Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got an idea for you Stephy: next time you’re one or one with a defender run at him as opposed to stopping and waving your foot around the general vicinity of the ball then passing it backwards. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1

On 27/12/2023 at 10:32, Lambert09 said:

I don’t want to be negative because he has been great and doing just what we need… but does anyone else just get the Demarai Gray feels? 

I just don’t think he will consistently enough make either the right decision or have the ability to execute the cross or finish. 

he will get about 1/3 of the opportunities in the prem… he’d get the odd goal but i don’t think he will be more consistent than Gray. 

I hope i’m wrong, because i like the bloke and he works hard. I just can’t shake the feeling though 

On 27/12/2023 at 10:41, coolhandfox said:

Same amount of Championship goals (8) and more assists (4) in 24 games (1910 minutes) 

Then Gray got in 3 season 72 games (4620 minutes) 8 goals, 3 assists.

So no not really.

Still think i’m wrong on this? 

He’s nowhere near decisive enough to be a premier league footballer 

• Like 1

We need look at where and he’s receiving the ball., usually in the last third and he’s usually doubling up against him. He needs to receive the ball earlier, so that he’s got space to run into. This is more tactical then it’s on him!

He's frustrating. In the same way Gray was. 

It's almost as if if he doesn't have a good first 15-20 mins or so, his head goes and he just loses confidence to take his man on or be productive. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lad1966 said:

We need look at where and he’s receiving the ball., usually in the last third and he’s usually doubling up against him. He needs to receive the ball earlier, so that he’s got space to run into. This is more tactical then it’s on him!

I think he does receive it with space and time. But he dilly dallys with it. The 2nd defender joins and he then doesn't fancy it. Leading to a backwards pass. Both him and Fats are guilty of not being assertive immediately when receiving the ball. It's undoubtedly a confidence thing. But I really worry about what they are being coached. As they just don't seem to believe  currently that having a go is the right decision. 🤔🤔

How is this guy still starting. ****ing useless.

Up against a full back who was just back from injury and then a full back who isn't actually a full back and he was still useless.

At least Fatawu has the benefit of being 'young and naive' and will be extrictating himself from the pocket of probably Bristol's best player in Pring over the next day or so, so gets a break.

2 hours ago, adam said:

About as much chance as making it in the top flight as Luke Thomas has. 

But but, Luke Thomas is an academy product. And he’s from Leicester. Syston actually. So can we please be nice to him, and not be mean. It’s not his fault he’s bad, it’s Brendan Rodgers’. Thanks. 

• Haha 2

Funny, but I'm ok with him... Fatawu frustrates/annoys me much more (doesn't mean I dislike him,.he's just.not ready for the business end of the season as a starter) 

But Stephy I just feel he's worth plugging away with. Teams dislike him more than Fatawu 

Absolute liability when we’re tracking back and defending. There was a throw in toward the corner flag close to the end of the game and he’s stood next to Justin. Justin points to the man Stephy should be marking and he ****ing saunters towards him but by that time the blokes received the ball and whipped in a cross

32 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Absolute liability when we’re tracking back and defending. There was a throw in toward the corner flag close to the end of the game and he’s stood next to Justin. Justin points to the man Stephy should be marking and he ****ing saunters towards him but by that time the blokes received the ball and whipped in a cross

To be fair, this is exactly what happened!