Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Villa 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

In Brendan we trust...

But ending up with 3CBs, 3DMs against a Grealish-less Villa?

I think he’s seen enough to know that they weren’t going to break us down easily, so in the end his decision was vindicated. No need to chase a game you’ve already won. Their goal was mainly us switching off provided we didn’t to that again the game was won. So thinking about it, it was actually a great bit of management from Brendan. 

2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

In Brendan we trust...

But ending up with 3CBs, 3DMs against a Grealish-less Villa?

In a vacuum I'd agree but in the context of having played the defending champions, away in eastern europe and then away against a lively Villa side (who have already beaten us this year) I think it's ok. Especially as we have so many injuries and key players to manage.

• Like 1

That was an absolute chore to sit through. 3 points stands us in good stead though and let's hope we can up the performance for next game. Luke Thomas and Cage played very well. Harvey good although needs to mix it up rather than always cutting inside. Vardy was rancid today as a negative.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I've never felt so comfortable yet so nervous at the same time.

Stupid early goal forced us into game management mode and we did it pretty well. Probably took more out of us doing that but it's another great win. 

Surprised he didn't take Vardy off for Iheanacho. 

Everyone moved out of position for their goal, but generally defended well. Castagne and Thomas excellent for the most part. Soyuncu outstanding again. 

Barnes a real threat, shame we couldn't get him running more second half. 

This part of the season is all about wins. 

Evans gets out fast enough and the cross doesn’t come in...