Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Southgate stay or go

Southgate Stay or Go?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Southgate stay or go

• Stay
    • Go
    • Not sure
    • Stay... unless Conte wants the job

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'm not necessarily 'Go' but I wouldn't mind seeing Eddie Howe given a crack of the whip. Chris Wilder would also do well as an England manager I think

Other Englishmen who would be worth considering although not necessarily an upgrade: Sean Dyche, Chris Hughton, Steve Bruce, Frank Lampard.

If we are talking foreign managers too, then you'd be looking at somebody like Julen Lopetegui, who already managed Spain, trying to tempt Simeone from Atletico, not impossible, or how about Unai Emery?

Feel free to shoot those all down :D

There are pros and cons to any managerial option, I was just curious as to the general consensus on alternatives.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I'm not necessarily 'Go' but I wouldn't mind seeing Eddie Howe given a crack of the whip. Chris Wilder would also do well as an England manager I think

Other Englishmen who would be worth considering although not necessarily an upgrade: Sean Dyche, Chris Hughton, Steve Bruce, Frank Lampard.

If we are talking foreign managers too, then you'd be looking at somebody like Julen Lopetegui, who already managed Spain, trying to tempt Simeone from Atletico, not impossible, or how about Unai Emery?

Possibly Howe or Lampard ......... one day.

None of the others

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

It's like Rodgers all over again. First ever FA Cup win, not good enough, now making a final for the first time in 55 years is bad too? Some people.

"Bottler... fraud...coward... tactically inept... found his level... won't get a bigger job... we need to aim higher"

You're not suggesting some football fans are never happy are you? lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

It's like Rodgers all over again. First ever FA Cup win, not good enough, now making a final for the first time in 55 years is bad too? Some people.

Disrespect to Rodgers imo 

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

From a stability and learning point of view, it reminds me a tad of Pearson and getting out of the PL. It took three years and a near miss after the second season to learn and develop 

He reached the semis of the World cup and the finals of the Euros because of easy draws. He’s played boring football, wasted our attacking talent, played for penalties, messed them up when he’s got them and needlessly scarred a player.

We’re doing a Belgium: letting a manager waste our golden generation, except at least Belgium actually play their decent players. Southgate will stay for two more tournaments, at least, as punishment for us having easy draws.

I can’t wait to watch Barnes on the England bench be called up for a penalty kick after spending zero minutes playing football.

• Like 1

Seems like he need an assistant, who can convince him to let go at times.

But he has managed to create an extremely strong team bond and unity, and his pragmatic approach to football has got you very close to the big prizes. Also handles media and pressure very well. 

I absolutely detest the negative first attitude, but he has obviously got the group behind him. The world cup is so close, we might as well give him that and see what happens. He's got to open up a bit though, his game management in the final was shambolic. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I know football is ultimately about winning, but Simeone lol That's a guaranteed way to make the England team even more disliked elsewhere, if that's possible.

Can't imagine his countrymen would cope with that decision much either...

If he won every tournament, most England fans would accept him, but if he didn't, can you imagine the reaction? Carnage.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I absolutely detest the negative first attitude, but he has obviously got the group behind him. The world up is so close, we might as well give him that and see what happens. He's got to open up a bit though, his game management in the final was shambolic. 

I don't think you can just turn that on. Mancini managed 700 top division games and has the confidence to make in game decisions. Our problem is the only English managers who have that sort of experience are dinosaurs and Southgate only got the gig because two of them were binned within a couple of months of eachother.

12 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

He probably needs a good assistant manager by his side, to help give him advice etc... not sure if Arry fancies one last short stint. 

Hes got a whole Coaching team,& Advisors costing also alot of money...If they cant inspire then employing Another Soul to Blame wont cut it either...

Hes young, doesn't Run away or Hide from his mistakes...

I am Content that He s Now also been given the World-cup,lets see injuries allowing,if he can introduce a more attacking spirit in his Team selection...

There will also be new players Knocking on the door, though I want to See the likes of Grealish,Saka,Sancho, a fit Rashford, Bellingham, & D.C.Lewin,

given decent game time.  We know what Sterling & Kane can bring,Now lets see Southgate put himself & Team on the frontfoot...

Dare I suggest he should Select for the ,  Next game..."the 3 Penalty takers"...Sancho,Saka & Rashford, remotivation,Trust and chance of immediate response..

All 3 are Good enough..!

oh..and God forbid...I Dont want Another Foreign manager..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I don't think you can just turn that on. Mancini managed 700 top division games and has the confidence to make in game decisions. Our problem is the only English managers who have that sort of experience are dinosaurs and Southgate only got the gig because two of them were binned within a couple of months of eachother.

I don’t agree tbh

Southgate has had a lot of time now as the England manager and has had time to be able to learn how to adjust his tactics accordingly.

In the final, we just reverted to type. Defensive, sitting in, and boring 

I believe the stats were that neither Kane, nor Raheem, nor Mount had a single shot on target between them in 120 minutes of football.

Mancini changed things up whilst Gareth waited and hoped that they wouldn’t score.

Thats just not good enough and he has to change this or we won’t win anything when we play a team who CAN do this

Southgate’s whole management of the final was appalling 

• Like 1