Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton vs LCFC - Match Thread - 06/03/2021 (Sky Sports)

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Slow, laborious football, no reaction, Rogers too slow to change tactically (he will remember we are losing in the 75th minute). Our absolute disgusting inability to win second balls in the last few weeks is what upsets me the most, we win absolute nothing, we press absolutely nothing, we are absolutely devoid of ideas. Vardy has gone right to shit and that fecks up most of our plans even with a full squad. This is absolutely dire, we don't even look like scoring and we won't whilst the majority of our possession is passing it around the back three. My eyes are bleeding.

This is what annoys me too. We can expect a slight drop in performance given our injuries but its doesnt excuse our lack of fight. We are being bullied in every single game and its as if the players are scared of getting injured. We can still grind results out with our injuries if we fight, do the basics right and stay organised. We literally are doing none of these things and it feels as if the season is coming to a close with nothing to play for. Its so bad its frightening 

• Like 2

Brendan has bottled it. 5 atb never works and we have absolutely no chance of creating anything.

Vardy and Nacho have actually been pretty good but we are all wrong and it’s fine to Brendan.

He went for the safe option by going overly defensive and it’s backfired and he’s wasted the entire half by not swallowing his pride and changing it as soon as his pathetic scared plan backfired instantly.

Armarty is waste of space, forfana and Soyuncu are all over the place in a 5 atb. Ndidi getting run all over by there press and we can’t get behind the blue wall because all our players are bloody at the back!!

Brendan is a coward and I’m getting fed up of him now.

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

BR said he won't make any signings in January as he was haply with the squad 

Sick of hearing this to be fair. I suppose BR was supposed to sign 3 or 4 30m players just incase we got a big injury list. It's not a video game. Hardly anyone signed players in Jan. We are having a huge injury crisis, look at our bench tonight for starters, we just have to try and muddle through 

• Thanks 1

Just now, weller54 said:

And to think we were looking forward to having the Soyuncu/Fofana partnership 😂😂

I wasn’t. Evans has always been the man. If any of them match half of what he’s won then they’ll be happy. 

Soyunchu is all over the place. I’ll not go as far as saying I don’t rate him but atm if Evans was fit then Soyuncu shouldn’t be near the first 11.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

What’s wrong with me?

Just pointing out that options are very limited in terms of what we can do! You couldn’t name a different XI that would have been more creative than this one. You keep banging on, but not taking into account what’s happening with our squad.

You take Maddison and Barnes out - guess what we are a far less creative team - when their first choice back ups are also out injured then we are going to struggle. I’m really not so sure what’s so hard to understand.

Yes of course we miss those players but the back 3 is killing us. 

Even if you put Armarty at rb and Ricardo forward it would make some difference. Even the commentary team have noted how uncomfortable Soyuncu is out on the left, the 3 of them are all over the place. 

On a bright note, Tavares isn't disgracing himself in what must be a difficult game for him. Very unlucky with his shot. Let's see if Rodgers changes it on 65/70 minutes and whether it improves things because we should be 3 down tbh.

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, sishades said:

Why do players who have not scored in years always do so against us?

It's the cure of  Essandoh

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

People love a scapegoat. He’s our only CB that hasn’t been shocking today.

Not sure which game you're watching pal.

Dan has been unsure, unsteady and slows the game down.

Fofana has been the only bright spot defensively.

8 minutes ago, Sly said:

Issue is that we’re being dominated in midfield. No point play 3 at the back if we can’t defend. We’d be better pushing someone into midfield to try and win the 2nd balls. 

Agree got to go back 4. Amartey ineffective. 

Just like everyone else...really peed off. 

Get amartey off now. He offers absolute zilch and unsettles everyone around him. He should be nowhere near the starting 11. Bring on thomas or fuchs. Shift to a back four. 

Hopefully nick an early goal and get back into this. CMON boys

Back three system rightly taking a lot of criticism but we just ain't at it all over the pitch. You'd think we would be busting a gut to not be a soft touch given our injury issues.                                                                                                                                                          

Painful watch this. Too slow, sideways passing, over run in the midfield by a energetic press. Tavares has some ability but this level looks a bit early for him. I wonder if BR is playing him in an attempt to get him to sign a contract?

Albrighton on for Amartey.

Fix the back, better link up with midfield and go for it. Don’t take Nacho off!

Kasper

Ricardo Fofana Soyuncu Castagne

Ndidi   Tielemans

Tavares                             Albrighton

Nacho         Vardy

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3