Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

We're going to be so crap after hitting 40 points - lads are gonna be on holiday when we hit that.

No the complete opposite Raneri will never let them take their foot of the gas, he will get it into their heads that this is a once in a lifetime chance to take this club to a different level and be part of history

No the complete opposite Raneri will never let them take their foot of the gas, he will get it into their heads that this is a once in a lifetime chance to take this club to a different level and be part of history

I wasn't being totally serious there, I am intrigued to hear what the next target is once we smash 40 though. If he keeps saying just one more point I'm going to be sick. 

Personally I wouldn't keep banging the 40 points drum at this stage, but I'm not going to argue with a man of his experience. Whatever he's doing, it's working ridiculously well :D

I wasn't being totally serious there, I am intrigued to hear what the next target is once we smash 40 though. If he keeps saying just one more point I'm going to be sick. 

Personally I wouldn't keep banging the 40 points drum at this stage, but I'm not going to argue with a man of his experience. Whatever he's doing, it's working ridiculously well :D

But this a manager who has a history of finishing second place, maybe he doesn't know how to get teams over the line:

2nd with Chelsea, Second with Roma, Third with Juve, Second with  Monaco. 

I didn't  really think it would be an issue when he took over in August, but now I'm worried, maybe he isn't the man to lead us to our and his first ever top flight league title.

:revenge:

• Like 1

But this a manager who has a history of finishing second place, maybe he doesn't know how to get teams over the line:

2nd with Chelsea, Second with Roma, Third with Juve, Second with  Monaco. 

I didn't  really think it would be an issue when he took over in August, but now I'm worried, maybe he isn't the man to lead us to our and his first ever top flight league title.

2nd would be immense

It's gets a bit confusing because Claudio says "a point" when he means three points, but he also says "a point" when he means a point. lol So after 40 point he might start saying points!

Edited by My Nads

I fully agree with this. I believe that the "40-point" story is simply a mantra that the staff have been instructed to repeat, both to keep their expectations grounded and to keep focused match by match, but also to disarm the media and our rivals.

This view is supported by the unwavering ambition of our owners.

Similarly, Ranieri insists that we will be bringing in noone new in January, but it will be interesting to see if the owners' ambition is borne out in the reality of the transfer window. My view is that it will, and we will be pleasantly surprised by our dealings (no ITK, just an educated guess).

Here's the quote:

“I don't think we can win the league,” the 24-year-old said this week. “We just need to get the 40 points and then after that we will see.”

As English is his second language, this could easily mean "I'm not thinking about winning the league, we just need...etc" but obviously that's not going to generate any headlines.

Here's the quote:

“I don't think we can win the league,” the 24-year-old said this week. “We just need to get the 40 points and then after that we will see.”

As English is his second language, this could easily mean "I'm not thinking about winning the league, we just need...etc" but obviously that's not going to generate any headlines.

Its also the newspaper twisting a nonchalant remark into a definite statement.

But this a manager who has a history of finishing second place, maybe he doesn't know how to get teams over the line:

2nd with Chelsea, Second with Roma, Third with Juve, Second with Monaco.

I didn't really think it would be an issue when he took over in August, but now I'm worried, maybe he isn't the man to lead us to our and his first ever top flight league title.

To be fair even finishing 2nd would be out of this world. I would certainly take this!

Is a little bit of an unfair insult too, wasn't the Chelsea year with a whole new team under Roman and they finished behind the invincible Arsenal? Monaco too, although they spent big they were a newly promoted side and finished behind PSG who had spent just as much if not maybe more lol

the post about being 2nd and CR unable to get us 'across the line' wasn't serious

Deadly serious, who do you think keeps on voting for Ranieri to go in the pre-match ratings? We need a proven winner like Van Gaal or Sven Goran Erikksen to get us over the line...

:ranieri:

Deadly serious, who do you think keeps on voting for Ranieri to go in the pre-match ratings? We need a proven winner like Van Gaal or Sven Goran Erikksen to get us over the line...

:ranieri:

:blush:

Even José rates us now:

He was fulsome in his praise for Leicester and an old adversary Claudio Ranieri, stressing that if Leicester managed to win the league it would be 'magnificent'. He also admitted he's been forced to change his original view that Leicester couldn't win the title.

Report from the Chelski press conference.

Edited by Buce

Even José rates us now:

He was fulsome in his praise for Leicester and an old adversary Claudio Ranieri, stressing that if Leicester managed to win the league it would be 'magnificent'. He also admitted he's been forced to change his original view that Leicester couldn't win the title.

Report from the Chelski press conference.

Jose, bigging the team he's set to face next in the league up to A) temper expectations B) attempt some form of weird mind game and C) make it seem even more significant a victory if Chelsea do win.

Never!

This over hyping of us is making me nervous, as a club we've got a history of being nearly men and messing it up when favourites we've  always seem to do better when we're  the underdogs.

• Like 1

This over hyping of us is making me nervous, as a club we've got a history of being nearly men and messing it up when favourites we've  always seem to do better when we're  the underdogs.

You can't stop others praising you when you do well though. And if they're in competition with you and know it will undermine your attempts to reach your ultimate goal, they're even more likely to do it. If we intend to stay where we are we going to have to find a way of not letting it affect us. 

One things for certain, we've had more excitement in our first 2 seasons back in the prem than any of the mid table mediocracy sides have had in their past 10 years 

For years, they had, "DRIVE CAREFULLY, YOU'VE JUST BEEN ON A ROLLERCOASTER" on the bike shed outside the East Stand. They got rid of it, last season and since then, it could not be more fitting! lol

• Like 3