Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

Cancelled contracts - my estimated re-sell value lost.

Maddison = 50 million.

Barnes = 60 million

Choudhury = 5 million

Perez = 15 million

Morgan = 0

Legal disputes = 10 million - total wild guess.

Replacements x 4 = 

Maddison = 40

Barnes = 40

Choudhury = 15

Perez = 30

Morgan = N/A

Total = not going to happen. 

27 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I don’t know if this is real but this is off Twitter 

CCE2CF37-386E-4084-9926-89BE3E11B43C.jpeg

Liam Rixon sounds like a fake name Liam Gallagher's given himself when he books stuff.

Edited by Nalis

34 minutes ago, ttfn said:

No, that’s not “basically” it at all! Last season’s capitulation means if we capitulate again this year then we struggle in high-pressure situations, I would have thought that is self-evident?

I think you’re arguing a straw man here. The wins in the middle of the season, consolidating 2nd and 3rd place are fantastic and the players and staff have done incredibly well to get us to this point. All of these games (many of which we’ve won) are high stakes, that’s part of playing in the Premier League. But the season is not decided in August, we see time and again that certain sides fly or fall at the end of the season and that’s largely due to how they handle pressure.

Right now we are coming into the business end of the season again and in those one-off matches we failed last season. Today was worrying in that not only were we poor for a spell, we were absolutely abject, and that was a theme through last season.

We’ve done incredibly well to beat lots of the big 6 this season, and we’ve put ourselves in the mix again. But if you compare to 2015/16 when we had a group of arguably inferior players, they had an incredibly strong mentality which allowed them to grit their teeth and win big games ugly. Even in the Arsenal defeat they held out brilliantly for half an hour before Wasyl’s brain fart. Can you see this lot grinding out the next 5 games 1-0?

Today’s revelations show there is at the very least a small group of players who don’t take their manager’s authority seriously enough.

I do think it’s a completely fair point that Rodgers and his team risk being tarred as under-achievers for what is obviously a very impressive achievement in even being in contention 2 seasons running. Plenty (myself included) would have taken a top 10 finish and a cup run this year so we’ve had a great season whatever happens next. But there is no point in nailing the first 26 miles if you can’t do the last 0.2z

Next Sunday is massive now, if it wasn’t already. Two seasons running in a semi-final as strong favourites, we’ve got to progress.

Viewing it the way you are, essentially means we cannot lose again this season until the top 4 is sewn up otherwise we've lost yet another season defining high pressure game. My argument is, on the back of being guilty of doing that a lot last season both against the top 4, the league Cup semi's and the post lockdown run in but we have bounces back this season and shown some good character on a number of occasions under pressure, of which I have already listed them.

1 minute ago, Danny Clender said:

Cancelled contracts - my estimated re-sell value lost.

Maddison = 50 million.

Barnes = 60 million

Choudhury = 5 million

Perez = 15 million

Morgan = 0

Legal disputes = 10 million - total wild guess.

Replacements x 4 = 

Maddison = 40

Barnes = 40

Choudhury = 15

Perez = 30

Morgan = N/A

Total = not going to happen. 

Cancelling contracts is deluded and never going to happen. They are still assets. We could sell the likes of Maddison and comfortably replace him for the money we’d get, however.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

****ing James Cunningham golfing when he should be watching the game. 

Probably got henpecked by his wife/mother/sister Laura Cunningham to go golfing with her instead of watching the game  lol

Cancel his season ticket I say-  the punishment need to be on par with cancellation of Maddison, Hamza, Barnes, Morgan and Perez's contracts!

Edited by The Blur
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Cancelling contracts is deluded and never going to happen. They are still assets. We could sell the likes of Maddison and comfortably replace him for the money we’d get, however.

Agree... they need to lose a months wages...

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

Rodgers has already said the punishment was missing today’s game. That’s it - it’s over. 

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I think Hamza has basically signed the end of his time here. 

Maddison brings an end to his England hopes.

Perez has ruined a genuine chance to cement a starting spot

Yep; and it might not all be up to BR.

The owners have shown before what importance they put on reputation. Look at the aftermath of the orgy/thai sex thing.

8 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

We do know the facts - an LCFC spokesperson gave a statement which has now been printed in the Telegraph and a number of other media.

Right so you know exactly how the rules were broken and the complete circumstances do you?

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Yep; and it might not all be up to BR.

The owners have shown before what importance they put on reputation. Look at the aftermath of the orgy/thai sex thing.

The racist hooker orgy is going to be hard to top, as was La Manga. Why is it always us?

4 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

I love how Maddison promoted the self-isolation celebration, only to go and fûck the rules when it really mattered. 

I bet the jumped-up little twàt went to the party dressed like a Spice Girl too. Çunt. 

Sorry, that really tickled me. (Apart from your naughty potty mouth ;) )

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

This is absolutely nothing like that incident.

Technically the lads Smith, Hopper and Pearson didn’t break any rules. They were just completely out of order and showed a complete lack of respect. 

Maddison, Perez and Hamza have all showed a complete lack of respect and gone against government rules. 

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

This is absolutely nothing like that incident.

Phew. I thought there might be some negative PR around it, which would be damaging to the club and the brand as well as the indirect impact in terms of possible squad divisions and unrest.

You've put my mind at rest now. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rodgers has already said the punishment was missing today’s game. That’s it - it’s over. 

They are lucky that there aren’t going to be fans in the stadium for their next games 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Viewing it the way you are, essentially means we cannot lose again this season until the top 4 is sewn up otherwise we've lost yet another season defining high pressure game. My argument is, on the back of being guilty of doing that a lot last season both against the top 4, the league Cup semi's and the post lockdown run in but we have bounces back this season and shown some good character on a number of occasions under pressure, of which I have already listed them.

I reckon Brendan would probably agree with you and Roy Keane would agree with me. Not sure how I feel about that! I know what you’re saying and I am sympathetic to it - I think you’re slightly over-simplifying what I’m saying. 

I’m not sure if we lose at home to Palace, for example, it would be a sign of a poor mentality, much as I haven’t pointed to other similar games throughout this season where we’ve lost. You can’t win every game. But equally you can’t fail to be concerned about the absolute poverty of some of the performances we’ve seen in “big games” - you keep mentioning the Liverpool game this season but we were absolutely wretched for 75 minutes in that and were let in by Liverpool’s January-March meltdown.

Today we had a good chance to take a decisive step towards the CL by not only winning ourselves but damaging a rival. The only league game I highlighted in my examples which wasn’t against a rival was Bournemouth and that was because it had truly become “do or die” at that point, as close to a must win game as you can get at that stage of the season.

That Villa semi final has left a huge question mark over this side’s bottle and it hasn’t been successfully answered - a win and a performance against Southampton next week would change a lot in that regard.

2 hours ago, Dames said:

So the reality is them going to a garden party would provide very little risk to anyone at all. 

Sorry, do you know the details? 

The club have decided it isn't acceptable and they have drilled it into the players that they won't accept it. 

Simple as that. 

2 hours ago, bluefox1 said:

Well done you 3 tw.ts . You cost your club,team mates,fans 3 points today.

You don't deserve to play in fa cup semi,fines are short change out of your pockets. :appl::appl::appl:

its disrespectful on West Ham to assume had they played, that we'd of won, none of them will start against Southampton but Perez and Maddison will no doubt be in the squad, as until any transfer window opens, the only way they can repay their mistake is by playing to the best of their ability, an proving they have the desire to make this club succesful.

• Like 1