Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Burnley away..

We are better than them. With the confidence, momentum and everything behind us we should have everything to get a result. Burnley fans I'm sure will know the importance of this game, and their fans will be up for this. This is more of a must win for them than us. But nevertheless we need to go there on the front foot and seize the initiative. 

Major game, win it and we hit 31 points with 5 left to play and a 5 point gap over them, lose and Burnley leapfrog us by 1 point so for them it is crucial but for us, we could survive not getting a win there.

Anybody know the best place to grab something to eat near the ground? Something quick and easy like a McDonalds, Burger King etc. would be prefeable. Had a look on Google Maps but couldn't really find anywhere so thought I'd see if anybody on here had any ideas. Cheers

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Huth

Schlupp

Albrighton

King

Cambiasso

Vardy

Ulloa

Nugent

Nuge loves a goal against burnley, plus he was playing well. If he's not fit then put Kramaric in. I also think this is the perfect game to bring Knockaert on from the bench as well

If we go to Burnley next week and lose it won't be a massive blow imo. Burnley currently sit 2 points below us. So should they do us next week we will be 1 point behind them. But what you have to remember is we both have relatively simple run ins. I think we will only need another 6 points to guarantee safety. Hull and Sunderland will go down alongside QPR because their run ins are ridiculously difficult.

It would be great to beat Burnley next week but don't panic if we lose. I think we are more than capable of winning.

We are staying up.

For those asking, it's a calf problem for Nugent, which depending on the severity might be 2 weeks depending on whether it's a pull or a tweak.

I can't see us sitting back, Pearson's called it a mini season of six games and that we have to get something out of all of them. They usually sit quite deep which is why few teams get behind them and why they've had a few 0-0s so it'll be difficult for Vardy etc to get in behind.

We just need to stay tight ourselves and for God's sake, take the chances that we're likely to get. If we can do it at West Brom we can certainly do it at West Burnley.

What's his injury?

I'm pretty sure they said it was a pulled calf. If that's the case, there's no reason to think he won't be ready by Saturday. Hopefully they'll give us some info in the next few days.

Pearson's called it a mini season of six games and that we have to get something out of all of them. 

I remember a similar scenario in the culmination of the 95/96 season when we had to string a similar run together to make the play offs leading to the final against Palace.

This is a pretty huge match. Burnley will be fighting for their lives, which may make it tougher than the last 3, which were all against sides with very little to play for.

Form is certainly on our side - we're scoring plenty and they just can't, but then it was a similar situation for the reverse fixture, and we all know what happened then.

If we can play anywhere near as well as yesterday, then I don't think we need to be too worried about any team, but if we treat it as a "must not lose" match, then it could be a very nervy game. I just can't make any predictions about this one, but I won't be surprised to see a few bookings.

I think we should just carry on as we are - high tempo, getting crosses in, getting players in the box, etc. I doubt Burnley could have coped with us yesterday.

Burnley are in an awful run. They'll be shitting it badly and our lads will be going in massively confident. We're better than them. We can beat them. I'd take the same team in and show the faith.

1 goal in their last 7 games when they're likely to need at least two to win (we've scored 10 in our past 4) doesn't look good for them, but we can't be complacent. They'll attack us in much the same way we did Swansea yesterday, and we must be up for it as much as they are.

If we hit them on the break with Nugent, Vardy and Mahrez though, we could reap the rewards.

hopefully a repeat of last year, where we were clearly better than them, above them in the league and went there for some reason as underdogs according to most. then beat them without really having to get into second gear. 

They'll have to attack - they lose this and suddenly, they've got to finish top of 4 teams to stay up - we'll be 5 clear with 4 left. Even a draw and at best they're 3 points away with 4 left. That suits us to a tee, get they high up and give the likes of Schlup and Vardy acres to run in behind.

Archived