Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FIFA 17

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

four and a half star team:

That looks epic! Quite disappointing to see how 'close' all the teams are together, same star rating as Watford and Swansea etc. but all in all that looks quality. Finally some big changes to career mode. Anyone have anything on gameplay yet?

58 minutes ago, DB11 said:

Demo is downloading on my PS4 right now. Taking its time though.

Anyone with an early verdict?

This is the biggest jump up in graphics i've seen. Gameplay is quite smooth and little things like the way the referee hands out cards has been streamlined.

The Journey has a hell of a lot of potential. Could be brilliant but could be very repetitive.

Juventus are godly. Higuain buries everything. I'm not sure about the new set piece rework, it'll take some time to get used to.

Overally its a typically polished FIFA demo. There will be problems with the game upon release but the demo is well worth a download.

25 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

That looks epic! Quite disappointing to see how 'close' all the teams are together, same star rating as Watford and Swansea etc. but all in all that looks quality. Finally some big changes to career mode. Anyone have anything on gameplay yet?

Well, I suppose it does reflect reality, with the Premier League being rather competitive at the top and for the "medium-sized" teams, as well.

We're talking fine margins here when it comes to the 4-to-5 star range. Otherwise, you'd have to implement a ten-star ratings system.

Like the history bit at the top, too. Much more eye for detail in the overall gaming experience, which can only be a good thing.

Played the player career bit as Alex Hunter and if they could turn that into the main player career mode except you make you own player then it would be perfect. Obviously the story wouldn't be there in as good detail if at all but having the match targets and feedback from the manager are nice little features, plus choosing your answers to questions adds a nice bit of roleplaying.

2 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Not a fan of the new corners, they seem too OP. Other than that, it feels good - but the finished product is always vastly different to the demo anyway.

It's about time they sorted corners out though. On Fifa 16 the goalkeeper was so op. 9 times out of 10 he would catch it without any problems. I hope you can now challenge the keeper and be successful. 

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

It's about time they sorted corners out though. On Fifa 16 the goalkeeper was so op. 9 times out of 10 he would catch it without any problems. I hope you can now challenge the keeper and be successful. 

Yeah you can, I've done so a couple of times. At the minute it just seems too easy to score from them, I agree with you about last year, but imo they're just going from one extreme to the other - they need to find a balance.

I really like what bit I've played of the demo. Really enjoyed the new graphics and stuff involved with the Journey, and there's some nice new animations in the general gameplay. Scored some nice shots from around the edge of the box, maybe they need to be toned down a little.

Archived