Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Wolves 0-0 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Unabomber said:

Come on Iheanacho is alright 

He was fine - let’s face it, other than the headed chance which pretty much Vardy did all himself, there wasn’t much of a difference. 

Legs or whatever, numerous players today not at races. Amount of poor decisions and slack touches suggests fatigue is creeping in 

• Like 2

Our front men had some good opportunities to build something and I lost count the amount of time they gave the ball away from little pressure or making a terrible decision.

Looks like it was one of those days but we looked really poor attacking today.

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

Should have been a free kick at the end there.

I can't believe it wasn't.  After Wolves spent an entire minute collecting the ball for a throw-in I was sure he'd add at least another 30s at the end of injury time, certainly didn't expect him to blow a few seconds early after ignoring an obvious foul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Last season we would have lost that game. Not a great performance but Hamza did well. Ricardo looked a bit shaky but understandable. I think we really do need to see Under ahead of perez now 

Last season we did exactly the same thing and drew 0-0 in a turgid game lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Draw was right. We look tired and ideas limited. Barnes looking very tired shame we havent faith in a replacement option off bench. Set pieces again caused us unnecessary pressure too often. Vardy had a great chance at the end but evident to see we needed that change to look remotely threatening. Just a shame we seem to fail to capitalise on others slipping up all too often. Top 4 to me still looks like a bridge too far this side but I'm confident with recruitment in summer we'll address that issues better.

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

How are wolves in the bottom half? Thought Neto and Traore was very good! A good point imo!

They do well against teams that try to beat them. Against teams that also play a low block, they have big trouble. It's a bit like us post title win, for the next few seasons, teams turned up at the KP and parked the bus and we couldn't get through. They are in the "Puel" phase of their club, only they aren't as brave to completely change their style of football. Though to be fair losing Doherty, Jota and Jimenez injured is a tough break.

For me the next stage of our club improving (if we can improve any further) is to be a team that can convincingly beat Wolves playing a proactive game. Any team that can do that is a serious title contending team IMO, they are a very good barometer for "how good a team are you actually?"

• Like 2

Terrible stuff to watch that. 
4-5 players never turned up, Barnes was especially poor for his standards this season. 
Only positives - we didn’t concede, from open play or set pieces...

- Justin played well

- Vards looked sharp 

- 1 more point on the road

The decision making in the final third though was awful. Seen this a few times against teams who sit deep - we really need to sort that in the summer, need a player who can just make something out of nothing - easier said than done but never replaced Mahrez