Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton vs LCFC - Match Thread - 06/03/2021 (Sky Sports)

Prague, Arsenal, Burnley and now Brighton have all wanted it more than we have. Yes we have injuries but we can't blame that on our lack of battle and fight. We are just being bullied and look absolutely shot. That 1st half was as poor as you are likely to see. If we can't complete basic passes and keep our defensive shape then we have no hope. Something has got to give or the season is over. 

Ndidi and Soyuncu have been abysmal again!!!!!

Tavares looking like he's capable at this level is the only small consolation and even I can't gain much satisfaction put of that right now. They need an absolute rocket at half time, we literally have Albrighton and nothing else to change things. Harrowing, how on earth has this happened.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Really poor. None of our attacking players are giving us a pass upfield. So many times someone had the ball but noone to pass too. Brighton have been clever and have pressed us high and limited forward pass.

3 at the back not working at all, I know we have no wingers but it's been abysmal defensively.

A wonderful strike from Tavares but he's been too slow on the ball and gave it away loads. Not easy for him but he needs to be the number 10.

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I put a whole team and different formation out for you but didn't know one was injured, whats up with you. It's the formation and tactics that are poor here. Oops another goal nearly conceded. Even the blind could see that this doesn't work and hasn't done several times before. We've the players to play a strong back 4 but instead disrupt a whole team. 

What’s wrong with me?

Just pointing out that options are very limited in terms of what we can do! You couldn’t name a different XI that would have been more creative than this one. You keep banging on, but not taking into account what’s happening with our squad.

You take Maddison and Barnes out - guess what we are a far less creative team - when their first choice back ups are also out injured then we are going to struggle. I’m really not so sure what’s so hard to understand.

Slow, laborious football, no reaction, Rogers too slow to change tactically (he will remember we are losing in the 75th minute). Our absolute disgusting inability to win second balls in the last few weeks is what upsets me the most, we win absolute nothing, we press absolutely nothing, we are absolutely devoid of ideas. Vardy has gone right to shit and that fecks up most of our plans even with a full squad. This is absolutely dire, we don't even look like scoring and we won't whilst the majority of our possession is passing it around the back three. My eyes are bleeding.

Tavares shot the only positive and even then going in to HT level would have been undeserved. 

Players are shattered so not sure how much they can give in 2nd half or if they can give more/enough to turn the game around. 

Shouldn't rely on luck but a slice of it would be nice... 

It's worrying how easily they just stroll through a 3-man defence with just one or two players. We have to get the ball forward quicker, stop playing diagonals to their giant LB, make use of wing-backs more efficiently. 

I'd favour going to a 4-3-3. Castagne RB, Thomas LB, Ricardo and Albrighton as wingers and Ndidi, Youri and Sidnei in the middle. 

Our 3 centre backs only have Maupay to mark between them and he's got the freedom of Brighton, all of them daydreaming.

Brighton are very ordinary but our performance so far has been appalling. How many second balls have we won?

We're playing badly but we've gifted goals in the last 2 games, both coming from stupid mistakes at the back.

We need to cut this out and stop stifling our attack with 3 at the back. These are easy fixes, and it's hard to defend the team when we keep making these mistakes.

Revert to 4 at the back and stay switched on.

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One of the worse 45 minutes we gave played this season.

No. It is the worst 45 minutes we have played all season.

We all know BR will not change it. 

Before tonight

BHA 10 goals at home. Could have had 3.

Their last 3 wins all took place in different years.

Lllllaanananan hasn't scored since dinosaurs roamed the earth.

And now the positives.......

The back 3 looks like they've fell out of a nightclub at 4 am and the wing backs look like a couple of alzheimers patients trying to get back inside after a walk in the garden.

Play 4 at the back second half and lets never try 3 4 1 2 again.

That should have changed after half hour.

Brendan sort this out bud need to inject a bit more belief passion and stop making those silly mistakes we’ve got a chance to go second I’m sure Man City will do us a favour tomorrow, but we have to dig in and win this game and do our thing we know we’re better than this !

COME ON LEICESTER BIG HALF LETS WIN THIS !! 💙🦊💙🦊

Absolutely weak as p#ss first half performance. Don't want to hear about injuries anymore. They don't make us fanny around at the back thinking we are prime barca, they don't make tielemans miss every pass and set piece or amartey looking like he is scared of the ball. Fuming at that shower.

1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

I'd of brought in another winger and another attacking midfielder.

Otavio was good to go for 15m in January.

Thauvin could of been purchased aswel cheap.

People think players were not available they were LCFC just didn't think repeat of last season would happen again

You have no idea if we tried for them or not, and if we did, maybe the player fancied staying at their club or didn't fancy a January move?