Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

Just now, StanSP said:

huh?

I'm confused as to what you want me to say lol 

How would you have dealt with it if you were in the club/Rodgers' position?

I think the matter WAS closed Stan but it might not be now!

15 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Genuinely I’d sell Maddison and Perez. Neither of them are irreplaceable. People still hype Maddison up but he’s flattered to deceive on his potential and he’s reached his peak already for me. He’s not as good as he thinks he is. 

When key workers are putting there lives at risk this little shit seems to be above all of this , been payed thousands a week to kick a football , please anyone defending him and his actions have a sense of perspective.

7 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

7 goals 7 assists first season

6 goals 3 assists last season

8 goals 5 assists this season.

I will concede on the fact he hasn't stood still but he could do a lot better at being more consistent plus most of his goals and assists this season have come in an 8 game run apart from that run he went on he's been average. Rather sell him while the hype is still there and bring in someone with more potential. 

Even first season he did well first 2 months and went missing. He blows hot and cold far too often for a 24 year old.

If you take away all of the times Vardy has scored for Leicester, he has 0 goals. 

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd imagine Rodgers told them to stay away from the ground and training ground till Monday

This I am happy to comment on; I've heard slightly different things, but I BELIEVE that MOST of the players (possibly all uninjured, but possibly NOT all uninjured) have had to report to the ground and train properly, but separately from any other squad, ie not with the academy, not with the first team etc..

What the plans are for next week I don't know but it may be different for different players. From the interviews so far, it sounds to me like he wishes to re-integrate them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

7 goals 7 assists first season

6 goals 3 assists last season

8 goals 5 assists this season.

I will concede on the fact he hasn't stood still but he could do a lot better at being more consistent plus most of his goals and assists this season have come in an 8 game run apart from that run he went on he's been average. Rather sell him while the hype is still there and bring in someone with more potential. 

Even first season he did well first 2 months and went missing. He blows hot and cold far too often for a 24 year old.

Can I have the starts and sub appearances as well please? And Cup games and goals as well.

He has improved this season, scored more important goals too.

Just now, The People's Hero said:

This I am happy to comment on; I've heard slightly different things, but I BELIEVE that MOST of the players (possibly all uninjured, but possibly NOT all uninjured) have had to report to the ground and train properly, but separately from any other squad, ie not with the academy, not with the first team etc..

What the plans are for next week I don't know but it may be different for different players. From the interviews so far, it sounds to me like he wishes to re-integrate them.

I'd like to think in terms of man management he will get this spot on.

Ideally if I was him I'd be having a meeting with the whole squad first thing on Monday, get it sorted and draw a line under it all.

Just now, StanSP said:

huh?

I'm confused as to what you want me to say lol 

How would you have dealt with it if you were in the club/Rodgers' position?

I certainly wouldn't be advising him to 'clear his head' by going to a golf club, as i've said in my last post, if Rodgers or club had said anything remotely like that I think they'd have advised him to us the training ground.

As i've said in another thread the club and Rodgers couldn't really do anymore than they've done and there lies my point that the players can do no wrong because there is no punishment that can really effect him.

There is another point here which is that Maddison's hip is a real concern and has always been a bit suspect, but hasn't really improved in the way they hoped, despite some procedures and being 'managed'.

Other teams are also noticeably targeting his hip (if you can be bothered, go check the last half hour of the Man City game).

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Or a couple minutes away from the city he actually lives in lol rather than mooching over to the other side of leicester! 

Not that it matters but there’s zero chance he got home in time for kick off

Where's he live now then?

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

People are overacting here saying they never want Maddison play for us again lol 

Oh yeah, for definite; he's a brilliant player and if he had gone this season uninjured, I'd expect him to have pretty much leading stats for his position.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was thinking this.

Surely if he wanted to play some golf or whether the club said 'clear his head' or whatever excuses people are making for him, he could have played at the traning ground, you know, the thing we've just spent £100m on, instead of going to a less private/public golf course.

Pretty sure I saw not too long ago that the golf course is still being worked on by the grounds staff

Doubt they would want someone walking around putting holes in it when they are trying to get the surface done

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

There is another point here which is that Maddison's hip is a real concern and has always been a bit suspect, but hasn't really improved in the way they hoped, despite some procedures and being 'managed'.

Other teams are also noticeably targeting his hip (if you can be bothered, go check the last half hour of the Man City game).

Can’t imagine a round of golf is good for a dodgy hip 👀

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'd like to think in terms of man management he will get this spot on.

Ideally if I was him I'd be having a meeting with the whole squad first thing on Monday, get it sorted and draw a line under it all.

Agreed. An extremely honest session is required tomorrow, no holds barred. At the end of it, a video conference call with Susan Whelan and Top, both expressing their extreme disappointment and dismay, and concluding with a call to action by Brendan. The meeting doesn’t finish until everything has been discussed, voices raised, apologies made and accepted.

An extraordinarily difficult situation, but if we can mange it well, we can emerge stronger from I hope

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It’s a shame we don’t have a golf course at the training ground he could have used instead.

It's only 9 holes.  Had to play his front nine at another club.

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

**** me who is this detective 

Big Caddy?

Edited by KingsX

1 minute ago, Blue-fox said:

Can’t imagine a round of golf is good for a dodgy hip 👀

I have often wondered what the club would think of either Maddison or Vardy playing golf for this reason.

I have never really taken any notice of whether either played, but I suppose we now have our answer.

FWIW I would agree with you that its not ideal. Maybe its more an 'impact' sort of weakness though?

I'm almost past caring.

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

South Nottingham

Seagrave is a lot closer to south Nottingham than Kilworth. 

Edit - if he does live South Notts he would drive past Seagrave to get to Kilworth lol 

17 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

LCFC Miscellaneous posted two tweets - one saying that Maddison played 9 holes of golf and the other 18 holes..:whistle:

He also tweeted that he didn’t know and that photo was not from today 

I owe wes half an apology - it was ayo’s house .....

• Like 2

Just now, Bert said:

Seagrave is a lot closer to south Nottingham than Kilworth. 

I know mate that was my point lol 

He also lives over the road from a pretty nice course 

Don't get me wrong here fellas I'm fuming at these guys, they know the scrutiny they are under and should have waited ... However we are having a go at 5 blokes who are fit as fiddles and at no risk at all  having a drink together, the fact that alone it is illegal is bat shit crazy and so many people in here sitting on there fvcking high horse condemning them, get a grip.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1