Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home Sunday 14th March 2.00pm Sky Sports

It's only massive to have Praet back if he actually gets used properly - as in starting games that matter, not 20-minute cameos and cup games against League 2 sides (of which there are no more anyway).  Which wasn't happening at the time he got hurt.  Maybe with Maddison out he'll get that chance, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Perez back in the lineup for every game and Praet back in the role of squad player.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It's only massive to have Praet back if he actually gets used properly - as in starting games that matter, not 20-minute cameos and cup games against League 2 sides (of which there are no more anyway).  Which wasn't happening at the time he got hurt.  Maybe with Maddison out he'll get that chance, but I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see Perez back in the lineup for every game and Praet back in the role of squad player.

Dennis should take a leaf out of Hamza's book and have a moan to Brendan about a lack of game time. When Hamza did that he got a run of games ahead of Mendy when up until that point Mendy had been the preferred deputy to Wilf. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Dennis should take a leaf out of Hamza's book and have a moan to Brendan about a lack of game time. When Hamza did that he got a run of games ahead of Mendy when up until that point Mendy had been the preferred deputy to Wilf. 

It also helped that Mendy was absolutely heinous vs Leeds the week before.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That was more applicable last season to this season was it not?

Not really, apart from the first 3 games of the season which went well. Since the 3 game horror show where he started all of them against Braga, Fulham and Zorya our form immediately picked up losing just two out of 20, Praet only starting 3 of those (one in the PL). The main problem is he doesn't seem to fit anywhere comfortably, certainly not wide right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:
13 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

What’s more likely is Perez reverts to a wide man again and Praet plays central in place of madders.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not true at all for this season

League: 9 starts, 6 wins 1 draw 2 losses

Europa: 4 starts, 2 wins 1 draw 1 loss

FA Cup: 1 start, 1 win

Total: 14 starts, 9 wins 2 draws 3 losses

Beat me to it

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think it’s more just a matter of waiting for summer and the transfer request at this stage.

Praet was playing really well earlier in the season. I think he's got to start if he's considered fit enough.

Obviously coming back from a lengthy injury a player is not always ready to be thrown straight into the side again.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

Want to see nacho and Vards start together again. Nacho feeds off confidence and there are glimpses it's coming when playing with JV.  Tavares might get shoved about too much, but if he starts I won't complain.  Set piece is where they may threaten so think all 3 CB's have two play even if cags is not quite at the level of last season yet. Castagne & Ricardo have not reached their very best either, but they all need time following bad injuries.  Agree with earlier posts Praet to get some minutes either sub for Tavares or Perez whichever starts.

Winning isn't everything it's the only thing! (for this one at least)!

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

I would drop Soyuncu, who has been below his standard since coming back, other than that I can't see the returning players starting.

Only problem is, I can't see how we revert to a 433/4231 with the rest, as we don't have any wingers.

Perhaps Perez and Praet to play 60/30, but can't see Brendan starting Nacho, Vardy and Perez. 

Cags really seems to struggle in a back 3 unfortunately, as it does seem to Brendan wants to have this as a formation we use for particular types of games, and obviously in response to injuries. Definitely some investment of time needed there when it comes to pre-season. 

28 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Not sure this is totally accurate praet started 9 out of a possible 13 (before his injury) in the league and 4 out of 6 in europe. He only played one cup game against lower opposition the Stoke game and that was a full strength side with Barnes, Tilemans, castagne, Evans, Fofana etc etc in it. 

• Like 1

Don’t want to risk Praet or Perez getting injured again, would give them 30 minutes against Sheff Utd and then start them against Man Utd in the FA Cup. Not sure who should play out of Fofana and Söyüncü so would rotate them alongside Evans. My only other thought would be to swap Albrighton for Söyüncü vs Man Utd and go 3-4-2-1 with Praet and Perez behind Vardy, but wanted to stick to 4 atb if possible.

Vs Sheff Utd

Schmeichel 

Castagne - Evans - Söyüncü - Thomas 

Ricardo - Ndidi - Tielemans - Albrighton

Iheanacho - Vardy

vs Man Utd 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Fofana - Evans - Castagne  
                Ndidi - Tielemans 

Perez   -   Praet   -   Albrighton

Vardy

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mark said:

Not really, apart from the first 3 games of the season which went well. Since the 3 game horror show where he started all of them against Braga, Fulham and Zorya our form immediately picked up losing just two out of 20, Praet only starting 3 of those (one in the PL). The main problem is he doesn't seem to fit anywhere comfortably, certainly not wide right.

Is that him or us though? He clearly fitted in comfortably at his last club and the Belgian national team or we wouldn't have bought him in the first place surely. 

• Like 3