Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rodgers has already said the punishment was missing today’s game. That’s it - it’s over. 

Absolutely . He answered the questions directly put to him on the subject . Confirmed he made the decision to can them for today’s game and confirmed they will now rejoin the squad and be available for selection for the weekend 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Yep; and it might not all be up to BR.

The owners have shown before what importance they put on reputation. Look at the aftermath of the orgy/thai sex thing.

Not sure all will be sold given the error. But they've definitely all lost a lot of good will and respect from the hierarchy. 

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Absolutely . He answered the questions directly put to him on the subject . Confirmed he made the decision to can them for today’s game and confirmed they will now rejoin the squad and be available for selection for the weekend 

question, if Wes Morgan, who is injured, was at this party, then how is he being punished?

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not a chance our fans would boo them in an FA Cup semi-final. 

wanna bet, we've lived under restrictions for a year without the privilege of playing sport for large chunks of it, they would definitely get booed, not by everyone but by a lot of people

Just now, ttfn said:

I reckon Brendan would probably agree with you and Roy Keane would agree with me. Not sure how I feel about that! I know what you’re saying and I am sympathetic to it - I think you’re slightly over-simplifying what I’m saying. 

I’m not sure if we lose at home to Palace, for example, it would be a sign of a poor mentality, much as I haven’t pointed to other similar games throughout this season where we’ve lost. You can’t win every game. But equally you can’t fail to be concerned about the absolute poverty of some of the performances we’ve seen in “big games” - you keep mentioning the Liverpool game this season but we were absolutely wretched for 75 minutes in that and were let in by Liverpool’s January-March meltdown.

Today we had a good chance to take a decisive step towards the CL by not only winning ourselves but damaging a rival. The only league game I highlighted in my examples which wasn’t against a rival was Bournemouth and that was because it had truly become “do or die” at that point, as close to a must win game as you can get at that stage of the season.

That Villa semi final has left a huge question mark over this side’s bottle and it hasn’t been successfully answered - a win and a performance against Southampton next week would change a lot in that regard.

I'm not completely dismissive of what you say and for a while I was of this exact same view point but on reflection I think it was a bit too narrow minded. I also felt that given how bad the collapse of last season was that to pick themselves up and be in the top 4 again all season whilst beating every one of the big 6 this season is a huge tick in the progression both physically and mentally. I also think there's been some high pressure games in the last couple of months where I really feared for us based on my anxieties of past experience and yet we turned up and delivered.

Today is a massive concern though, I can't pretend it's nothing and that we aren't perhaps throwing this away again but I'm merely pointing out how diffcult/impossible it is not to be viewed as bottle jobs when the margin between success and failure is so fine for a club like ours who do a remarkable job of putting ourselves in the positions we do.

Anyway, still so much to play for and for all me sticking up for them, I fully demand they regroup and make a better fist of this stretch of games. We have to win on Sunday, I now view that as imperative as anything else and the perfect opportunity for us to prove we win big games.

• Like 1

The details of what they actually did to miss this game aren’t that important to me, it’s more that they made a choice to put their own bullshit ahead of the success of Leicester City football club in arguably the biggest game of our season so far. They knew the risks involved.

These aren’t the types of people you want to rely on if you want to achieve something as a team. Their actions show they aren’t dedicated enough, and have a lack of respect for their teammates. Maddison playing golf instead of even showing up to the stadium tells you even more about his personality. Hopefully they will be someone else’s problem after the summer transfer window. 

Slightly different for Barnes, who wasn’t risking his part in this game, albeit still stupid. Morgan... if he was there I’d be shocked, and he should lose the captaincy if he was, a moronic example to set. 

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Sorry, do you know the details? 

The club have decided it isn't acceptable and they have drilled it into the players that they won't accept it. 

Simple as that. 

I think you’re arguing with the wrong person. I fully agree that the club doesn’t accept it and has dealt with it.

What I dont agree with is posters blowing it out of proportion and calling for the players involved to be sacked or worse. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I can assure you it's not true. 

I'm LITERALLY going over the outline of my upcoming wedding that the registrar sent us as we speak and am currently looking at the line "you may now kiss the bride". 

Right I am mistaken but i’m not making it up for the sake of it, its something thats been doing the rounds for a while. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Ok by way of explanation I wasn’t referring to the round of golf I was referring to the party he attended and which BR has just confirmed was in breach of guidelines and considered sufficiently serious to justify being dropped ( which BR admitted was his decision)

The reference “ I was doing it in my own time” is no defence to misconduct . 

Still the drugs as a comparison is a bit of a stretch.

I feel this has been handled proportionately with an eye on the current guidelines but with also the situation we are all in. Its hard to punish someone for something that should never in a million years be illegal, wasn’t illegal just over a year ago and won’t be illegal in a few weeks time. 

I’ve been making the point over and over. The club have dealt with it internally as they should, people are overreacting saying its a sackable offence (Its not) and that if he’s playing golf today thats his prerogative. The club have given him time off, even as punishment, he can do whatever he wants in that time as long as its legal. 

Maddison represents modern football, they only care about money now unless their at a united or city.

bale and his haircut represent modern football

to be honest the thing is a money driven shitshow and their are better ways to spend your money

**** the lot of em

1 hour ago, barnacle said:

Celebrities do this on purpose so that in this case there won't be any city fans annoying them.

That may well be true, but surely in this case, watching your ‘mates’ at home on the box, social media/phone off, isn’t too much to ask is it ? 

24 minutes ago, Dames said:

Right I am mistaken but i’m not making it up for the sake of it, its something thats been doing the rounds for a while. 

To be fair, it might be different in England bit I doubt it as restrictions up here have been tighter throughout. 

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Not sure all will be sold given the error. But they've definitely all lost a lot of good will and respect from the hierarchy. 

I reckon this is the beginning of the end for the 3 of them although Hamza's days were numbered well before this.

It's one thing for it to happen at the start of the season but right before the end of the season with so much at stake is gonna be hard to forgive. They need a top 4 finish or FA Cup final at least to make amends.

We've a history of these scandals and more often than not - Collymore, La Manga, Thailand- it's end game for those involved. Unlike before our fanbase has made huge sacrifices in their lives and this is a bit of an insult to people who have suffered throughout.

What a horrible day this day been. One of the worst ever no two ways about it.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Dames said:

Still the drugs as a comparison is a bit of a stretch.

I feel this has been handled proportionately with an eye on the current guidelines but with also the situation we are all in. Its hard to punish someone for something that should never in a million years be illegal, wasn’t illegal just over a year ago and won’t be illegal in a few weeks time. 

I’ve been making the point over and over. The club have dealt with it internally as they should, people are overreacting saying its a sackable offence (Its not) and that if he’s playing golf today thats his prerogative. The club have given him time off, even as punishment, he can do whatever he wants in that time as long as its legal. 

Agree. The response was proportionate and a line has been drawn . Talk of sacking / cancelling contracts is ridiculous and I would also back BR that he has to show that actions can have consequences .

I didn’t see any reference to playing golf so offer no view either way