Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison this season has been excellent, he's as good as anything in the league in that position but I'm fuming with the little pecker.

Let’s be honest Ric, he had a purple patch before he got injured....again. He didn’t look great, at all, at the beginning of the season and it took him ages to regain his sharpness before he had that hot streak.

He doesn’t look after himself properly and there’s a link between cutting corners on being an elite athlete and regular injuries/struggling to get fitness back after injury. 

He’s a good player but he’s not the be all and end all for the team. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

So I wasn’t missing the point then?

Like I said originally, people are overreacting, there is calls for them be sacked or sold. It’s silly, let the club deal with it.

yes you were because you were banging on about letting the club deal with it ( still are!). and, just to be clearer, it’s not about the indiscipline, it’s about the consequences of that and how it’s going to effect us. The club are going to deal with it all they like but the fact remains their actions have potentially cost us points and dressing room harmony at a critical stage of the season.

• Like 2

I dont care if Madders has gone to play golf. To show some empathy I bet his head was all over the place today. Embarrassment and being absolutely gutted being the top two feelings.

If that's helped him clear his mind then fair play. I'm sure he would have been back home watching the game. I csnt imagine how he felt if he was watching it. Same with the other 2 lads 

• Like 1

I don’t think people realise how much this could have jeopardised the club at a crucial stage of the season. If one of them had got covid and brought it into the squad, you have the potential for multiple first team players being unavailable for a major semi final and a fair chunk of the last 8 games of the season. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison hasn't stood still. His goals and assists this season have been up there with the top band of players in the PL in his position. Last season he bombed massively but this year he has been quality. 

7 goals 7 assists first season

6 goals 3 assists last season

8 goals 5 assists this season.

I will concede on the fact he hasn't stood still but he could do a lot better at being more consistent plus most of his goals and assists this season have come in an 8 game run apart from that run he went on he's been average. Rather sell him while the hype is still there and bring in someone with more potential. 

Even first season he did well first 2 months and went missing. He blows hot and cold far too often for a 24 year old.

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MPH said:

yes you were because you were banging on about letting the club deal with it ( still are!). and, just to be clearer, it’s not about the indiscipline, it’s about the consequences of that and how it’s going to effect us. The club are going to deal with it all they like but the fact remains their actions have potentially cost us points and dressing room harmony at a critical stage of the season.

How do you think us carrying on like this will effect the harmony, fans calling for silly disciplinary methods without the full knowledge of what went on?

The club I presume know the full facts and will take appropriate action, calling for frankly preposterous punishments is daft.

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Let’s be honest Ric, he had a purple patch before he got injured....again. He didn’t look great, at all, at the beginning of the season and it took him ages to regain his sharpness before he had that hot streak.

He doesn’t look after himself properly and there’s a link between cutting corners on being an elite athlete and regular injuries/struggling to get fitness back after injury. 

He’s a good player but he’s not the be all and end all for the team. 

From November to February he was superb, is that any different from Grealish being immense from October to Xmas? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I've also heard he doesn't replace his divots or repair his pitchmarks.

I have it on good authority that rather than rake the bunkers he frequently takes a sh*t in them

Edited by Houdini Logic
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

'And whenever you fancy a game off again pull another stunt like this'

What example would that set? Come on Stan I know we're not privy to all the information but surely you're not that naive!

100% was not given the weekend off to flaunt and stick two fingers up......springs maybe covering up for him as he was playing at kick off ....Stan is being naive......

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Let me know if we’ve reached “hanging’s too good for them” territory, yet. 

Crucifixion is too good for him

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It’s a shame we don’t have a golf course at the training ground he could have used instead.

It's not open until Top plays the first game there, he's still stuck in Thailand

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

'And whenever you fancy a game off again pull another stunt like this'

What example would that set? Come on Stan I know we're not privy to all the information but surely you're not that naive!

huh?

I'm confused as to what you want me to say lol 

How would you have dealt with it if you were in the club/Rodgers' position?

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It’s a shame we don’t have a golf course at the training ground he could have used instead.

I was thinking this.

Surely if he wanted to play some golf or whether the club said 'clear his head' or whatever excuses people are making for him, he could have played at the traning ground, you know, the thing we've just spent £100m on, instead of going to a less private/public golf course.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Or a couple minutes away from the city he actually lives in lol rather than mooching over to the other side of leicester! 

Not that it matters but there’s zero chance he got home in time for kick off