Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Stephy Mavididi

Mavs has impressed me this season, I thought he'd do okay for us but upper championship was his ceiling. He's got enough talent to be a PL player though, agree he needs some competition to push him. I'd love to see us go for Osame Sahraoui at Heerenveen who's an absolute live wire but wouldn't cost the earth and likely be happy to be a squad player.

Was clearly knackered as the game wore on and he became less and less effective. But even before that, he had to do something different, but part of that comes from Enzo refusing to budge from his tactic or change things to help him out. 

Was crowded out by Millwall and therefore became less than useless. 

2 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

He must long for an overlapping left back now and again. I know I do! 

He never utilises the runs from the 8s like we have been doing with Fatawu/Ndidi on the right. He wouldn't pass it anyway! 😂

Just now, UniFox21 said:

He really struggles with double marked, we didn't do enough to get him on his own or support.

Mark him out the game and we suffer

The ponderous build up rubbish before it gets to him can’t help

Utterly disgraceful performance from him again tonight. Lost count of the amount of times now he’s survived 90 minutes when he should have been hooked. Might as well just put Ward back on the bench as Albrighton or Wanya are clearly just there to make up the numbers.

2 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Utterly disgraceful performance from him again tonight. Lost count of the amount of times now he’s survived 90 minutes when he should have been hooked. Might as well just put Ward back on the bench as Albrighton or Wanya are clearly just there to make up the numbers.

Maresca may think he has to stick with him but it actually lowers expections of the players, when that performance is acceptable so performances drop further which is whats happening as the season has gone on. It also gives no hope to players on the bench that they're going to get chances.

54 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

He must long for an overlapping left back now and again. I know I do! 

Fullbacks are a thing of pre-enlightened football

We are out the cave now, don’t hark back to the days of fullbacks

Sympathy for him today. Ridiculous system we play means wingers have to beat their men even when double up. Yunus not going to do this so everything went through Mavididi.

Stupid not playing Abdul, who is our only best player one on one stationary.

Really all comes back to dire way we play football. Pass, pass, pass, get winger one on one and hope he creates magic. Always played to feet

We’re top the league virtue to fact we are likely paying salaries akin to a top 10 PL team. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

That first touch when he was put through summed up his performance today

A pivotal moment so early in the game, a golden opportunity which in a nutshell summarises why he’s playing for us and not higher following recent form. Moments of brilliance in the last 2 games, followed by today which was exceptionally bad. I will say he continued to work hard all game though so kudos to him for that. 

He was crap tonight but he must be shagged. I definitely think both he and Fatawu have been victims of us not recruiting another "proper" winger in January. We rely on them so much and when one (or both) aren't at it it's so noticeable. I don't think our set up helps either of them.