Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

26 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Am I the only one who thinks he did alright?

His passing looked good few crucial blocks and a couple good tackles.

Yes a couple of missed headers but look, the guy hasn't had a preseason I think he literally had 1 Training session since the euros and litterally subbed onto a game where we was on the back foot 24hrs later.

Didn't concede a goal while he was playing so in my eyes that's just as good as a striker getting a goal on his debut.

thought he did well apart from the missed header

8 minutes ago, Micky said:

Criticism of Vestergaard after 30 minutes is completely ridiculous. He came.on when we were under the cosh and we were carrying a number of players whose legs had gone. The guy did fine. He showed in one or two touches that he is a class ball playing centre back and far better than Amartey (who nearly cost us two goals). 

Typical to be honest. Judge him after 10-15 games, not minutes. The guy is decent. Give him time. 

I'm certainly not going to judge him on a tough 30 minutes on his debut after no pre season. On this one performance he did look suspect aerially, but he was plonked in the middle of a complete makeshift back 3 nobody would ever expect, let alone a guy who's probably still learning his team mates names, and his lack of comfort and confidence in his role probably played a role in that. What I will say though is despite a couple of shaky moments, he seemed driven and committed to atone for any mistakes and made a couple of great blocks putting his body on the line. I'll read alot more into his attitude and commitment on debut than any technical performance today, and I can't really fault him there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

People don’t want to hear it but until Brendan conquers his fear he won’t get to the next level and nor will we. 

Any half decent team would have battered us 2nd half with the decision to sit back. We had the players on the bench to worry Wolves. Instead Brendan pressed the ‘Hold On’ button. 

He IS a good manager, but he could be a GREAT manager IF he conquers his fears. 

I'd love to see you do a better job, considering you obviously know exactly what he needs to get even better?

Clown. 

Edited by Adster
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

I’m the first to jump on someone’s case if they’re playing poor but he didn’t do nothing wrong today ? All I can think of was the 50/50 with traore where he got flatten. Thought he made some really good passes and looked quite good with the ball. 

He did fine. He slightly mistimed one header but people are seeing what they want to see, presumably so they can say 'I told you so'.

I've got reservations about this signing but some of the comments in the match thread were an embarrassment.

People don’t want to hear it but until Brendan conquers his fear he won’t get to the next level and nor will we. 

Any half decent team would have battered us 2nd half with the decision to sit back. We had the players on the bench to worry Wolves. Instead Brendan pressed the ‘Hold On’ button. 

Don't know why you're being laughed at and criticised because I couldn't agree more.

If you're 1-0 up and on paper the better side, put them to the sword and look to get a second goal. If he thinks we are a top class side then he really does not need to be changing shape to be dealing with a bang average mid-table side who we dominated in the first half.

The subs were bizarre. To change from a 4 to a 3atb mid-game is inexplicable, to take off two attacking players and put your best winger up front in the process is even more mind numbing.

Vestergaard was alright in the circumstances but he did not need to be thrown in like that, and we didn't need to invite the pressure we did. His positioning for some crosses was shaky but that is only because he'd been thrown in alongside two players he'd never played with before, and Söyüncü/Amartey suddenly had new tasks in terms of who they were picking up.

We will drop points this season if we continue with this attitude. Perhaps the idea was that we couldn't stick to the first half intensity because they're not fit enough, I don't know. We have got the technical quality to be putting these crap teams to bed, I do wish Rodgers would back them to show it.

• Like 1

Are you being serious? I assume not so I’ll give you credit for a pretty good troll

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Don't know why you're being laughed at and criticised because I couldn't agree more.

If you're 1-0 up and on paper the better side, put them to the sword and look to get a second goal. If he thinks we are a top class side then he really does not need to be changing shape to be dealing with a bang average mid-table side who we dominated in the first half.

The subs were bizarre. To change from a 4 to a 3atb mid-game is inexplicable, to take off two attacking players and put your best winger up front in the process is even more mind numbing.

Vestergaard was alright in the circumstances but he did not need to be thrown in like that, and we didn't need to invite the pressure we did. His positioning for some crosses was shaky but that is only because he'd been thrown in alongside two players he'd never played with before, and Söyüncü/Amartey suddenly had new tasks in terms of who they were picking up.

We will drop points this season if we continue with this attitude. Perhaps the idea was that we couldn't stick to the first half intensity because they're not fit enough, I don't know. We have got the technical quality to be putting these crap teams to bed, I do wish Rodgers would back them to show it.

Maybe because football isn't played on paper?

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I noticed today that Soumare played with his back to their goal for 99% of the time. Really odd looking lol love him though.

I would be worried if he didn't have his back to our goal, and was looking towards it all the time

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Strange, the subs seemed obvious too me. There were issues in defence, but Cags was good so stayed on, removing Dan and replacing with Jannick was risky due to his recent arrival, therefore the only way to achieve solidity was to have the three, no?  :dunno: