Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

QPR ..3pm

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

We rely on Barnes being fit, without him our best two formations don’t work. If he’s out we’ve got no backup or right winger who can contribute goals and assists and no in form Vardy to save us now.

True for most teams outside of the top 4, especially those 3 mentioned

Everton - Any injury to either DCL or Richarlison and they are screwed, 0 quality depth for their whole squad at this point other than centre back

West Ham - Antonio is massively injury prone and they haven't been able to resign Lingard who massively carried them last season from January, only back up midfielder they have if Soucek or Rice get injured is Mark Noble

Villa - Grealish is leaving, no good depth past Watkins at striker, no real back up at centre back

15 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I dont think Perez can be called out any more than any one on that pitch apart from maybe Fofana and Pereira  who have looked quite sharp.

So far we have looked extremely clumsy and lathargic.

Hopefully we get our act together ready for next Saturday and the season that follows. They are the only matches that matter.

Manchester United lost to these, but they won't be in a relegation battle. Its frustrating, but I'd take pre season with a pinch of salt.

Neither will we (be in a relegation battle)!!

2 minutes ago, Mark said:

The problem for me is apart from Barnes they are all central so our best way of playing 4141/4231/433 requires two wide forwards.

Yeah I get that and I’m not saying we are perfect. Definitely could do with a right winger. Just that I think our attacking talent is better than that of West Ham, villa and Everton. I think Villa get close with grealish but without grealish they are far behind. West Ham are not even close. They are a good side but going forwards isn’t their strongest attribute. Similar with Everton. 

12 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Wasn’t aware of Soumare before we signed him and I appreciate its preseason and settling in but I’m failing to see what sort of player he is despite watching him in 3 lots of 45 mins, he doesn’t seem to run or tackle, the only player I can think of as comparison is Ndombele at Spurs

Soumare had a good first half ,you must be watching a different game .