Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

Is it just me that thinks he doesn't really believe in himself as a manager?

Nearly every interview seems to suggest that he is more comfortable as a no 2 rather than being the top man and it feels like he is half admitting that.

I really want him to be a success but I'm not sure he has the confidence in himself to cement himself in the job. :(

Shakey has again reiterated in the presser that he knows we are at our best when we high press and come out the traps fast (paraphrased); something he said before the league game with these last season.

That being the case are the players doing what he has been asking?

Its not happened hardly in the last 10 games, and I do remember him saying towards the end of last season  - they were not doing as they had been instructed.

Thats not good. 

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

oh i remember the time when leicester got few wins after Claudio was gone

and that article from ex phys guy or whatever he was in club,saying that Claudio was not that good guy

oh i remember a lot people here saying "maybe shakey was the one behind won pl and not Claudio"

it was very funny,it is funny now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I sincerely hope the owners are actively talking to agents and candidates. 

Eighty-five million spent and I'm betting even Maguire would be on the bench if Huth was walking fit. If the signings aren't fit enough to play then there are questions about training, if they are fit then it's his team selection and set up that's questionable. Utterly bizarre.

The start of the season was always going to be tough. 

Next 5 games are the ones we’d expect to get points from. Judge Shakespeare then. 

I understand why people don’t like what they see but we’ve not been humiliated in any game and could have got points against two of last season’s top 5. We are still in the cup. Okazaki and Vardy are among the goals. We have new options at Cente back. 

The club messed up badly with Silva so I feel he deserves some slack. Get behind him for Bournemouth away next week. 

• Like 2

One trick pony .

His tenure will always be remembered as a good bloke that got on well with the lads.

( That's why he insisted on Ulloa and James getting new contracts and after winning the premier league we are

faced with the reality of Andy King starting in midfield and Mahrez starting when Gray is obviously more effective).

The way the club has acted since we won the title is naïve to say the least.

I know it might seem tacky to quote myself, but this is what I posted on May 22nd on the "Vichai considering other options" thread:

As much as I'm thankful to Shakey for keeping us up, I'll be disappointed and already worried for the season ahead, if he is named permanent manager.

It wasn't his fault that we had to play 4 games in 10 days due to the ridiculous re-scheduling of fixtures, pretty much rendering our CL campaign over before it was officially over. Or the hangover from the fixture congestion again forcing us to play 3 games in 8 days at the end of the season. Nor was it his fault that we were an injury stricken side going into those last 3 games.

But it was how he reacted when the chips were down that bothered me. After the initial bounce effect pretty much garnered us enough momentum to survive, he was unable to inspire the lads enough to get them out of the rut they were in and we ended the season on a real spiral.

Obviously it's still early, but my feelings from the end of last season are still the same.

I really want to be proved wrong but I can't understand why the owners did'nt thank him for his initial remit of keeping us up and get someone else in who was proven. Or at least try, did they really talk to anyone else?...

Edited by Kendal Fox

It's a real shame, I really like the guy, he just seems to decide to have a go after we go behind, he seems to have very little faith in his team at all. And find it mind boggling that he really seems to fancy giving Andy king plenty of game time a player that to me shouldn't even be good enough for the bench.. Loss at Bournemouth and things may get interesting, I hope for his sake he gets a point and is a little more adventurous than the last games, got a feeling self preservation may come to play with a very defensive line up...