Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home Sunday 14th March 2.00pm Sky Sports

As everybody has said, they're a team made up of championship players that had an incredible year last year. Lost a few key players to injury and haven't be able to handle it.

Absolutely no reason we don't beat these over 90 minutes and there's really no acceptable excuse for the team.

****s sake. Adds another dimension to the game and you never know how a team is going to react. 

Its weird, because by leaving it this long you'd think they were preparing for him to bring them back, like Dyche, and now Farke. Relationship obviously broken down either with some players or higher level. I like his honesty but he does come across as someone in Warnock mold as being someone who just isn't cut out for environments created at Premier League clubs and the hierarchies that go with it. 

• Like 1

Really poor decision by them I think, realistically whatever happens this weekend, they are all but down.

Is there a better manager to take them back up again?

Would love to see the stats on clubs who get relegated and keep their manager and go straight back up vs those who sack the manager.

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

As if you do it days before the next fixture before an international break. Read the situation.

I feel like a want to channel my inner: “Handforth Parish Council” after reading that.

READ IT AND UNDERSTAND IT!! 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

As everybody has said, they're a team made up of championship players that had an incredible year last year. Lost a few key players to injury and haven't be able to handle it.

Absolutely no reason we don't beat these over 90 minutes and there's really no acceptable excuse for the team.

Teams can be quite dangerous having just lost their manager...

16 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

****s sake. Adds another dimension to the game and you never know how a team is going to react. 

Its weird, because by leaving it this long you'd think they were preparing for him to bring them back, like Dyche, and now Farke. Relationship obviously broken down either with some players or higher level. I like his honesty but he does come across as someone in Warnock mold as being someone who just isn't cut out for environments created at Premier League clubs and the hierarchies that go with it. 

I think the word is that he walked as he didn’t get the support he needed/wanted from the board. 

I assume that they are planning for next year and he didn’t agree with what he was presented with. 

Fair play to him, tbh. 

I admired Wilder for his honesty and bluntness and I think he would have got them promoted next yaer.

However, this does take the pressure off United so we will need to start quickly and snuff out any thoughts of a shock home defeat (although nothing would surprise me this year). If we can get back to our flowing football we should be fine but we can struggle against sides like this particularly at home

19 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Well if he’s blowing 25 odd million on duffers like Brewster they might have a point 

Yeah add 20m ish on McBurnie and 10m on Mousset and it looks bad. I reckon Brewster will end up having a decent career ultimately, but Sheff Utd always looked a strange fit.

Berge arguably their only decent big money signing.

Edited by martyn