Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

I’ve heard from reliable sources that:

Complete Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

More Speculation

Grossly Speculative comment

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Regurgitated speculation from self-proclaimed “ITK” which doesn’t actually confirm anything

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation

Speculation from official Twitter account

Speculation from some random Twitter account

Speculation

So this all definitely means that he’s going, but there is a small chance that he’ll stay.

Sorry but that's meaningless bollocks

The more and more this has gone on I've become convinced we leaked the news of the arsenal bid ourselves. Not sure what the rest of you think?

I mean think about it we're powerless to resist vardy activating his clause shoud an offer from a champions league club come in. What have we got to lose by offering him around to other clubs?

We can accept or refuse whichever offer we want, given the limited time to get this done before the euros I don't think other sides interested in speaking to vardy would waste our time with insulting 20 million + 1 pound offers. It would be far more sensible to hijack arsenal by selling him for 30 milllion to Liverpool or United.

My guess is all along it was going to be mulled over by vardy during the euros and the fact it has leaked has sped things up one way or another which for us is good as we can get a replacement in and move on, its impossible to plan without knowing who will be staying.

The problem is no team will sell players for their genuine value due to the money in the premier league now. Why would Bournemouth for example sell Ritchie & Wilson to west ham for example for 25 million? Going out of the premier league next season would lose far more to the club than the money they would get for selling their best players. So I can see these release clauses being part and parcel of negotiations in the future which is a scary thought.

If Vardy does go it would worry me that he knows that within the squad that some of the main guys could be leaving and that the squad will break up whether he stays or not. This is his chance to leave so he is taking it. It seems strange that he was the one player that was against leaving the club yet now seems like he will be the first to leave.

Even more so if Arsenal have made their intentions known they want Mahrez too, and that Vardy knows Riyad would be keen to go.

The more and more this has gone on I've become convinced we leaked the news of the arsenal bid ourselves. Not sure what the rest of you think?

I mean think about it we're powerless to resist vardy activating his clause should an offer from a champions league club come in. What have we got to lose by offering him around to other clubs?

We can accept or refuse whichever offer we want, given the limited time to get this done before the euros I don't think other sides interested in speaking to vardy would waste our time with insulting 20 million + 1 pound offers. It would be far more sensible to hijack arsenal by selling him for 30 milllion to Liverpool or United.

My guess is all along it was going to be mulled over by vardy during the euros and the fact it has leaked has sped things up one way or another which for us is good as we can get a replacement in and move on, its impossible to plan without knowing who will be staying.

The problem is no team will sell players for their genuine value due to the money in the premier league now. Why would Bournemouth for example sell Ritchie & Wilson to west ham for example for 25 million? Going out of the premier league next season would lose far more to the club than the money they would get for selling their best players. So I can see these release clauses being part and parcel of negotiations in the future which is a scary thought.

I mean think about it we're powerless to resist vardy activating his clause should an offer from a champions league club come in. What have we got to lose by offering him around to other clubs?

It was leaked by the bloke who's writing Vardy's autobiography and wrote his FWA speech. I won't add to the various amount of theories already on here, but clearly his agent is playing games and trying to get his client one last big deal / move.

I mean think about it we're powerless to resist vardy activating his clause shoud an offer from a champions league club come in. What have we got to lose by offering him around to other clubs?

Agree with the first part.

It's funny how Vardys wife follows the guy who broke the story though.

(@StuartJamesGNM): https://twitter.com/StuartJamesGNM?s=09

And she hasn't followed him recently, was way before the story was out there. She also doesn't really follow any other journalists.

For me this has definitely come from the Vardy camp.

this post makes so much sense

And she hasn't followed him recently, was way before the story was out there. She also doesn't really follow any other journalists.

John Cross broke the story ???

Sorry your eighth was James

Oh great. The conspiracy theories have started.

Saturday 170k views

today 495,798 views surely that's a record over the time amassed.

Does the site make a lot of revenue?

I'd be amazed if it doesn't! Maybe just the last season and a bit though. 

I think he'll go.

He's not been earning big money for very long, not like a lot of other Internationals who have been earning big money for most of their 20's.

He's 29 starting to get towards the end of his career and has a chance to earn some big money, and as much as I hate to say it, I don't want someone here who doesn't want to be here.

IMHO (FWIW) he is going to go - the momentum is too great now for him to stay and this delay is just a charade to make it seem a reasonably thought-through decision that respects us. If he goes, get it over with though now and let's get in a decent replacement and get some excitement back rather than this sphincter-crimping anxiety!

I think he'll go.

He's not been earning big money for very long, not like a lot of other Internationals who have been earning big money for most of their 20's.

He's 29 starting to get towards the end of his career and has a chance to earn some big money, and as much as I hate to say it, I don't want someone here who doesn't want to be here.

I don't think anyone wants someone that doesn't want to be there tbh.

I hope we sign a striker regardless of Vardy's decision anyway, as great as it would be to have him stay, we can't afford to wait around for too long, otherwise we could miss out on other targets.

Guest bennytwohats

I'm genuinely not sure which outcome is best for us anymore....

He stays - we likely have to throw a £100k+ contract at him to convince him. Potentially disrupts the harmony in the squad and our 'philosophy' which has served us pretty damn well the past few years. Knock-on effect of maybe having other players make similar plays for a new contract in the future. Potentially ups the bar on our wage bill to a level that the club isn't big enough to sustain.

He goes - lose out talismanic striker to another club in the same division. Very, very difficult to replace the goals and the work-rate that he has brought this season. Potential stat to a domino effect which could see Mahrez/Kante out the door and make us more unattractive to potential signings.

On a more positive note...

He stays - massive statement of intent from the club that we can fight off interest from one of the genuine big boys. Huge shift in momentum to turn the tide on a transfer that by all accounts sounded like a done deal 48 hours ago. Keep a player that had a huge hand in our success this year. Egg on Arsenal and the media's faces.

He goes - Solid transfer fee to play with and CL as a draw to get players in. Have more money to throw around - if we can find the gems we have on a low budget then potentially might be able to do even better with a higher budget.

Archived