Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Mahrez Signs New Deal - OFFICIAL

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Every Arsenal fan I've seen "We didnt need or want him anyway" despite them spaffing to tweets by people with 40 followers.

went to see what the 'angrieffer' fella was saying on Twitter and found he had blocked me!  I had been completely rational and non aggressive with him (just pointing out that we wouldn't sell for less than 50m and explaining riyad's absence from certain photos ), yet he clearly chose to block anyone he thought might come back and take the piss. 

sums up up a gooner - can give it out but can't take it back. Would be great if they failed to make top four again although the risk there is wenger gets the boot and a proper manager turns up. 

It really doesn't matter if Arsenal made a bid: They did nothing to stop a rumour about a bid. True or not, it sure as heck looks to the world that not one, but two Players of the Year, turned them down, preferring to stay at Leicester City. If Arsenal lose on Saturday, especially if Vardy and Mahrez have good games, they'll have a new manager by Christmas. It would be funny if Leicester's transfer window had a bigger impact on Arsenal than us.

I said this last summer in the thread about him signing a new deal then, that it could be the biggest and most important news all summer. I fluked that prediction but I repeat it again this year. This is massive for us and gives us that shot in the arm we possibly need to kickstart the season. What better than to do it against the team that beat us home and away last year but also publicly flirted with Vardy and Mahrez and got ripped.

Buzzing now for the game, it's time to dish out what they deserve. Go on Riyad!

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Let's put it to the test then.

Many people have been complaining about Kasper's alleged 100k per week. So and so shouldn't get this, he shouldn't get that etc..it's not good for morale, it'll make the others want more... all comments I've read, or similar, over the last week or so.....

SO how much are we paying Mahrez per week and how much should we be paying him? What's acceptable and what isn't?

Discuss....

I'd do summut like this.

Base pay=75,000 a week

bonus=50,000 each goal he scores, winning goal=100,000, +30,000 per assist, winning assist=60,000

win the league=3,000,000, CL spot=2,000,000, Europa=1,000,000

same structure for Champions league

13 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Obviously his head's been turned.

If the club say "you're staying no matter what" what choice does he have? Signing it doesn't really strengthen or weaken his position that much as he was already signed up for three years... but it does put a few extra million in his pocket. If he has a decent season he'll be off next year still.

6 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

He's allegedly donated the shirt to the local Charity Shop. lol Make of that what you will.

Just shows how wasteful even Arsenal fans are with their money - truly reflecting their club's philosophy. Staggering.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If the club say "you're staying no matter what" what choice does he have? Signing it doesn't really strengthen or weaken his position that much as he was already signed up for three years... but it does put a few extra million in his pocket. If he has a decent season he'll be off next year still.

Is it going to rain tomorrow as well Babs  ...   :(

Huge, huge news! I argued that Mahrez was the player that, if sold, we would miss the least out of our holy triumvirate. Now Kanté has gone, it was imperative we kept the other two.

I feel the game against Hull illustrated just how much we rely on Mahrez to unlock teams sitting deep, with Drinkwater's threat virtually nullified and none of our other wide players being remotely of the same calibre as Mahrez.

Very happy about this and it gives me some faith and confidence after an uncertain transfer window to date.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

went to see what the 'angrieffer' fella was saying on Twitter and found he had blocked me!  I had been completely rational and non aggressive with him (just pointing out that we wouldn't sell for less than 50m and explaining riyad's absence from certain photos ), yet he clearly chose to block anyone he thought might come back and take the piss. 

sums up up a gooner - can give it out but can't take it back. Would be great if they failed to make top four again although the risk there is wenger gets the boot and a proper manager turns up. 

Hi didn't block you he deactivated his account, even better :claudio:

15 hours ago, Lesteban said:

Where are the Arsenal fans on our forum when you need them lollollol 

Never been so happy to see thousands of people mugged off twice in a row. Hilarious, couldn't happen to a more embarrassing bunch. If you haven't seen this before, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.... 

Fck me it's saying something when Heavy D is in a video yet his not the most annoying in it, that ginger headed screw face kid makes me wanna do a Jamie Vardy and punch myself in the face

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsene-wenger-unsure-jamie-vardy-8655164

Arsene Wenger has opened up about Arsenal's failed move for Jamie Vardy, insisting that he does not know why the Leicester striker turned down the club.

Arsenal agreed a fee with the Premier League champions for the England striker's services earlier this summer, only to see Vardy opt to stay with the Foxes and pen a new four-year deal at the King Power.

And now Wenger has said that although he respects Vardy's decision to stay put, he is not sure of all the circumstances behind the decision.

“You have to respect decisions of people," he said.

That’s part of it. In every transfer market you have one or two with decisions to make and you have to respect them.

“Look at the whole market. Very little happens. It’s about the availability of players. Huge amounts can be spent on average players.

“On Vardy, you should ask him that question. I cannot answer for him.”

Wenger was also asked Riyad Mahrez, who has also penned a new deal at the Foxes amid interest from the Gunners and was quick to sing his praises.

“I don’t want to speak individually about players," the Frenchman continued.

“He has been outstanding if you look at his numbers. He was top three in terms of goals and assists. He had the best combination in the league."

Arsenal travel to Leicester on Saturday evening and Wenger also admitted that there was no reason the Premier League champions could not repeat their success this season.

"Why not? But I'm, not concerned with that. I'm focused on us."

i think it is safe to say that mahrez is now officially a legend . he had the best individual season for any player that played for this club. the only fox to win the player of the season.  i think depending on how he performs this season. he will have a strong claim in the best player on this club's history title

Archived