Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home Sunday 14th March 2.00pm Sky Sports

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This will make no difference, if anything they might be on the receiving end of their first hiding of the season.

5-0 Leicester

Vardy 2, Iheanacho, Tavares and Ricardo

I like your optimism but haven't Sheff Utd rarely lost by more than a goal or two this season?

I think it will be a grind for us and hopefully with a happy end.

• Like 1

Oh dear, with Wilder leaving hope the players don't have that boost you normally get when a manager leaves, not sure how well liked he was by the players, reminds me of Nige somewhat, thought he is a decent fella

• Like 1

SO happy to see Praet back. I feel he brings out the best of Castagne - they have such a great understanding playing alongside each other. Guessing he won't be able to start, but a really good option if we need a lift from the bench as the match progress. 

• Like 4

Just now, rachhere said:

SO happy to see Praet back. I feel he brings out the best of Castagne - they have such a great understanding playing alongside each other. Guessing he won't be able to start, but a really good option if we need a lift from the bench as the match progress. 

Praet and perez back give us a load of options.

I'd go rogue and go back to 433 with fofana at right back.

Kasper

Fofana Evans soyuncu castagne

Youri wilf dennis

Perez vardy Ricardo

• Like 1

So happy Dennis is back. Love the Belgian connection with Youri and Timmy. So pleased Evan's is back too to organise the defence as they do look wobbly without him.  Perez too! Madders isn't too far away either by the sounds of it 🤞

Just now, Hales said:

So happy Dennis is back. Love the Belgian connection with Youri and Timmy. So pleased Evan's is back too to organise the defence as they do look wobbly without him.  Perez too! Madders isn't too far away either by the sounds of it 🤞

Just hope we find a way to keep Nacho involved on a regular basis. But we are going to be spoilt for choice soon. 

I would drop Soyuncu, who has been below his standard since coming back, other than that I can't see the returning players starting.

Only problem is, I can't see how we revert to a 433/4231 with the rest, as we don't have any wingers.

Perhaps Perez and Praet to play 60/30, but can't see Brendan starting Nacho, Vardy and Perez. 

Perez and Praet coming back could have an important role to play, especially with Maddison out for a while longer with no estimated return date "seeing where he is after the international break" quotes from the Mercury live updates below - doesn't sound very promising at all. 

3:54JORDAN BLACKWELL

Maddison frustration?

"He’s a young player who loves the game, he loves talking about the game, improving, and there is an element of frustration when you are watching everyone training outside. He’s picked up after the first few days. We need to see how it responds to the work he’s doing."

13:54JORDAN BLACKWELL

Maddison?

"Seeing where he is after the international break. Will be about how he feels. He’s as frustrated as us all. Hopefully he will play a real part for us in the closing games."

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Dennis is back!! Madders and Under still out

HUGE news. Wouldn't expect him to be match sharp for a few matches, but we need someone like Praet in the team with Maddison out injured. When he, Youri and Castagne are in the team together, we look good. 

r/lcfc - When you hear Praet is back

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

I think we'll try and get our best and in form players on the pitch.

Kasper

Fofana Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne

Perez/Praet

Vardy Iheanacho

Maybe Perez and Praet get subbed for each other but between them play 90 mins.

• Like 3

I think unlike in usual circumstances, we might see the complete opposite reaction from Sheff Utd. 

Every single one of those players loves wilder like family, they were already resigned to going down, this is just another kick in the face.

I wouldn't be surprised if they suffered a hangover rather than had a bounce from it!

I know there are posters on here who aren't Praet's biggest fan, and I fully appreciate this may come back to bite me, but I think his return could be massive for us.

He was starting to really make an impact before his injury, particularly early in the season when Maddison wasn't fit. Hopefully that continues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely massive news to have Praet back, Castagne's not had anywhere near the same level of performance without him and he gives us a vital option. Perez funnily enough does as well if we're going 3-4-1-2 and although I hate 3 at the back I don't want to see Iheanacho dropped yet.

Praet and Perez surely aren't fit to start anyway so it's Tavares for me again and it'll be MoTM and a pig of a job for Praet and Perez to nick it off him.

• Like 2

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

The news on Maddison doesn't sound at all good to me. Was really hoping he would be back for the Cup game but from that quote you'd have to be concerned that we might not see much of him again this season.

Very similar to last season with him, wasn't ruled out for a set amount of weeks and yet ended up being out from June through to October.

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The news on Maddison doesn't sound at all good to me. Was really hoping he would be back for the Cup game but from that quote you'd have to be concerned that we might not see much of him again this season.

It sounds like this could be a regular problem in his career. 

He has a bad hip but has already had the operation to fix it...worrying for the lad.