Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton vs LCFC - Match Thread - 06/03/2021 (Sky Sports)

All over the shop at the back. Tavares looks exactly what he is, a kid playing mens football for the first time, and Vardy at top speed looks like he's running through treacle. Brighton are absolutely sh*thousing this performance. Got the goal, low block, then constantly committing the tactical foul the second we break which is stopping us building any rhythm. 

Other than change shape I honestly don't know what else we can do. Absolutely no options off the bench that could change this game. 

5 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I want to keep Tavares on but just always think we need to revert to 4 at the back. 

As the squad is so depleted at the moment then the only way I can see this working is Ricardo on the right, Albrighton on the left and Amartey at full back. Kel behind Vards.

God knows what would work at the moment though. 

I would go 4231.

Get Amartey and Nacho off and Thomas and Albrighton on. Keep Tavares on as the number 10, move Timmy to right back and Ric to the wing. We're wasting a player having 3 centre backs and not even looking at all solid.

Of course there'll be no changes until about 65 minutes, I'm sure.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

We're in trouble here - they should be more than one up. We haven't threatened at all bar the Sidnei hit. We look devoid of ideas, again and there's little or no inspiration except from Ricardo on occasions. We just look vulnerable all over. I think it will be 3-0 to Brighton by the end unless we shake it up. 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Brighton were always going to be a threat, their statistics this season bear that out.

We don't look right with the current formation, Amartey stands out hugely as somebody who is inferior to the rest on the ball. Defence looks all over the place.

Tavares has shown some neat touches and a great shot, Iheanacho has dropped deep and played a couple of good passes. Apart from that, not a lot to be positive about.

I think he’s the weakest technically but he’s the one that I’m least worried about currently. 

Soyuncu looks like we’re playing a forward in defence as part of a back three. 

Just now, StanSP said:

Not scapegoat. He is detrimental to any style of play we have. Just his limitations. 

Not saying he’s been amazing just questioning the focus on him rather than soyuncu and less so fofana. Those two have been shocking. Amatey hasn’t been quite as bad.

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

I would go 4231.

Get Amartey and Nacho off and Thomas and Albrighton on. Keep Tavares on as the number 10, move Timmy to right back and Ric to the wing. We're wasting a player having 3 centre backs and not even looking at all solid.

Nacho and Tavares are the only ones giving us hope 

1 minute ago, Vestan Pance said:

I know we have injuries but have they been working on moving the ball backwards 70 yards to Schmeichel in training? We're brilliant at it.

To be honest, we’ve been doing that for weeks. Really grinds my gears, because it can never lead to anything but trouble.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Brighton were always going to be a threat, their statistics this season bear that out.

We don't look right with the current formation, Amartey stands out hugely as somebody who is inferior to the rest on the ball. Defence looks all over the place.

Tavares has shown some neat touches and a great shot, Iheanacho has dropped deep and played a couple of good passes. Apart from that, not a lot to be positive about.

Fair assessment. We just don't look much of a threat when we play 3 at the back.

Our CBs play the ball among themselves and seem to be hoping for gaps in the opposition midfield that never comes. 

We look much stronger going forward with 2 players on each flank and our central midfielders having more space as the opposition stretches to cover the extra wider players.

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Can definitely see Tavares coming off for Mendy to "shore up" the defence.

Oh god I can see this happening. Mendy and Albrighton for Tavares and Iheanacho.

1 minute ago, MarshallForEngland said:

Can't blame injuries for this. Simple passes over or under hit, total lack of discipline at the back so one person nowhere near what's going on is playing everyone onside, getting shoved off the ball easily and generally not being up for it. If Dyche can get what he gets out of that Burnley squad, there's no excuse for whatever you call this today. 

Totally agree, the eleven we have out there should be good enough but they need to toughen up and get smart. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Big issue is the way we start, slow tempo and playing backward.

Only positive is the fact we are only 1 down.

I thought we'd learnt from last season, moved forward and realised such negative football was a nonsense but nope, seems to be Rodgers' go to defense mechanism when things are going well but it makes us worse.

Credit to Rodgers for how we've gone this season but with the credit he carries the can when we go to shit, especially when its a carbon copy of last year.

Thats not to say the players get away with it, no effort shown whatsoever. Perform.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

People love a scapegoat. He’s our only CB that hasn’t been shocking today.

Why is he stood two yards behind the line watching Lallana in an acre of space and makes no effort to try to cover the danger. If that’s not shocking then jeez.

Whe  you have a makeshift side you should keep it simple, not tikka taka around the back.

Play forward, hit you front man and turn the them around.

We would get a penalty and pass it back to Kasper.

Still going 2-1 Vardy yo get both.

• Haha 1