Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

Can anyone tell me why he hasn’t been starting? I genuinely don’t think there is anything wrong with him as a player he’s solid. Yeah, not the quickest but I don’t think that weakness is exploited too often and he offers such a huge aerial threat. Will be big for us next season whatever division we’re in.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Can anyone tell me why he hasn’t been starting? I genuinely don’t think there is anything wrong with him as a player he’s solid. Yeah, not the quickest but I don’t think that weakness is exploited too often and he offers such a huge aerial threat. Will be big for us next season whatever division we’re in.

Faes and Souttar will be decent in the Championship but no way a Premiership pairing.

• 2 months later...
Just now, eblair said:

Why do no managers rate him?

rodgers, smith and now marseca seems to not fancy

Always looks pretty good to me especially compre to other clowns we have at CB

Always looked pretty crap and slow to me and didn’t improve our defence when he came in. Looked like a very old fashioned centre back who only works in a deep defensive side who have little of the ball. I’m not sure why so many fans are desperate to see him in the side as if he’s the answer. Felt like a desperate signing at the time and still does.

• Like 2

My first impressions have always been that I don't rate him based on his appearance and gangly frame, totally prejudiced and irrational I know but there you are.

What a complete shambolic failure the Jan recruitment has proven to be, so far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Always looked pretty crap and slow to me and didn’t improve our defence when he came in. Looked like a very old fashioned centre back who only works in a deep defensive side who have little of the ball. I’m not sure why so many fans are desperate to see him in the side as if he’s the answer. Felt like a desperate signing at the time and still does.

Agreed, decent player but never understood the hype around him.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

MOTM vs Brentford and Newcastle. I really like him but it's clear the club don't rate him or Kristiansen, which is very bizarre.

You would defo be worried if you were those lads about lack of game time, unless they are injured.

you can’t force a manager to like a player, that i understand… but rate them or not, pre-season should be a fair crack for everyone. Both him and kristiansen have barely had a kick which doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. 

We used to at least have a couple of separate 11 friendlies to make sure everyone gets minutes… going into this season the pair of them barely have 90 mins of prep in their legs 

Souttar was not the problem in our defense, our battles were lost in midfield, we had what looked like an unfit demoralised team, our full backs would come inside when defending and concede the space to the wingers.

Not playing Souttar was a mistake for Smith, like playing Ndidi. The bloke was solid in our batton down the hatches game against Newcastle, I can only think that if Enzo does prefer Vestegaard, its about his distribution/passing ability, but today he showed himself up with that, so maybe Enzo will think again

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I don't know what planet the club is on with these signings.  Again there seems to be no structure, no cohesion. It's worrying. Clearly the senior management is grossly incompetent to allow such a scattergun approach.  It feels like there's gonna be a few years more of failure before we learn our lessons.

I know one should not overreact to pre-season, but we are in absolute shambles

Have 4 GKs, 7 CBs, no attacking players and club have no idea who they are keeping or selling

Vesty and Castagne starting who have both stated their desire to leave

We as fan base are far too nice to the club

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

So he's worse than Vestergaard then?

Maresca shouldn’t, and hasn’t seemed to, take when a player was signed into account when figuring out the best players for our system. It’s unfortunate for Souttar and Kristiansen, but I can’t see where the latter in particular will fit into our plans this season. I was surprised that lurch started over Souttar today, perhaps it’s as he’s a good ball-player but he just costs us so much defensively.

I totally get why he isn't getting a look in. Not saying he's a bad defender, but couldn't be more opposite to what we are after with this new style of play.

0 composure on the ball, as soon as its at his feet he look for the big hoof up field. Alright for a team like Stoke, and probably the majority of the Championship & below, but not for us.

Hopefully he moves on for the good of his own career and our wage bill.

Whilst Vesty can't tackle, run or head a ball (despite being 9ft) he is more composed with the ball at his feet which seems our primary focus.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I totally get why he isn't getting a look in. Not saying he's a bad defender, but couldn't be more opposite to what we are after with this new style of play.

0 composure on the ball, as soon as its at his feet he look for the big hoof up field. Alright for a team like Stoke, and probably the majority of the Championship & below, but not for us.

Hopefully he moves on for the good of his own career and our wage bill.

Whilst Vesty can't tackle, run or head a ball (despite being 9ft) he is more composed with the ball at his feet which seems our primary focus.

Came here to basically say the same.

Wouldn’t mind keeping him though just for times when we’d need someone dealing with the high balls this season. He also did improve our set piece defending.

• Like 1