Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

bit harsh to say savage played at "a really bad level his whole career". he played premier league football, often top half premier league football for nearly all his career, won a few trophies and was capped a lot of times for his country. if someone like adam virgo or clarke carlisle was laying into him then fair enough, but savage was hardly some none league plodder who talks the talk but never walked the walk. he wasn't an exceptional footballer but he's on a similar level to most pundits we have these days (jenas, danny murphy, sav, kevin kilbane, dion dublin etc). 

Just make a "I hate Kane" thread and shove everything in there rather than seeing embarrasing hate messages whether he scores, doesnt score, plays well, doesnt play well.

Is it his fault Woy picks him? Is it his fault hes a goal every other game striker at 22?

For fvcks sake give it a fvcking rest.

Best post this week.

This discrediting of Kane, discredits this normally good forum.

Its quite pathetic, Kane is a damn good striker, and like Vardy so far deserves the praises coming their way.

Not the hate teradde.

He does score against poor teams.

Anyway jimmeh what have you got to say about us getting 3 pts from the first of the three games you thought we'd get a total of one.

Are you a Forest fan in disguise?

The fact that you can remember posts from members on here a few weeks back suggests your life isn't very good mate..

The fact that you can remember posts from members on here a few weeks back suggests your life isn't very good mate..

Monumnentally melty statements tend to stand out. So, when are you and the rest of non-leicester fans going to start accepting we're a genuinely quality side.

As we are all aware December is the month that may well show us how much we have improved this season.

I am sick of hearing people say "you haven't played the big boys yet, just see where you are then". 

Apart from trying to play the Gunners at their own game (mistake) we have done ok against Spurs, West Ham and Palace, who are all decent enough teams. 

We should be capable of giving Man U problems, who knows what Chelski would do, Man City I think would be a tough game also Liverpool now with Klot in charge.

Hopefully it will be onward and upward !

As we are all aware December is the month that may well show us how much we have improved this season.

I am sick of hearing people say "you haven't played the big boys yet, just see where you are then". 

Apart from trying to play the Gunners at their own game (mistake) we have done ok against Spurs, West Ham and Palace, who are all decent enough teams. 

We should be capable of giving Man U problems, who knows what Chelski would do, Man City I think would be a tough game also Liverpool now with Klot in charge.

We did last year and were in a fantastic position. We played the rest and sank to the bottom.

We're actually doing what is generally considered to be the best thing- beat the sides around you.

Terry came accross as a complete prat in that interview.

Does the fans opinion not count? After all the majority haven't played at a high level.

He's been awful for Chelsea and he should be man enough to accept that.

As Dan Walker tweeted, Savage has played over 250 PL games. He has a right to an opinion, as much as anyone else.

We did last year and were in a fantastic position. We played the rest and sank to the bottom.

We're actually doing what is generally considered to be the best thing- beat the sides around you.

in that case we'll be beating man utd, man city and Arsenal then!

Does the fans opinion not count? After all the majority haven't played at a high level.

As Dan Walker tweeted, Savage has played over 250 PL games. He has a right to an opinion, as much as anyone else.

He's always been a tvvat.

Hope he gets torn apart again tonight.

Whilst I am cautious, still taking it game by game and not getting ahead of myself, I'm not really fearing anyone, ok i'd be stupid to go into the games against the 'big boys' saying we'll get the 3 points or they'll be easy, and I am going into games at the moment willing to take draws simply so the run doesn't end!

But the big boys, barr Arsenal (Where we got beat, well, but I think the scoreline flattered them abit) I fear none,

-Chelsea are dogshit, Ok, bit harsh it'll still be a tough game but i'd be going into that game expected atleast a draw if not a win on current form.

-Man Utd - hit and miss.

-Man City -  More hit than miss but far from consistant.

-Liverpool - Nothing spectacular - They can't score, on the other hand we can't defend.

But despite us cringing at it, #Fearless is our current mood, long may it continue.

He actually said, and I quote, "Someone who not had a career. Who's played at a really bad level." He's talking about some who as you've said has played over 250 premie league games, won two league cups, played in Europe, capped numerous times by his country. What the hell does Terry class as playing a decent level if that's playing at a really bad level?

Anyway we've had posts on here before of people dismissing the opinion of the likes of Jenas and Mills because they've never been top players at top clubs winning leagues. So what? Surely every ex player can offer an insight. At times I'd rather listen to someone like Savage who's had to leave Man Utd and work his way back up to the top, than someone like Neville who spent his whole career at the top. Why on earth would I want to hear Gary Neville's views on the stresses and pressures of a relegation battle? Which Terry looks like he could end up in lol Neville wouldn't know a relegation battle if it slapped him the face.

Whilst Arsenal are the only top team we've played, we have taken 8 points from games against West Ham, Palace, Spurs and Southampton. Fair bit of confidence about ourselves we can take from that.

Against City, United, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool, im sure we can nick a good result or two.

bit harsh to say savage played at "a really bad level his whole career". he played premier league football, often top half premier league football for nearly all his career, won a few trophies and was capped a lot of times for his country. if someone like adam virgo or clarke carlisle was laying into him then fair enough, but savage was hardly some none league plodder who talks the talk but never walked the walk. he wasn't an exceptional footballer but he's on a similar level to most pundits we have these days (jenas, danny murphy, sav, kevin kilbane, dion dublin etc).

What trophy's has Robbie Savage won? I can count 1, a league cup when he was with us.

Being capped by Wales is hardly an achievement either is it. If Junior Lewis was Welsh he would have had at least 30 caps for them.

What trophy's has Robbie Savage won? I can count 1, a league cup when he was with us.

Being capped by Wales is hardly an achievement either is it. If Junior Lewis was Welsh he would have had at least 30 caps for them.

i was sure he won a league cup at blackburn but turns out i completely made that up. still, don't think you can describe an international footballer who spent a solid 10 years playing top half premier league football and captained premier league sides, played in europe etc as someone who spent their whole career "playing at a really bad level".

Robbie Savage is pretty horrendous to listen to, tries to be controversial when its really not needed, and hes not a great listen on shows like 606 either, but then again its his job to put opinions over, and John Terry could have answered the question a lot better, and not made himself look petty in the process. Poor from both of them.

I actually agree with JT. Must be hard for a player like himself, who has won literally everything that he could win at club level, to receive sh*t from pundits like Savage, who in comparison have done nothing. Terry didn't say he was adverse to criticism, which is fair enough, none of the best players are, and he has been probably the best English CB over the past decade regardless of whether he's been playing for England or not. He's in his late 30s for Christ sake, his performances probably are going to decline as is human nature.

I think Savage is a complete w*nker whilst in the media spotlight. Will say anything to get a reaction, does my head in.

Archived