Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

QPR ..3pm

Wasn’t aware of Soumare before we signed him and I appreciate its preseason and settling in but I’m failing to see what sort of player he is despite watching him in 3 lots of 45 mins, he doesn’t seem to run or tackle, the only player I can think of as comparison is Ndombele at Spurs

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

People on here need to understand critiquing a player is not scapegoating. 

Context is key though.

Was Perez great? No.

Was everybody else? No

Was Vardy just as cack? Yes

Is it Perez’s first game back? Yes

Therefore, I would suggest it is, at least in part, scapegoating 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I’m sorry but I just don’t think that’s true is it? I think our attackers are better than the ones at those three clubs.

We rely on Barnes being fit, without him our best two formations don’t work. If he’s out we’ve got no backup or right winger who can contribute goals and assists and no in form Vardy to save us now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John rayner said:

Good point ,you can see a difference from wednesday night ,still what concerns me is that there is so many fans on here with negative comments ,Support your club and get behind the lads ffs

Some people just enjoy being miserable. There was probably melt down on here when Perez gave the FA cup trophy away for someone else to hold. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Everton, West ham and Villa all big competitors for us and all have far more attacking quality at their disposal. This season could be a real wake up call 

Not really true is it though

Also their overall squad depths are crap compared to ours now

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

People on here need to understand critiquing a player is not scapegoating. 

This. We've seen two seasons of Perez now. Long enough to make up our minds. I even try to actively not be harsh on him when watching but I very very rarely finish the game thinking he put in a good performance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Ah yeah, he's told to give the ball away whenever he gets the ball. Genius move by Rodgers to use him like that.

How boring. If he is that bad why does Brendan play him? I’m not saying I’m. Perez fan but I am a Leicester fan and that includes supporting the players when they aren’t doing the job as good as others. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Context is key though.

Was Perez great? No.

Was everybody else? No

Was Vardy just as cack? Yes

Is it Perez’s first game back? Yes

Therefore, I would suggest it is, at least in part, scapegoating 

He has the played the same since he’s been here though? E.g Gets the ball falls over, bad touch or a bad pass 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Never really that fussed about pre season friendlies, they are all about fitness, but I'll admit that I'm beginning to hear the distant ringing of alarm bells.

I'd be more concern if it was a normal pre-season, due to the Euro every PL team is disrupted with regards to preparation. 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Actually think we've looked sharp and played some decent football but the end product is severely lacking and it is a concern I've raised. We need to create more.

Said this since Mahrez left, literally no flair. Hard to replace someone of that quality, but feels like unless we score the perfect coaches goal, then anything else is a failure. 

Just now, kingfox said:

He’d do a far better job on the RW than your best mate Perez :thumbup:

But it does mean that you might need to let Gary of his furry S&M leash for a bit . :rolleyes:

Just now, chapero82 said:

He has the played the same since he’s been here though? E.g Gets the ball falls over, bad touch or a bad pass 

The pundits have got nowt on you. lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Mark said:

We rely on Barnes being fit, without him our best two formations don’t work. If he’s out we’ve got no backup nor right winger who can contribute goals or assists and no in form Vardy to save us now.

The same could be said for the other three mentioned. Everton without DCL, Villa without grealish (probably gone anyway) and West Ham just don’t have much attacking talent anyway. I think Vardy, Daka, Iheanacho, Barnes and Maddison have more attacking talent and can produce more that the players at West Ham, Everton and Villa.

Only positive things from that are that Ricardo looks sharper and Soumaré seems tidy enough.

Obviously Perez needs upgrading as the RW option. Vardy and Soyuncu continue to be my main worries going into the season. Would like to see Daka get some time with our best players on the pitch in pre season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not really true is it though

Also their overall squad depths are crap compared to ours now

Was speaking to a West Ham fan in my golf comp today funnily enough. To say he was envious of our business would be an understatement. Also made a point of having zero back up to Rice or Antonio, and they're fvcked if either get an injury.