Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

I just finished watching "Little Boxes", a film about an interracial family who move from NYC to a small city in Washington state. I identified with a lot of the issues. It's a slow movie, but very thought provoking. Not just from a race perspective, but from a liberal, educated, elitist attitude too. Made me think about how I need to consider more often where others are coming from first before judging them for their actions.

45 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I've been asked to see a special preview screening of guardian of galaxy 3 and the next Thor movie, in trafalgar square, all bow tie and suit event.  Looking forward to it

Are they doing a Star Wars thing where they release the sequels first?

The Total Recall remake is such a waste of time. Retains little to none of the charm of the original. It's a visual splendor, with large-scale CGI effects and backgrounds dominating the movie, crushing the actors and their performance.

It detours from the original plot quite a bit. It's a mess, topped by the most gut-wrenchingly stupid dialogue in movie history.

Avoid at any cost.

27 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

Just watched snatch (2000) well fuc**** hell, loved it. 

Brad pitt being a pikey was really weird? :blink:

Try Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.  It is rather similar to Snatch but equally as good. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Try Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.  It is rather similar to Snatch but equally as good. 

I once had a project in Business Studies where i had to come up with a restaurant and design a grand opening event for it. I went with a Sci-fi seafood restaurant with live music, Just so that i could call the opening night "Rock, Spock and Two Smoked Salmon"

Edited by TiffToff88

Just got in from seeing Guardians of the galaxy 2. Really not sure about it, it was genuinely funny in places, Drax stole the show, but overall it was a mess off action and script that tried too hard to be funny. 6/10

I really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 today.

I hadn't seen the first one so wasn't sure what to expect but the wife said I'd like it.

The story line was a bit daft but who cares? It was just good fun and I absolutely adored the soundtrack.

Great to see some cameo's from some old timers too.

Marvelous stuff from Marvel I thought :thumbup: 

2 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I really enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 today.

I hadn't seen the first one so wasn't sure what to expect but the wife said I'd like it.

The story line was a bit daft but who cares? It was just good fun and I absolutely adored the soundtrack.

Great to see some cameo's from some old timers too.

Marvelous stuff from Marvel I thought :thumbup: 

I really enjoyed the film, and laughed throughout it.I think Chris Pratt is such a great actor and he has me in stitches. i remember how good he was in Parks and Recreation.

4 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

I really enjoyed the film, and laughed throughout it.I think Chris Pratt is such a great actor and he has me in stitches. i remember how good he was in Parks and Recreation.

Yeah really enjoy his films good actor

On 2017-4-27 at 11:55, StarkFox said:

Just watched snatch (2000) well fuc**** hell, loved it. 

Brad pitt being a pikey was really weird? :blink:

Guy Richie is about to do a remake of Aladdin for Disney. Really hope they cast Jason Statham as the genie... you've got 3 fackin wishes sunshine.

• Like 1