Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Swansea (a) Match Thread

I'll bite.

I've had to endure this sh1te week in, week out since August. I initially put it down as a hangover but you can't explain it away for 6 months with the same excuse, just like you can't explain away us winning the title as being "lucky" for 38 games.

This is a relegation 6 pointer and we're getting trounced.

The faces that performed last season are not doing so, and clearly have no reason to do so - because none of the stand-out performers from Wednesday, save for Gray (who is more or less part of the first team anyway) have been rewarded.

The same shocking back 4 are conceding sh1tty, sloppy goals time after time after time. Nobody wants to win an aerial duel. Up front we're clueless and resort to long balls that haven't worked once this year and aren't going to magically start working.

We are getting relegated.

And as much as individual performances are a problem, Claudio has to take the blame for his team selection, lack of pressure on the same old under-performers and appalling, one-directional tactics.

My patience is gone. Sack him and bring in somebody who will drop players who don't perform. A fresh chance for Benny, Chilwell, Ulloa, etc.

At this rate, it will be too late.

Actually thought we were fine up until their goal. We looked to have an attacking threat during the first half hour, better than it was for the rest of this year so far. We've been undone by a cracking finish with woeful marking.

Since then, we've just started hoofing it up to Vardy again. We had a chance to counter and nobody was bloody moving! No options. Nothing. Alright fine, hold on till half time and go from there. But then what the hell was that from Simpson? We capitulate again and it's another game lost at half time.

Incredibly frustrating. 

Sky are doing an excellent job of trying to remain convinced that this is a temporary thing and everything will be alright in the end. This is the same game every week, lads, drop the surprised element, we're shit, why don't you just say it?

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Glad someone else has spotted DD's contribution of psssing the buck back to the cb's.

What else does a player do when there's no one else showing?? Hit it up the pitch and everyone else moans .... it's called keeping possession. If other players showed for the ball then players wouldn't have too play the ball back. 

3 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Owner will react now, its rare for him to be in the country, let alone home games...so an away game in swansea. I am glad he is there to see this mess first hand.

Give it another 45 and a couple more conceded and he will be gone tomorrow.

yeah..i thought it was rare fr him to attend away games. I feared all along that they would stick by CR..I hope they have changed their minds

Its crazy really.

For 25-30 mins we did well. The home fans were so quiet, we had 5 chances to there 1 although none of ours were great chances and we were playing well. However, the same old faces keep letting us down. CR made a smart move in pushing Gray up front and his energy was great and things were happening. However, Vardy and Mahrez have been disgraceful. Jogging around, shite control and giving nothing offensively. As for Kasper, well he has kicked the ball once to one of our players with a lovely clip to the left. The rest of his distribution is shite and to me its no surprise his error led to the second goal. 

Our newish boys like Ndidi and Gray are trying but last seasons wonder players are playing like shite.

I really feel sorry for CR. He got it in the neck pre-game for his defensive selections but the defense have defended very well in all. You cant go hard at Huth and Wes in this game despite the two goals conceded but Im sure many wont let that bother them and have a go. I can also hear Claudio screaming at them to close down and push on but Vardy and Mahrez cant even do that. Sub them both as at the moment they cant even control the fudgin ball. They are so soft in the head its hurting my head. Reading Vardys book you know he has bloody mental issues as he deliberated retirement after signing for us and failing to score goals. He is doing that again here with his "I cant do it" attitude when last season clearly shows he can. Mahrez 3 or 4 times had the ball played to him and was bullied, looking like a 6 year old girl being pushed off the ball by Giant Haystacks.

Fudgin disgrace. 

I felt before the last couple of weeks that I had a limitless store of positive feeling for Ranieri.

Can't believe some of the negative feeling I have for him right now. He's taking the piss.

Ndidi looks so frustrated playing with this lot. Keeps asking for the ball then seeing it whizz over his head.

I feel like we've tried to be a bit more patient at the back, but then it more often than not has ended with Simpson smashing it in the general direction of Gray.

Still can't get over Morgan's marking there haha. Pretty jealous of Swansea with Olssen and Naughton, sweet memories of when we had full backs that were allowed to attack.

Fingers crossed for Drinky and Vardy bookings or Siggurdsson scoring outside the area so I can win some monies at least.

We could of tried to stop the rot months ago, Ranieri should have gone after Sunderland.

Loyalty will only get us relegated.

Swansea have the right attitude bring somebody quick to turn the team around back firing again. (3RD Manager)

Good luck to them that is what I say.

We will not recover under Ranieri.....

Archived