Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Croatia Vs Argentina - Tuesday 13th September - 19:00

10 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

How any England football supporter wants Argentina to win the world cup is absolutely baffling. Maradona, Simeone, their players spitting antics after 2002 win. Plus all the cheating since, vile team

I was in a pub where more people cheered for Argentina than the Netherlands in the penalty shoot out. I was a bit baffled.

23 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Hope Argentina don't advance..

_127964459_hi080939881.jpg

I’m all for this, the Dutch were being shithouses (both teams were, but I do think it was a deliberate ploy by Netherlands to try wind up certain players) and you reap what you sew when you lose doing that. 

• Like 3

Don't totally understand the hatred of some for Argentina - fascinating country with a historic chip on its shoulder about its location in South America (they think they should be in Europe). Play like that as well but with some wonderful skill - I get they don't go out of their way to make friends but so what. A lot more to like about them than some of the generic and in some cases downright near fascist European countries. If it wasn't for Modric I'd be deeply unhappy supporting some of the views expressed by the nation of Croatia and members of their national team. 

4 minutes ago, Balj said:

Don't totally understand the hatred of some for Argentina - fascinating country with a historic chip on its shoulder about its location in South America (they think they should be in Europe). Play like that as well but with some wonderful skill - I get they don't go out of their way to make friends but so what. A lot more to like about them than some of the generic and in some cases downright near fascist European countries. If it wasn't for Modric I'd be deeply unhappy supporting some of the views expressed by the nation of Croatia and members of their national team. 

I guess it all comes down to the Falklands, Maradona and their pathetic theatrics the other night. Although only the last there puts me off them! 

1 minute ago, Balj said:

Probably a lot to do with a war some 40 years ago, the intricacies of that war and a general obtuse attitude in general from many Argentinians. People who deal with Argies on a regular basis will likely agree with the latter opinion. 

Anyway, the manager in the blue suit needs to put a bib on! 

11 minutes ago, Balj said:

About 50% of the population have native American blood so Europe , I don't think so. Yes it is true though that Croatian history is pretty obnoxious . The Ustase and Pavolic for instance but that was then and we must give them the benefit of the doubt now.