Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Hernandez Signed

He was the best player on the field 1st half yesterday, but were a bit more shaky 2nd half. Potential is there and loved when he intercepted and started a quick counter where he ended up in the Porto box. Also am I the only one who thinks he looks a bit like Matt Oakley...?

6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Most of our defence are like that this season though. 

Thought he was excellent yesterday. One of the differences between him and Simpson is that Hernandez doesnt treat the ball like it is a bomb and boots it to nobody.

This! He seemed to be the only one in our backline who could play a good composed pass forwards. Porto quickly realised this and looked to mark him whenever our centre backs had the ball.

5 hours ago, foxes21 said:

I'd like to see Hernandez partner Huth, when Morgan needs a rest (he looks knackered)

Hernandez Morgan Huth Fuchs Vs strong teams

Simpson Hernandez Huth Chilwell Vs weaker teams

Basically Huth is key, without him we'd be a mess

Very much agree, much as I love Morgan he can't provide the same level of organisation that Huth brings.

If Huth gets injured/suspended again though, I'm not sure whether Was or Benny could step into his shoes...

had  really good game against porto but i am hesitant to trust him in a central defensive role in the premier league, needs to get up to speed how fast and pysical the premier league is but could develop into a good right back if he learns from simpson

13 hours ago, Grewks said:

Does nobody else think he could play the role Danilo Pereira played for them?

Fairly mobile for a big lad, decent on the ball and reads the game very well.

Sit him in front of the back four?

Not sure we've spent £20m on two DM's to play Okazaki or Hernandez there.

I quite like him but at RB he seems to leave too big a gap between Morgan and himself. This may be due to receiving less help from Mahrez than Fuchs received from Albrighton on the left. I think his reading of the game is good other than that and he makes some decent interceptions.

Edit: how can I neglect mentioning that throw. Gargantuan. When he's in line with the 18 yard box he's actually holding back...can seem to hit the penalty spot from way out and it comes in with good speed. Seems to use spin on the ball to aid its travel in the was Kasper does with kicks.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Not sure we've spent £20m on two DM's to play Okazaki or Hernandez there.

Not sure that i've suggested playing Okazaki there.

But then again, if we've spent 20 million on DM's....why are we using them as box to box midfielders?

1 hour ago, Grewks said:

Not sure that i've suggested playing Okazaki there.

But then again, if we've spent 20 million on DM's....why are we using them as box to box midfielders?

I never said YOU had, but there have been about 7 threads on the subject.

Because that's what's being asked, doesn't take away from the fact that's what they were at their previous clubs. Oh and one has played 55 minutes.

Really surprised with how well he has started to settle in. I admit to being underwhelmed when he signed... he wasnt really that well rated by Gijon fans either , but  chuiffin nora, Walshy  has struck again. Think i'll forgive him for leaving now!!

• 1 month later...

Not sure he fits the "HOOF IT TO NOBODY PANICCCC" style of play we have right now. 

This guy was pocketing Real Madrid players last season so let's try him out for one of our old boys. If I remember correctly, him and Benalouane were decent together in pre-season, time to get them together again.

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Really wouldn't mind seeing him alongside Morgan. Although I wonder how much Morgan and Huth benefit from being the same type of defenders as each other.

Huth organises the back four, you drop Wes to play Hernandez

• 3 weeks later...

Archived