Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

Everything I feared pre game, they completely done us and another example of why we're not at any sort of level to complete right at the top. Struggle whenever things aren't made comfortable and let us have the ball. James Maddison worst player on the pitch today. 

I can't be arsed moaning about too much, we got done, move on and make sure we beat Fulham. 

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Every corner is utter shite Maddison takes 

every free kick he has lead boots...

Every time the opposition takes a corner it results in a chance.

Corner 676 for Maddison to land it on someones nut.

How many times to we have to see the same thing.

I agree. His corners are absolute shite. We never look like scoring from a corner. Why can’t Rodgers see it. Same at defending them, we always look likely to concede. It never changes. 

Just now, lcfceaves said:

And the second half slump begins. 
Not sure how anyone can defend Rodgers if we drop like we did last season. 

Looks a Tit now after all the crap he came out with after beating them at their place. 

Maddison - Garbage. Did he ever make one decent pass

Everyone pretty poor, Other than Kasper. 

Sad that when Ndidi and Vardy are injured we are bloody awful 

Yes, but he kept it at one.

• Haha 1

Just now, StanSP said:

That was very underwhelming and some poor performances but not going to go overboard and act like it was a Sunday league performance. 

Yes, some passengers and some lack of efforts. Quite a few bits wrong with that performances and some of you lot definitely underestimated Leeds. Not to go all Sky Sports but they definitely had more desire and effort and energy to win. 

Not going to react as if we need to sell all the players just cos they played bad. We'd have no squad if that was the case. Also not like we just went 12 games unbeaten. 

Improvements definitely needed. Poor defending for a couple of the goals at least. Perez has to apply himself better. Maddison went missing 2nd half. Barnes went quiet too 2nd half. 

Was it shit for the most part? Yes. 

Should we be winning home games like this? Yes. 

Should we panic? No. 

Are we still doing alright in the grand scheme of things? Yes. 

Rinse and ****ing repeat 

Too many poor performances but Perez stands out like a sore thumb. 

We may as well of played with no striker. Perez is too easy to mark. He doesn't run in behind and always comes short for the ball. The problem with him coming short is that he is so lightweight that a strong gust of wind blows him off balance. 

We miss Ndidi and Vardy massively. 

Defending set pieces we look like we will concede every time a corner is swung in! Surely Brendan has to look at this in detail and change the way we defend them. Every match we look shakey.

Think sky are top of my ‘hate list’ the first ****ing words from the pundits are ‘if your a football person you’ve got to love leeds’ and the ‘great style’ of football. Do one. Can’t believe we lost to these, another shocking home game. Not looking forward to Fulham now…

1 minute ago, hebangsthedrums said:

Outmuscled.

Standard Perez performance - shit.

Maddison back to looking like a show pony that can't actually do anything and wastes every. single. set piece.

Wouldn't mind so much as we stay top 4, but yet another home defeat and we now get a Leeds wank fest - 'statement win' - what? They beat a below par team in a season where everyone is beatable. 

Agree with all of that. Every half a dozen games Maddison turns into a total passenger.

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

...and Sky with their little tables telling us we win when a head and score in the last 15 mins can **** off. 

Souness is an absolute wetwipe with his comments. Couldn't get any further up Leeds arse if he tried. 

1 minute ago, sdb said:

That was painful. Yet again we think we can just turn up and beat a team. How many times this season now have we dropped points to inferior sides?

We need to sign a striker badly. Not a no.10, or another midfielder. A striker. 

Cant help thinking we'll look back on this talented side as bottlers. Some of our results over the last 12 months, when the stakes were high are just embarrassing to see.

Aside from today we had a flawless record when going ahead?

I’m not massively worried, we lost the game in the two areas that would normally be bossed by Vardy and Ndidi. One thing that needs changing though is Madders on set pieces. At some point you’ve just gotta admit that it’s not working and give someone else a go, Youri, Albrighton, Under all look decent when they take them

• Like 3

A shame as I have been praising Rodgers recently but this one is on him. Two major points.

Formation was wrong from the start.

Persisting with Perez.

Other observations.

Is Maddison actually that good at set-pieces? Think it is a myth. Southgate will be thinking, no thanks.

No striker = no outlet upfront

Defence, all were bad today.

Big game against Fulham next Wednesday. If we can't beat them, I'll doubt our top 4 credentials. 

I challenge anyone to try and convince me why Perez is not a waste of space? Genuinely interested to see if anyone has a convincing argument for him because I know for a fact Nacho would have contributed more past two games than Perez.

For all the tossing off of Leeds, we've been completely the architects of our own demise here. Careless pass by Maddison with the rest of the team far too over comitted to charging forwards on the first, awful pass/clearance by Evans on the second which was nowehere near to Ricardo and all he could do was poke it loosely out into midfield where Perez is too slow to win it, compounded by Evans ballsing up the offside line as Leeds get it. Then for the third we've got nobody back to defend when we are taking a set piece, yet we know how often our set pieces lead to sod all. Stupid errors all of them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

Need to get Maddison off set pieces. Can't beat the first man, ever. Basics.

Still look incredibly shaky defending corners too.

The introduction of 3 centre backs 2nd half didn't work either. Rodgers will admit that.

Strange I thought we came out pretty strong when we were 3 at the back and bar the goal had restricted them really well.  I was actually pissed we went back to a 4 and thought Under should have come on for perez.  

• Like 1