Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

UK to bake in 33C amid extreme heat warning

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Anyone work outdoors? What are your plans for tomorrow and Tuesday? I don’t like taking time off when the weathers good but is this too much, supposedly hitting 27° and 30° by 10am with feel like temperatures hitting 30°+ and then increasing through the day. 

I'll be delivering for Amazon tomorrow. 

Absolutely dreading it.

It's been declared a national emergency and Amazon haven't had any communication with their drivers about it.

One guy gets caught having shit behind his van in lockdown and we all get an email within an hour lol

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Unabomber said:

How do birds cope in the heat (the flying kind)? They can’t be kept inside like domestic animals. And sheep come to think of it. 

They already spend most of their time closer to the sun, so they're used to it.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'll be delivering for Amazon tomorrow. 

Absolutely dreading it.

It's been declared a national emergency and Amazon haven't had any communication with their drivers about it.

One guy gets caught having shit behind his van in lockdown and we all get an email within an hour lol

Maybe his shit had the potential to affect the whole Amazon fleet of drivers?

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

There's not a chance the temperature jumps by 10 degrees tomorrow from where it has been today.  The humidity isn't there either.  Media overplaying it as per usual.  

Probably will - it’s a very dry airmass and the solar input can expend I’ll it’s energy heating the air rather than drying it out aswell. 

the temps at 5000 feet were 15c this afternoon. Tomorrow afternoon will be 21c and a little higher on Tuesday morning. That provides at least 6c addition without anything else being factored in tomorrow. 

Leicester is in the broad area likeliest to reach 40c over the next couple days - Tuesday early afternoon likely to be the hottest period. 

34 minutes ago, Parafox said:

1976 was an exception in that there were 15 consecutive days of temps of 32 degrees Celsius, days with relentless sun with no cloud or rain. The ground was cracking and crops were failing. This "heatwave" is set to last until Wednesday. 3-4 days. :dunno:

Sure we need to be aware and forewarned and it won't be pleasant. But in context, its 3 days not 2 weeks.

Downplaying a record setting heatwave, even for three or four days. I thought you were a paramedic? Thought better of you tbh

Deaths and severe illness due to sun/heatstroke don't matter because it's only three days. Fantastic stuff.

11 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Downplaying a record setting heatwave, even for three or four days. I thought you were a paramedic? Thought better of you tbh

Deaths and severe illness due to sun/heatstroke don't matter because it's only three days. Fantastic stuff.

To be fair you've come in crying about people talking about 2 weeks of 30+ weather and making out its nothing compared to a couple of days. 

All hes done is point out that 3 days isn't as brutal as a fortnight 

Really weird thing to get irate about anywhere, never mind a footie forum lol

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lionator said:

Not a specific dig at you, but more these general points. Where have they got us? 

I think you'll realise over the next few days that our culture is simply not cut out for these temperatures. The big issue actually is that the NHS is on its knees, try getting an ambulance at the moment. Unless you're in cardiac arrest, it'll probably be over an hour. Once you get older people dehydrating en masse then it's a recipe for disaster.

Climate change is real, it's not a temporary, anti-freedom thing like covid supposedly was, it will lead to massive wars as more places become uninhabitable, destruction of eco-systems and the demise of humanity (although I highly doubt extinction). 

Fuchs sake what have I just read

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The beast from the east is weather related, double entendre referring to putin, and Ukraine rhymes with rain 

I was also trying to compare the hardship we may endure over the next couple of days with the hardship that Ukraine has had to endure over the last 5 months, with Putin's missiles raining down on them daily. The beast from the east was originally that bitterly cold spell early last year, but now he fits the same description. 

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Where did he say any of that lol

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

There's not a chance the temperature jumps by 10 degrees tomorrow from where it has been today.  The humidity isn't there either.  Media overplaying it as per usual.  

Yeah. The actual Meteorological office are renowned for lying about the weather.

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I'm an arriva willy puller and know that the Journey in and out of work will be hell. Buses either don't have aircon or the drivers are just too tight to use it.

Same in the winter, drivers never put the heating on. 

Buses have Aircon?

22 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I'm an arriva willy puller and know that the Journey in and out of work will be hell. Buses either don't have aircon or the drivers are just too tight to use it.

Same in the winter, drivers never put the heating on. 

The heaters are always on in winter. But you’re right, they don’t have aircon on Arriva.