Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is there any reason why the final games would be played on Monday 6th May, rather than Saturday 4th/Sunday 5th?

Looking at booking a holiday for the 6th but don’t wanna miss the trophy lift :whistle:

Everywhere I'm looking says Saturday 4th.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If you need a relegation to make it hit home that you're on the wrong trajectory then something has gone severely wrong. It was very obvious in the summer of 2022 which direction we were heading - admittedly I did at that time ridicule the idea we could drop that season.

The brutal issue in the PL is that seldom do a team sort themselves out having remained in the PL. West Ham have done but more often than not its a horrid scrap year in, year out.

Who knows whether we will go back up and compete in the top half again, I do think what we have achieved in the last decade is astonishing and we need to still implement a lot of long term strategies to get anywhere near even the likes of Brighton and Brentford again.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

well the Rotherham Ipswich game is off tonight

beautiful. 

The first game after an international break (when you have few intel’s) is the best game to play.  Push the fixture back, along with them still being in the carabao cup could do the damage to their squad that lets the wheels start to creak. 

They are playing an intense game, if they keep it up all season with that squad then they truly have a special manager. 

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Is there any reason why the final games would be played on Monday 6th May, rather than Saturday 4th/Sunday 5th?

Looking at booking a holiday for the 6th but don’t wanna miss the trophy lift :whistle:

That’ll be a bank holiday Monday. 

22 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Flooding caused by burst banks from the nearby River.

Unfortunate it's so late for Ipswich fans travelling but health and safety will come first I guess. 

Was going to say, the River Don goes immediately past so it may be car parks and turnstiles have got floods.

I live in Rotherham and it’s been torrential all day. Our village has 3 ways in and out and all are cut off which very rarely happens so I’m not surprised they’ve decided not to plan the match.

53 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I've got Saturday 4th at 3pm. The final game is usually an early ko isn't it?

51 minutes ago, Bert said:

That’ll be a bank holiday Monday. 

Aye I thought it always gets moved but not sure where, didn’t know if Championship was different. 

Was thinking it’s BH Monday so surely they wouldn’t move all the games to there as they all need to be played at the same time. 

Looks like I’ll be ok to book for the 6th then?

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Aye I thought it always gets moved but not sure where, didn’t know if Championship was different. 

Was thinking it’s BH Monday so surely they wouldn’t move all the games to there as they all need to be played at the same time. 

Looks like I’ll be ok to book for the 6th then?

They’ll all get moved to the same time and date. 

This has been the longest international break ever, I swear.

It feels like it's been a full month since we last kicked a ball - has it really only been 2 weeks? A San Marino equaliser and seeing Yunus score a banger was all there has been to get the blood pumping for a long, grey, shitty fortnight.

As an aside, feels good to know we're guaranteed to still be top at the end of this weekend even if we blow it in Swansea tomorrow. Cheers, Mother Nature. :P

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The brutal issue in the PL is that seldom do a team sort themselves out having remained in the PL. West Ham have done but more often than not its a horrid scrap year in, year out.

Who knows whether we will go back up and compete in the top half again, I do think what we have achieved in the last decade is astonishing and we need to still implement a lot of long term strategies to get anywhere near even the likes of Brighton and Brentford again.

Lad at work asked what my expectations would be if we go up 

Literally said first season would be aim to stay up, no question for me

If we are really going for this rebuilding stage, I genuinely hope we plan slowly and with massive thought 

Even have managers in mind already who shares Enzo's philosophy, should he decide to leave for pastures new within the next year 

We basically have a tap in this year if we carry on the way we are, should we proceed on a canter, the summer window could be one of the most exciting we've had in many a year 

It appears the club are learning lessons from last season, I just hope with everything the plan going forward is sensible rather then rash like the last couple of years

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Good news for us this. They'll have to cram a fixture into an already busy schedule. We win tomorrow and a 5 point margin is pretty massive psychologically. 

We actually play twice now before they next play so could be 8 points.

• Like 1