Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harry Souttar signs!

2 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Came here to basically say the same.

Wouldn’t mind keeping him though just for times when we’d need someone dealing with the high balls this season. He also did improve our set piece defending.

Yup, agreed.

I'd rather we try and improve on his composure as he has a lot of qualities and would be better than some alternatives.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Souttar is excellent on the ball as well, this makes little sense. Kristiansen is also efficient at retaining possession, it would be fascinating to hear Maresca's views on them both.

Didn't Kristiansen argue with another teammate and this had led to him to being temporarily dropped?

The only thing I was hoping was that Big Jan was starting a couple of games to get him in the shop window. He hasn't looked terrible tbf but Souttar is clearly a better player. To keep Vestergaard over him would be a clear downgrade unless there's a decent bid incoming.

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Vestergaard have the ball away countless times today. Idgaf how comfortable he is on the ball if all he does is give it straight to the oppo

give me Souttar any day. We will rue not playing this lad. I've seen him twice put in outstanding displays at Brentford and Newcastle. He's got more than enough to dominate a back line at this level

I also remember within the first 30 minutes of the match thread everyone singing Vestegaard’s praises. The team crumbled today as a collective.

I’m not a huge fan of Vesty but willing to give him a fresh start under Enzo and if Maresca decides to go with him over Souttar then I get it. Other than Coady, Vesty is the best with the diagonal balls that is assigned to take pressure off the high press in that central position role.

Perhaps Souttar isn’t very good?

He was culpable for a few of the goals we conceded: he often got caught playing the opposition onside and has slow recovery speed. 

in the system that we now may be trying to play he may have shown very limited aptitude in training for it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

What i'd say on Souttar is that we're about to play a ~50 game season. 

We had 6 centre halves the last time we were in this league. Moore, Morgan, Wasyl, Miquel, St Ledger and Whitbread.

Plenty of time for him to gain his place if he's good enough. Healthy competition and all that. I daresay that if Vestergaard is the only one ahead of him it won't take him long to get his place.

Agree, and this is where our preseason leaves us second guessing to a degree. If Enzo see's a future for Vesty here, then he needed minutes and fast as he had barely played for a year. Furthermore, Vesty was always going to be rusty. I suppose we will see next week if Vestergaard features in any of the clubs social output, or if he get linked in more transfer rumours.

But none of us can lose sight that we have a lot of games to play, using a system that will put a lot of pressure on the back 3/4. 

40 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Agree, and this is where our preseason leaves us second guessing to a degree. If Enzo see's a future for Vesty here, then he needed minutes and fast as he had barely played for a year. Furthermore, Vesty was always going to be rusty. I suppose we will see next week if Vestergaard features in any of the clubs social output, or if he get linked in more transfer rumours.

But none of us can lose sight that we have a lot of games to play, using a system that will put a lot of pressure on the back 3/4. 

He must be in his plans. Why else would he play him over souttar? 

14 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Souttar is excellent on the ball as well, this makes little sense. Kristiansen is also efficient at retaining possession, it would be fascinating to hear Maresca's views on them both.

Early days, with a long season of 46 games plus cups, I think they will play plenty of games. 

14 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Didn't Kristiansen argue with another teammate and this had led to him to being temporarily dropped?

I’m guessing he spoke his mind about the tactics and players and said truth which the victims of Stockholm syndrome didn’t want to hear.

From my experience in Denmark, Danes can sound very blunt and to the point when saying something in English even if the intent isn’t there. 

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

What i'd say on Souttar is that we're about to play a ~50 game season. 

We had 6 centre halves the last time we were in this league. Moore, Morgan, Wasyl, Miquel, St Ledger and Whitbread.

Plenty of time for him to gain his place if he's good enough. Healthy competition and all that. I daresay that if Vestergaard is the only one ahead of him it won't take him long to get his place.

I hope this is the case.  The same with Daka, Ndidi and Castagne, these players will drop more points than gain.

My worry is the changes come too late and the downward spiral continues. We have a lot more pressure from eyes looking at us, hoping to fail to make good articles than Soton or Leeds. 

Soutter seems to be more confident coming out with the ball and making something happen closer to the halfway line rather than stopping and passing to a crowded midfield like Vestigard.  His cross field passes are good, like Soutter but his defending is suspect. 

51 minutes ago, Richmondfox said:

I’m guessing he spoke his mind about the tactics and players and said truth which the victims of Stockholm syndrome didn’t want to hear.

From my experience in Denmark, Danes can sound very blunt and to the point when saying something in English even if the intent isn’t there. 

There were a lot of rumours of him falling out with the Madders clique. One of the plus points of Madders going. 

• Like 3

Seems odd. Was only signed in January on a long term contract, whereas Vestergaard is out of contract in the summer.

Think we’re going to struggle to get our money back on him as well

Also not seen any links/ rumours of him leaving either 

Edited by Foxes96