Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton vs LCFC - Match Thread - 06/03/2021 (Sky Sports)

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

You have no idea if we tried for them or not, and if we did, maybe the player fancied staying at their club or didn't fancy a January move? 

BR said he won't make any signings in January as he was haply with the squad 

Just now, peach0000 said:

People love a scapegoat. He’s our only CB that hasn’t been shocking today.

He is shocking. He's a bombscare with the ball at his feet and all he does is pass backwards and sideways, unbelievable how much a single player can slow down the whole game.

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I really hope I’m wrong, but bloody hell, it’s happening again isn’t it?

This where I'm at too. Too many half fit players and low confidence, it's not looking good.

Despite a toothless and at times clueless first half performance we are still in a game that should have already been put out of sight. I think we all know deep down that, despite our current league position, top four is disappearing into the distance. When you lose 40% of your creative output and 35% of your goal scoring it is always going to be difficult but at least show some guts in the second half, change to four at the back, and at least go down fighting! 

• Like 1

I understand the injuries and how spent some of our regulars must be but this is doggo. Surely a top 4 candidate can do better than this. We could barely string a couple of passes together. Still very much in it, hoping for a much better second half! COYL

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

People love a scapegoat. He’s our only CB that hasn’t been shocking today.

Not scapegoat. He is detrimental to any style of play we have. Just his limitations. 

Just now, SecretPro said:

He is shocking. He's a bombscare with the ball at his feet and all he does is pass backwards and sideways, unbelievable how much a single player can slow down the whole game.

Soyuncu and Fofana have been way worse. Not sure why everyone is digging out amartey. 

That was painful. We've got to change from the three at the back, they look lost. And while we have no real creative players in midfield the scariest thing is pretty much every player is coming off second best in every battle. Even Tilly getting bullied off the ball hurts. Like most of the Burnley game we have no midfield to move the ball through. BR can strengthen the back by going to 4 but it doesn't solve our biggest issue. 

My main irritation (other than how badly we're playing) is that when we've had a chance to just launch it into Vardy/Nacho we don't. We either give it away or just pass it back/sideways. Only Nacho has done something good enough. If we have no midfield lets just bypass midfield.