Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home Sunday 14th March 2.00pm Sky Sports

If anything their players might be more fired up and eager to impress which can either mean worldy performances or rash tackles, errors and over enthusiasm resulting in being picked off. 

Regardless of who manages and who plays we have enough to win the match 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MPH said:

Teams can be quite dangerous having just lost their manager...

I think as people have said, teams that are playing below themselves can be. I don't think that is the case under Wilder at all.

If Brewster slams in a hattrick and they turn into Man City then I'll gladly come back here and apologise. Hell if they appear to look like a half decent premier league team I'll come back and say I was wrong :D

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I think as people have said, teams that are playing below themselves can be. I don't think that is the case under Wilder at all.

If Brewster slams in a hattrick and they turn into Man City then I'll gladly come back here and apologise. Hell if they appear to look like a half decent premier league team I'll come back and say I was wrong :D

They finished 9th last year so they do have good performances in them..

1 minute ago, MPH said:

They finished 9th last year so they do have good performances in them..

They also had Dean Henderson and Jack O'Connell last season, two massive massive influences in their performances. Their first 4 choices at cb are all out injured lol

As I say, I'll happily come back here and admit I was wrong if they somehow pull out an incredible performance that stifles us and nick a win. 

The only team that will beat us on that day will be ourselves. If we play a 3 4 1 2 again then Rodgers is setting us up for a tricky afternoon immediately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Our home form against lower teams does concern me, and obviously the injury situation. But we should smash this relegation fodder to be honest. I might even be tempted to rest JV - although we are light in the forward positions...

I think this is the perfect game to get Vardy back firing. A bit of pressure growing for him to get back in amongst the goals and we’re playing his local rivals after he’s had a weeks rest. 

1 hour ago, whitlock said:

I don't think Sheffield United are going to turn into world beaters because Wilder is going to leave.

If anything, a change of manager will disrupt their plans even more so. Top 4 ambitions it has to be three points against this lot, regardless of what is going on with their gaffer.

...the team has moved away from  their strengths and adopted a style which does not work for them!!!

A reversion to how they used to play would be a breath of fresh air to them, do not be surprised in their approach to the game. 

They aren't very good and by all accounts the players still played for Wilder. We should beat them regardless. Wilder accepted relegation long time ago and naturally his players probably did too. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

As everybody has said, they're a team made up of championship players that had an incredible year last year. Lost a few key players to injury and haven't be able to handle it.

Absolutely no reason we don't beat these over 90 minutes and there's really no acceptable excuse for the team.

Won’t have anything other than them not having fans there has royally scuppered them. 

If he was indeed in control of transfers, then spunking a combined £40 odd million on Rhian Brewster and Oli McBurnie was a sackable offence on it's own in my opinion, no wonder the owner wanted to hire a DoF.

In all seriousness, from what I've seen of them this season their lack of success hasn't been down to a lack of effort which should mean we don't see too much of a 'bounce' on Sunday. Play like we did in the second half at Brighton and we should win comfortably.

Pretty sure I read they wanted a DOF and Wilder didn't. His signings have been shocking tbf but he does come across as the type of person who wouldn't want that.