Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He was only involved in our 9-0.

May be slow yet Cags is dribbled past the same amount per game, as well Vestergaard being responsible for 0 errors leading to goals

Well that's gone and put the mockers on it, hasn't it? lol

9 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Has anyone done the “Ooo Danish Friends” hacky old joke yet? It’s really funny, hope everyone keeps repeating it more and more. 

What about the 'I like a couple of danishes' one?

oohdanish.jpg

Edited by drumbeat

Haven’t read the thread but is anyone crying about his lack of pace? Who cares if so, not like Evans is fast is it. He should work well with Soyuncu who is fast as **** himself. Might not be the best cb we could’ve signed but I’m happy we got this sorted before the season.

• Like 1

This is great and injects some of that hope back into the season after Fafana's awful injury. I also think he's a good balance for when Fafana does return. Really clever signing. Not sure whether he should play tomorrow, has he had any time with the team in training? 

If you have the Athletic, there’s an analysis of Jannik’s play with his own input:  https://theathletic.com/2329997/2021/01/22/vestergaard-interview-southampton-hasenhuttl

He paints himself as a Maguire-like player.  Former mid, good on the ball (and thinks highly of his own ability in that regard).  Prolific with the long diagonal out ball.  If we can release Ricardo early, it will be second nature for Jannik to hit him deep and in stride.  That may help make up for our shortcomings on the right wing.

He’s also got the turning rate / recovery speed of Maguire.  But it seems he’s good, not great in aerial duels.  You just can’t get away with takedowns in the box if you’re not wearing a United shirt -- or if you’re 6’6”.

Probably the end of Tarkowski’s Leicester Dream.  Poor guy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Not to be a Debbie downer but Vestergaard is slow, gets easily turned and has been part of two 9-0s, goes to sleep and loses concentration in crucial moments. I know he's only a back up so I'm OK with this but don't expect a lot from him. 

That's the spirit

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Not to be a Debbie downer but Vestergaard is slow, gets easily turned and has been part of two 9-0s, goes to sleep and loses concentration in crucial moments. I know he's only a back up so I'm OK with this but don't expect a lot from him. 

Well he only played in one 9 nil so maybe your not as much of an expert on his style of play and limitations as you think you are...

Either way we've been after him a while and I trust the recruitment team and brendan more than I do you. 

Great signing, up the city.