Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Jordan Veretout

If they were using us as bait they wouldn't just ignore our much higher, but late, offer and continue the deal with Villa would they?

Well yes, if you read the article it seems Villa are haggling over a few things and by saying they are allowing him to join Villa for 5 million euros less they need to be careful that delaying could see them lose out. It's to push Villa through with the deal. We've seen this with Kante and to a certain extent Kramaric.

I really don't know what out plan is, if all these massive bids being chucked around last minute are true it just sounds desperate.

It's not really last minute - it does seem like they've only just realised that we need 2 CM's and a CB though. 

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/nantes-president-confirms-hes-set-to-sell-veretout-to-villa/?

Nantes President confirms he’s set to sell Veretout to Villa

Nantes President Waldemar Kita has confirmed to L’Équipe that while Leicester City have made a better offer for central midfielder Jordan Veretout, he plans to sell the player to Aston Villa.

He had the following to say:

“He has made his choice, and I am going to go in his direction. They (Aston Villa) are haggling on certain details. They need to be careful because if they continue to haggle they might lose the player from right under their noses. They have until this evening to take a decision. I’m set to lose €5m (by taking Villa’s deal and not Leicester’s). I am a pillock. I would have never thought I would have done anything other than try to raise the price, but I am not going to go against the boy. He is a boy who has never done us wrong, who played the game right until the end, contrary to others, who did not sulk.”

Wow what a guy! How very noble and honest of him. Slight hint that Villa are starting to annoy him though - come on Villa keep haggling away!

It's not really last minute - it does seem like they've only just realised that we need 2 CM's and a CB though. 

The bloke had packed his bags and was off to Villa, by the sounds of it all agreed but a few small details. We've had plenty of time to get a bid in, but we wait until the moment the other deal is almost all sorted. Pretty last minute to me.

Nobody seems to fancies coming to Leicester.

It certainly does seem that way. If a player is looking to advance his career teams like Villa have in recent history proved to be a good stepping stone into the higher echelons of the league.

I have said all along that Chilwell will be a decent player this season and I'm happy that Ranieri has given him a chance (future City Captain) and maybe a couple more will be given the chance to step up. We have Fuchs, Okazaki as decent signings and Huth also so we are not in a bad place, just a centre mid or maybe two...

Up the City......

Sky now claiming between us and Villa so things are changing, so lets wait to see, all premier league teams have ambition but we seem tohave more than Villa atm, mind you having an owner called Randy he should be something to do with us.

Sky now claiming between us and Villa so things are changing, so lets wait to see, all premier league teams have ambition but we seem tohave more than Villa atm, mind you having an owner called Randy he should be something to do with us.

Sky know jack. Even they can't keep up with twitter.

This boy needs his head checking.

He want to go to Villa on a smaller contract for a relegation battle?!.

He likes Gilets.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/nantes-president-confirms-hes-set-to-sell-veretout-to-villa/?

Nantes President confirms he’s set to sell Veretout to Villa

Nantes President Waldemar Kita has confirmed to L’Équipe that while Leicester City have made a better offer for central midfielder Jordan Veretout, he plans to sell the player to Aston Villa.

He had the following to say:

“He has made his choice, and I am going to go in his direction. They (Aston Villa) are haggling on certain details. They need to be careful because if they continue to haggle they might lose the player from right under their noses. They have until this evening to take a decision. I’m set to lose €5m (by taking Villa’s deal and not Leicester’s). I am a pillock. I would have never thought I would have done anything other than try to raise the price, but I am not going to go against the boy. He is a boy who has never done us wrong, who played the game right until the end, contrary to others, who did not sulk.”

You can also add btw Jordan just have a little chat with Leicester just in case ;):rolleyes:

The bloke had packed his bags and was off to Villa, by the sounds of it all agreed but a few small details. We've had plenty of time to get a bid in, but we wait until the moment the other deal is almost all sorted. Pretty last minute to me.

Ah, I thought you meant last minute of the Window, not just his transfer.

Yeh, you're right, it does scream desperation. 

As much as it pains me to say this (and it really, really does), a clubs name still means a hell of a lot, 

Although we played phenomenal football in the last two months of the season and somehow managed to get Cambiasso, not many foreign players will be that familiar to Leicester City. Despite us finishing above them, Aston Villa is a bigger name regardless of who's in charge or what type of squad they have. To use La Liga as example, Villa are probably Espanyol a well known name with a decent history, we are someone like Rayo Vallecano who is always on the fringe. Unless we throw silly money, they won't come for at least a few years.

Also we appear to be Johnny-come-lately's to most of these deals, so we're moving in on the 11th hour when a player has probably done his research and made his mind up to move to a club.  

I hope I'm wrong but the last two links which seem to have any weight behind them have both been behind other clubs who moved first

Something doesn't add up here.

Why would we be stupid enough to bid €5m more than what was previously accepted and why did the Nantes chairman reject our extra €5m offer just not to upset the player.

Someone is talking out their backside.

Something doesn't add up here.

Why would we be stupid enough to bid €5m more than what was previously accepted and why did the Nantes chairman reject our extra €5m offer just not to upset the player.

Someone is talking out their backside.

This is what I think as well, we're being used as bait for Villa to push through the deal.

Interesting that Claudio said to Sky that he hopes to conclude a deal by, "the end of the week" (he did say end of the WEEK in the video - despite Sky reporting it as end of the "window" in the text) - and Veretout is coming to the UK to finalise his transfer, "in the next 48 hours" (reported this morning on Sky).  Those two dates do tie up.  Sky also report that he will be talking to clubs - ie not just the Villa.

Guest Mee-9

I wish we could sign someone who actually wants to move to the club. Not someone who's dillydallying or using us to get to a bigger club.

I wish we could sign someone who actually wants to move to the club. Not someone who's dillydallying or using us to get to a bigger club.

Who's going to 'want' to join us over a bigger club? What's this fascination with players needing to love Leicester to play for us? Why would they?

It's a business and it's their career. If they form an attachment to the club while they play here then great and I'm sure many do but when players move to a new club it's usually because they think there'll be a chance of success, more money or aid them in their development. They don't think "Ooooh, Leicester, I really fancy Leicester, great club."

Interesting that Claudio said to Sky that he hopes to conclude a deal by, "the end of the week" (he did say end of the WEEK in the video - despite Sky reporting it as end of the "window" in the text) - and Veretout is coming to the UK to finalise his transfer, "in the next 48 hours" (reported this morning on Sky). Those two dates do tie up. Sky also report that he will be talking to clubs - ie not just the Villa.

The 72 hours given to Aranguiz seems a better fit to me

Archived