Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton vs LCFC - Match Thread - 06/03/2021 (Sky Sports)

Just now, Col city fan said:

Can we finally stop spouting this bollox on here. Dan Amartey isn’t and never has been a Premiership player. He belongs at a lower lever than this

Tavares however looks to have potential. He’s too young and lightweight to command a regular first team spot but definitely looks like he’s gonna be good enough

Overall though.. shocking half of football from us 

We just need to give big Dan a run out at 10 to confirm he really doesn’t have a position.

Honestly nothing against the bloke but it’s clear he isn’t capable at this level. He passes forward less often than most rugby players.

We could be 3-0 down, shocking first half.

3/5 at the back and they've been all over the place, Cags has been shocking and looks miles off the player from last season.

Injuries have absolutely killed us, so have all the games we've played, our players looked so tired.

Ndidi is usually Mr. Reliable but he's looked crap the past few games, he's the key usually, if he plays well, we play well.

Vardy is either finished or not fully fit, he looks miles off the pace.

Set pieces, ****ing set pieces, it's obviously they are going to be our downfall and will continue to be until we sort something out from it.

Not signing anyone at all in January or recalling KDH hasn't helped us, we're now relying on 18 year old academy prospects to spark some magic up to get us back into games.

That bench is one of the worst I've seen in the past few seasons, it reminds me of the dark days of Holloway!

Need to try and shithouse a goal from somewhere, I don't think we stand a chance of winning games until Maddison and Perez are back in the squad, we don't have anyone that looks like scoring.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

If any one thinks these bunch of jokers will finish top 4 then I think they need a reality check.

Laughing stock of the premier league twice on the trot.

Fvcks sake get a grip. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Might be something to do with half the first team being injured.. just an educated guess though.

I mean my comment said 'whenever' we're bad. Not just at the moment.

Please can we never play a back 3 ever again. We just can't play it.

Also think we've been completely done over by the fixture planners. There was no need to play that Burnley game when scheduled and then on top of that we are asked to play again 3 days later whilst other teams have had a week off. In fact West Ham have had a 9 day break. Compare Brighton's energy to ours. Not surprising given that they've had a week off beforehand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Who did you expect us to sign? 

I'd of brought in another winger and another attacking midfielder.

Otavio was good to go for 15m in January.

Thauvin could of been purchased aswel cheap.

People think players were not available they were LCFC just didn't think repeat of last season would happen again

Being totally outplayed by a team that hasn’t been able to win a football match for months...

laugable how bad we are...

we ain’t making EL never mind CL...

we bottled last season....thought we would  learn from our mistakes maybe.... same is same old though...

I want to keep Tavares on but just always think we need to revert to 4 at the back. 

As the squad is so depleted at the moment then the only way I can see this working is Ricardo on the right, Albrighton on the left and Amartey at full back. Kel behind Vards.

God knows what would work at the moment though. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

He has a good scoring record against us ...wouldnt surprise me me if he didn’t ask potter to pick him tonight and promised a goal .....

im pretty sure that’s his fifth or sixth goal against us ?

We'd better ask Tranmere to loan us David Nugent next time we play Ipswich then on that logic.

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Why does nobody here respect the 65 minute rule?

Need to stand up and give Brendan a round of applause at the 65 minute mark

p*ss poor and can't blame injuries on not being able to do the basics right. struggling to string simple passes together and getting caught on the ball far to often in the middle. The back 3 look like they've never played together. 

Tavares grew into the game a bit after looking a bit nervy, but a shambles of a team performance again. 

On the bright side, luck is on our side and we are only one goal down :D - still in it, but we offer nothing going forward and defensively very far off it.

Times like this it’s hard to think how good we were 6 months ago, when Castagne burst onto the scene and everyone was firing (despite an injury crisis at the time) 

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think this confirms we are done and heading for a similar collapse to last season. Unfortunately we won't drop to 5th but much further. If Maddison is not back ext game and Barnes by mid April we have no hope.

Well said 

We look crap lads. Two seasons in a row we've fallen away. 

We are lucky to be down only by one.

3 at the back is killing us. Looking at the replay for the first goal, both Soyuncu and Fofana at fault. Soyuncu for jumping up and Fofana not tracking his man. This game is showing how important Evans is. He is there to save the mistakes of others but he is not here.

Back 4 pls. Bring Amartey off for Albrighton. Albrighton to play left wing dropping Castagne to LB (Castagne has been a bit ineffective so far). Ricardo can have the whole right side to him.

Don’t take Nacho off. He is the only one linking up.

Edited by Tom12345