Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton vs LCFC - Match Thread - 06/03/2021 (Sky Sports)

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Why is he stood two yards behind the line watching Lallana in an acre of space and makes no effort to try to cover the danger. If that’s not shocking then jeez.

If you’re talking about the first goal, that was clearly soyuncus fault. Not sure why you are trying to blame it on amartey. Baffling really.

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

Brendan has bottled it. 5 atb never works and we have absolutely no chance of creating anything.

Vardy and Nacho have actually been pretty good but we are all wrong and it’s fine to Brendan.

He went for the safe option by going overly defensive and it’s backfired and he’s wasted the entire half by not swallowing his pride and changing it as soon as his pathetic scared plan backfired instantly.

Armarty is waste of space, forfana and Soyuncu are all over the place in a 5 atb. Ndidi getting run all over by there press and we can’t get behind the blue wall because all our players are bloody at the back!!

Brendan is a coward and I’m getting fed up of him now.

4 at the back would probably be better, but Im really not sure BR is scared of Brighton or a coward lol. Very dramatic. 

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Sick of hearing this to be fair. I suppose BR was supposed to sign 3 or 4 30m players just incase we got a big injury list. It's not a video game. Hardly anyone signed players in Jan. We are having a huge injury crisis, look at our bench tonight for starters, we just have to try and muddle through 

No let's not twist shit sunshine and make it sound better because your saying it.

I said 2 players at a total cost of around 30m

Not 4 players at 30m each.

Don't but in on my posts unless you read it properly 

Amartey off for Fuchs. Fuchs to LB, Castagne to RB and push Riccardo to RM.

The problem with this 352 is Caglar looks dog on the left side of a 3, Amartey is his ever obliging garbage on the ball, Castagne has now wide mid/winger so looks lost as a wing back. Ndidi and Tielemans are all over the shop and not playing there normal game and the shape isnt working.

Brendan needs to be brave here.

I was hoping he would make changes after 30 mins but we cant come out and play the same formation, despite the personnel issues we have.

The team passing it better, winning more challenges and making space for each other are winning. The team that have barely made one decent forward pass or one notable tackle are losing. Simple.

Get Albrighton on for Amartey and ditch

that ridiculous 352. Preferably before they score the second they fully deserve.

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s going so badly I’d genuinely consider playing 433 with Vardy and Kevin on the wings, Nacho down the centre - can’t be less effective than this shower. 

But then Vardy won’t be able to come short and lay it off to someone else :whistle:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

If he keeps Amartey on after half time and persists with the same line up he’ll never make it as an elite manager. 

Well Robbie Savage said he is🥴 even though at this point he's not won anything in England other than a promotion.

Our passing is woeful, Kaspers kicking has been awful, there has been no movement or speed. I agree we have injuries, but arguably at least 8 of that team could be starting in normal circumstances so the passing should be better then it is 

Complete and utter shite. You can blame tiredness if you want but that just glosses over the other issues - nobody looks completely comfortable in this system, regardless of the individuals we've seen this twice against these this season. Back in December where we were lucky to not go behind, switched to a 4 and beat them at a canter. Then you have the cup game - again, massively fortunate following a largely dire performance.

It's terrible. Make a change or two.

We just look abysmal!

Forget the attacking injuries, we are just all over the place, so sloppy.

I swear our lads have some bets on for the number of passes completed, that's all we do now, pass back, pass it along the back line to each other. Then wait for their press and look like a rabbit in the headlights!

If you can't beat the crap that is Burnley or Brighton away from home, you don't deserve anything.

Have a feeling this game could get worse!

Just now, peach0000 said:

If you’re talking about the first goal, that was clearly soyuncus fault. Not sure why you are trying to blame it on amartey. Baffling really.

Yeah Amartey was playing him onside, but Fofana didn't see the run and Soyuncu tackle was pathetic. They were all kind of at fault, but Amartey probably less so than the other 2. 

• Like 3

Even if we do make changes I'm not that confident we'll get back in to it. 

Probably follow similar pattern to some home games we've lost (Fulham, Leeds, West Ham). 

Chase the game, get caught on the counter. Simple for Brighton to defend against now - something they're very organised at doing. 

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Not sure which game you're watching pal.

Dan has been unsure, unsteady and slows the game down.

Fofana has been the only bright spot defensively.

I’ve said this twice before but I get there’s loads of comments and you probably haven’t seen it. I’m more questioning why Amartey is getting so much stuck when soyuncu has been a lot worse. Amartey hasn’t been amazing but soy has been shocking. At fault for the goal and gives the ball away at every opportunity 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Actually it was both Soyuncu’a fault for jumping up and Fofana not tracking.