Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

I’ve said all along 68 will be enough and I think now it’s nearly certain.

If we fail to lose vs Chelsea we might be ok with 66/67 even I think.

If we can get 7 points out the next 3 games we will make it I think. 9 will almost lock it with no threat. We’re getting closer but need 1 last push.

We are in the driving seat no doubt, I know people keep mentioning the last 3 but feel Spurs are very beatable and to be honest it wouldn’t surprise me if we got 5 points from those last 3 alone 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

We are in the driving seat no doubt, I know people keep mentioning the last 3 but feel Spurs are very beatable and to be honest it wouldn’t surprise me if we got 5 points from those last 3 alone 

I agree no reason we can’t beat spurs . However with Chelsea at Villa and Liverpool vs Palace, I think if we are needing to beat spurs there will be a lot of pressure. I know Spurs by then we’ll be on the beach but it still could be an annoying stress.

Think we need to get to 67 by time we play Spurs at the least. Think then we might need a draw only.

Liverpool have a good set of fixtures so should get to 68/69 unless they mess up.

Chelsea tricky set but if they beat us the pressure will be on.

We are far from locked but it’s been a near perfect set of results since West Ham away(even 2 perfect results in the Fa cup).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Awesome stuff. On current form then we’re on for 69 or 70 pts right?

feedback Think you need to colour Leicester in Chelsea’s fixture column the sand colour.

plus add Leics vs Chelsea as they still have to play each other in the league 👍🏻

Ah yes will do. The Chelsea vs Leicester PL is noted as TBC in the pic 

3 hours ago, KFS said:

Let’s win the next three and make it easy for ourselves.

If we win the next three games, it's very unlikely two other teams (Chelsea, west ham, Liverpool, spurs) both finish with 68 points or more.

I think we can essentially lock up champions league if we win the next 3 games. Anything less and we leave the door open. 

I think 66-68 will be enough, can't see two of Chelsea, West Ham and Liverpool hit 2 pts a game 

When you consider only Liverpool achieved 2pt per game in the last 5 and none of them have done it in the last 10.

Edited by coolhandfox

10 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

If we can get 7 points out the next 3 games we will make it I think. 9 will almost lock it with no threat. We’re getting closer but need 1 last push.

not sure I follow? are we trying to lose?!

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think 69 because 68 might come down to goal difference which Liverpool and Chelsea would likely do us on and West Ham have a favourable run in where the goal difference of ours to theirs could be close if we lose 2-3 of the remaining games. 

• Like 1

What a great week with all our main top 4 rivals dropping points and us getting the job done against West Brom. Our position is looking much stronger now and could be even better by the end of next weekend with at least one of Chelsea & West ham dropping points and Liverpool playing away against Man Utd next Sunday. We should be looking for at least 4 points from the next 2 games. 

If it is between us and one the Scumbag 5 (excluding Arsenal) for top 4, I reckon the Premier League will instruct the Match Officials to give us everything via crap decisions and outrageous VAR calls.  Keep calm.  Get 7 points out of the next three games and we could be nearly there before the games against the ESL triplets.

12 minutes ago, turlo said:

What a great week with all our main top 4 rivals dropping points and us getting the job done against West Brom. Our position is looking much stronger now and could be even better by the end of next weekend with at least one of Chelsea & West ham dropping points and Liverpool playing away against Man Utd next Sunday. We should be looking for at least 4 points from the next 2 games. 

We need 9 from the next 3.

67pts will probably be enough 75% of the time at this stage. Two wins and two draws from our last six gets us there. We need to be as clinical and ruthless against Crystal Palace to keep turning the screws on those below us who covet our current third spot. A win on Monday puts us within striking distance.

Liverpool and Chelsea both have a point expectation 66pts according to the spreads. So that's a 75% chance one of them get 65pts or less. West Ham also can't be discounted and if we have to worry about Tottenham or Everton then either we blew it or they've virtually won all their remaining games.

Two more wins gives us a good chance, three more wins gives us a great chance.

https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/uk-domestic-premier-league/group_a.beec601c-3b39-41fb-9163-0e88fd72558e/premier-league-points-2020-21