Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

17 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Yeah, let's hope it's precautionary and means he's back earlier with the squad. 

If he's fit, wonder who he plays alongside? Faes reportedly had an excellent game for Belgium, but both Souttar and Faes have played their best games with Amartey rather than alongside each other. 

Perhaps abandoning the high line with help the Faes/Souttar partnership, along with Iversen in goal? 

I think the latter is worth a try rather than just continual rinse and repeat. We have ample players to try another way, it's just whether they've had such a single system drilled into them they can adapt. 

He’s so so slow. Just watching the first goal back and he gets left for dead by absolutely everyone, both Villa and Leicester players once Watkins breaks the line. I’m just not convinced he’s ever going to have the attributes to be good enough at this level. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Still can't fathom how he missed the header. 

Free header, barely 6 yards out, and hits the post. Like Amartey against Chelsea, have to be burying those opportunities. 

Possibly lost sight of the ball in the stadium lights?

Can't think of any other reason, unless of course he just mis-timed it? :dunno:

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Still can't fathom how he missed the header. 

Free header, barely 6 yards out, and hits the post. Like Amartey against Chelsea, have to be burying those opportunities. 

One thing we've actually missed from Maguire. Scored a few for us at the back post

10 minutes ago, TK95 said:

One thing we've actually missed from Maguire. Scored a few for us at the back post

We had it with Huth and Morgan too. Both were very capable of popping up with a headed goal. Last night’s miss was shocking really, given the importance of the game. Score that, I think we’d have gone on to probably win the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I'm not convinced, he just screams lower league.

Agreed.

I don't rate him or Faes but Faes did play okay yesterday.

The fact Souttar didn't even get his header on target was embarrassing.

He isn’t our biggest issue but as I’ve said (without being that guy) multiple times he needs an athletic CB partner or we need to ditch the high line.

Weird as at times it looks like he covers the ground at an ok rate but other times it looks like he has lead in his boots.

These sitters though 🤯🤬

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

He’s so so slow. Just watching the first goal back and he gets left for dead by absolutely everyone, both Villa and Leicester players once Watkins breaks the line. I’m just not convinced he’s ever going to have the attributes to be good enough at this level. 

What you are saying then is he is a Vestergaad clone.  Sorry but we can't keep signing CBs with the hope that one will be John Terry. He is ours and probably for the long term so we had better get used to it.

I think the reality is we have been spoilt when some of our CBs over the years.

Huth

Morgan

Evans 

Slabhead

Soyuncu at his best for 18months 

Fofana 

Now we are in a transition period, with 2 that are a bit slow and this stage and bit suspect. This could be down to confidence and being on the losing side most weeks.

Moving foward I think we need a fast CB to play alongside either one.

On 01/04/2023 at 17:00, Col city fan said:

Watching the stream today and it was clear Souttar was fooked after about 60/70 mins. He was tugging shirts and fouling for fun. 
He got nowhere near Mteta for their winner.

Big lump. Good in the air, but too slow and it’s cost us.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed.

I don't rate him or Faes but Faes did play okay yesterday.

The fact Souttar didn't even get his header on target was embarrassing.

Again, missed a sitter away at Southampton as well 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think we could have done with bringing Souttar on to shore it up for the last 15 mins or so, especially if we're looking for goals form set pieces. 

A glaring issues still seems to be our complete lack of threat from attacking set pieces and how vulnerable we looked defending them. They had two last minute guilt edge chances where Iverson took one in the face and Bamford fluffed it the corner straight after. 

Soyuncu definitely has done well since he came in but I remember us being the pits at defending them just before he lost his place - do you remember how comically bad it got? Faes doesn't seem to much better at defending them either. 

I do wonder if these two are the best pairing as they are so similar, both quite aggressive and go for a wander from time to time. 

I think I'd like to see Souttar Soyuncu next game just to have a little more of an aerial presence. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 3

Hadnt been on this thread in a while, didnt realise so many people had written him off already. 

I personally think hes going to be a great signing for us. Fixing the systamatic issues in our defending will take time. I honestly think hes just another victim of it. I personally think every single one of the, are all better than they have shown recently. 

You cant be judging a cb on missed chances... there will always be some and its not his primary job. Whats more important is that hes getting on the end of things... and tbh his last act for us was winning one and creating a tap in for nacho. 

As a cb myself, I know how easy it is to miss a header in an instant. Its not always going to work out but whats funny is that had both of his big chances gone in... despite them being relatively easy chances, the same people writing him off now would be on here talking about how good he is. 

• Like 4