Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Villa 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Brilliant 1st half, stressful in the 2nd half

We were never going to be able to play as well as we did in the 1st half in the 2nd half, some of the lads were absolutely knackered

Still even with how defensive we went I don't think they really had any clear cut chances to score other than the goal

This is the kind of game we would've bottled last season, now we are regularly grinding out these wins whilst having to do with rotation and the lads being knackered

Luke Thomas MOTM

Onto Slavia on Thursday!

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

I grew up watching some great partnerships, like Bert & Ernie, Rosie & Jim and Bodger & Badger.

But after today, Luke Thomas and Harvey Barnes are officially the greatest partnership I’ve ever seen.

Paul and Barry Chuckle dislike this post. Well one of them does anyway

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Signs of fatigue there in the 2nd half and weirdly I can understand why Rodgers went defensive to grind it out and stop us getting overrun as they looked for the equaliser. 

I called out for Rodgers to bring on Under or Iheanacho to give their defenders something to do.

He gets a lot of shit on here but think Mendy did well when he came on. Not sure what anyone can moan about regarding his performance today. 

• Like 4

That second half was a tough watch. I never want us to play a midfield 3 of mendy hamza and wilf again. Great result though. Vardy not looking the same. Maybe his injuries have caught up with him. Currently Ian offers a lot more.