Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lgfualol

Harvey Barnes signs new 4-year deal

Excellent news. I hope he gets a chance to shine against Liverpool.

With not getting on at all against West Brom, perhaps the idea is to give him a full 90 in the second game?

I hope he gets an opportunity to play for us this season but it's no big problem if he's not ready yet. The natural step up for him would be Championship football so if he can't force his way in this season, maybe he could do so next season after a year or 6 months tearing the second tier to shreds.

3 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Excellent news. I hope he gets a chance to shine against Liverpool.

With not getting on at all against West Brom, perhaps the idea is to give him a full 90 in the second game?

I hope he gets an opportunity to play for us this season but it's no big problem if he's not ready yet. The natural step up for him would be Championship football so if he can't force his way in this season, maybe he could do so next season after a year or 6 months tearing the second tier to shreds.

You can garuntee if he does the BBC gossip column the next day will read something along the lines of 'klopp in for Leicester starlet barnes' 

Yeah hopefully he goes out on loan, baffling that he's taken out there and isn't given at least half an hour over two friendlies. Feel sorry for any kids trying to break through at this club, we don't seem too willing to give chances unless forced to. 

3 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Shakey not trying him in the first two friendlies then. Unless he appears in the next few I suspect it'll be another loan.

Lets see if he plays a part in domestic friendlies versus lower tier teams. Shakespeare might have been hesitant to throw him in against Premier League teams in crazy humiditiy.      

But I do have to say I would rahter have seen him come on than Musa.

He is there because shakey thinks he can be a productive part of the first team squad - depending on whether riyad leaves. (Imo,If mahrez stays then Barnes goes on loan)

Lawrence is closer to being sold/loaned out so we wanted to see how he fared against PL opposition. 

It's clear from this trip that we won't push Harvey faster than is necessary. 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He is there because shakey thinks he can be a productive part of the first team squad - depending on whether riyad leaves. (Imo,If mahrez stays then Barnes goes on loan)

Lawrence is closer to being sold/loaned out so we wanted to see how he fared against PL opposition. 

It's clear from this trip that we won't push Harvey faster than is necessary. 

Would really prefer to keep Lawrence, there's something there. 

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Lets see if he plays a part in domestic friendlies versus lower tier teams. Shakespeare might have been hesitant to throw him in against Premier League teams in crazy humiditiy.      

But I do have to say I would rahter have seen him come on than Musa.

Fair point. Perhaps Shakey's not comfortable throwing him in the deep end. He did play a little against Porto though but admittedly for a different manager. And I agree re Musa. I'd love to see Shakey get the best out of someone who once looked like a startling talent but even more so if that someone is home grown.

21 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Fair point. Perhaps Shakey's not comfortable throwing him in the deep end. He did play a little against Porto though but admittedly for a different manager. And I agree re Musa. I'd love to see Shakey get the best out of someone who once looked like a startling talent but even more so if that someone is home grown.

If we're considering a friendly the deep end then the kid's got no chance of playing this season.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

If we're considering a friendly the deep end then the kid's got no chance of playing this season.

Well they are premier league clubs. Will be disappointing if we don't see him soon though.

21 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Well they are premier league clubs. Will be disappointing if we don't see him soon though.

It's that sort of mentality from managers that hold these youngsters back though. It's always amazed me how willing the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are to give their best academy players a chance but smaller clubs daren't take the risk. I know why it is, the danger of losing multi millions from relegation so they can't afford to experiment, where as the bigger clubs can. Yet it's the supposed big clubs who are being accused of stunting the progression of English football.

On 25/07/2017 at 09:40, Ric Flair said:

It's that sort of mentality from managers that hold these youngsters back though. It's always amazed me how willing the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are to give their best academy players a chance but smaller clubs daren't take the risk. I know why it is, the danger of losing multi millions from relegation so they can't afford to experiment, where as the bigger clubs can. Yet it's the supposed big clubs who are being accused of stunting the progression of English football.

Quote from Daniel Levy today;

"Our position on transfers is that we have a coach who very much believes in the academy, so unless we can find a player that makes a difference we would rather give one of our young academy players a chance.

The acadamy is important because if we produce our own players we dont have to spend £20m or £30m on a player"

Not only an exmaple of a coach who believes in his ability to coach and develope young talent (Pep Guardiola take note...!!) but also a proper 360 degree view of HOW to run a business and a football club which not only benefits the business/club itself, but also provides young British players with a better opportunity to succeed and potentially strengthens the National teams in the process.

(PS  The Chinese Football Authority has recently reduced the number of overseas players permitted in matchday squads to reduce the growing debts and place greater emphasis on developing Chinese talent!   ANy danger that our footballing authorities/clubs might show the same foresight...?!?) 

Archived