Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

Shakey is such a clown, losing narrowly to these teams like Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal, why can't we get a proper manager, like Marco Silva, he's never put up that kind of embarrassing performance against a top team, or Mark Hughes, proper manager, he wouldn't embarass us against Chelsea .... oh... wait.

It's almost as if playing teams with 90 million pound strikers is actually difficult.

• Like 1

He doesn't come across as confident in his actions and i doubt he can grab this lot by the scruff of the neck to get a reaction. He's out of his depth and should never have got the full time position. 

Nobody in their right mind picks King as part of a 2 against a team with movement. 

For me, he's showing signs that he knows what to do but he's doing it far too late.

He keeps making the same mistakes and then waiting until too late to sort it out.

Today the subs were a bit weird as well. I dunno. 

I want him to do well but I just don't think he's flexible enough and we're being beaten too easily in the first half of games.

He needs to learn and learn quickly but he keeps banging his head against the same wall at the moment.

59 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If you can't see what the difference was between how Ranieri played the players in a 442 compared to NP then how we won the Premiership will always remain a mystery to you.

And if Shakespeare can't see why the 442 isn't working without Kante and Drinkwater and insists in playing the same system with inadequate players, then it will be a mystery to him why he's been sacked.

Pish. We played counter attacking football with a high pressure game under Pearson too. We started in the 3-5-2 formation in the great escape and was able to switch back to 4-4-2 when required, we played the same style of football, which created a wave of momentum, which Ranieri very graciously rode, but then fell off spectacularly when he needed to build again to keep it going. Ranieri is quoted as saying he didn't want Kante as well, imagine if Walsh hadn't of stepped in there!  No league win!

Agreed on a need for change with our current squad though. 3 5 2 would work I feel. I think Chillwell and Albrighton would both excel as wing backs. And I think we could get the best out if King and N didi if we had Iborra as a CDM. 

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Could say guardiola, klopp, Wenger don't have plan B's hardly any manager has a plan B! We've lost games against the top 4. Calm down 

Fed up of people saying this.  We are in the premier league.  You play good teams.  Burnley and even Stoke have had good results against so called top teams but its ok for us to lose against them.  You stay up by the results of your performances at home, regardless of whom you play.  So far we have played three losing two winning one,  If you look at our last fourteen fixtures we are showing the signs of a team destined for the Championship on the results achieved.

• Like 1

Nonsense 

If we had beaten Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool we'd be on course to win the league.

To say nothing else will do and suggest we should sack our manager if he doesn't beat these teams is daft.

Of course we'd like to beat them and we certainly want to beat them but to make beating them a minimum requirement to keep your job is to set the bar so high we'd sack almost every manager we ever appointed.

Give CS six moths and then if we're in a poor position reassess. Some may say that's too late but we may regret acting too

hastilt.

3 hours ago, foxhateram said:

The same Claudio that kept us playing the same 4-4-2 formation and tactics that Pearson had success with?  The same Claudio that used the same squad that had carried unbelievable momentum from the season before?

Under Pearson we played each and every formation that was

ever invented and some, that nobody had ever seen before.

4-4-2 was only one of them.

The result of all that tinkering was that we spent more than

4 months at the bottom of the table. During the 'Great

Escape'  we played 3-5-2, not 4-4-2.

Ranieri didn't simply use the same squad from the

season before. He turned Drinkwater and Simpson (who

didn't play a single minute during the 'Great Escape')

from bench-sitters into starters and integrated Fuchs,

Okazaki and Kante into the team.

And he decided to play 4-4-2, instead of 3-5-2.

You are obviously a die-hard Pearson fan, but you should,

at least, get your facts right. 

Edited by Struwwelpeter60
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just in case people think I'm not grateful for what Pearson did for us during his times at Leicester .......... I am

But Claudio took it to another level which is fact, OK there was Luck, Pizza's, Humour and of course a Trophey beyond our wildest dreams at the end of it.

For whatever reason it just didn't work out for both parties at the end of it, so we and he moved on.

The question is not a Claudio or Pearson issue, It's ..... Is Shakespeare the right man for the job ?

At the moment it does not appear so, I for one wasn't over the moon with the appointment but I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

I think the owners have there own Plan B and he's sitting Belgium waiting in the wings, If we're 10 games in with 4 points expect movements.

But lest we forget:

image.png.212075b5987efb6fc7462e9d9c4df1a0.png

This man was at the helm when the most amazing thing in our history happened..........:worship:

Edited by Chico1958
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, foxhateram said:

Pish. We played counter attacking football with a high pressure game under Pearson too. We started in the 3-5-2 formation in the great escape and was able to switch back to 4-4-2 when required, we played the same style of football, which created a wave of momentum, which Ranieri very graciously rode, but then fell off spectacularly when he needed to build again to keep it going. Ranieri is quoted as saying he didn't want Kante as well, imagine if Walsh hadn't of stepped in there!  No league win!

Agreed on a need for change with our current squad though. 3 5 2 would work I feel. I think Chillwell and Albrighton would both excel as wing backs. And I think we could get the best out if King and N didi if we had Iborra as a CDM. 

Didn't see much of those pressing tactics when for the majority of the season whilst Pearson was doing his best to get us relegated and keep us rock bottom. As for the great escape,  it was shit or bust time,  doubt he had much control over that it was so out of character. 

Do you really think Ranieri rode on the coat tails of the tactical pygmy Pearson?

Vardy had scored 5 goals that season under Pearson who had either played him wide left or behind the main striker. Remind me what Ranieri did and what happened. We'd been leaking goals left right and centre, so Ranieri dumped wingbacks DeLeat and Schlupp and replaced with Simpson (who hither to couldn't get a game under Pearson) and Fuchs. Yes, a conventional Italian esque back four which particularly helped to allow Marhez go forward. If it wasn't working, his substitutions were usually exceptional and could be made at any time, even half time, but you always had to wait until at least 60 minutes for one of NPS headscratching contributions to the game.

As for Ranieri's teams demise the next season its a different matter entirely and I like many have my theory. But, for that one season Ranieri was masterclass and had a good previous managerial record which bears scrutiny commensurate with a differing approach to hiring and firing in Italy. Pearson had no good record before and has been unceremoniously dumped out of his one effort since.

NP did a brilliant job for us here at Leicester and we shall be forever greatful  (particularly in getting rid of that shower left by the clown Ericsson). I even liked his pricklyness in interviews and certainly his no nonsense style, there was huge amounts to admire but....he was found wanting in the Premiership which is no disgrace as many have. Will he have learned from it...possibly. He would never in a million years have won the Premier league with us that year though, that needed Ranieri who was a genius that year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxhateram said:

What a load of nonsense that is. You must have a short memory. 

We've had four tough games, true, but given the fact we are an established Premier League side now, League winners or not, to get a return of zero points from those games isn't good enough. A point would have been disappointing, three or four would have been acceptable. Arsenal and Liverpool were awful defensively, Chelsea weren't at their best, we'll never know about Man Utd because we never got into the game. At least two of those to me have been lost due to poor tactics and substitutions.

I hope to god we're not going down the route of the Great Escape season where we're talking about fine margins all the time.

Edited by Livid
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, foxhateram said:

Wish this thread would do one! It's there at the top after every loss. Just give us time. We are transitioning, and still paying the price for Claudio's shit tinkering with our club! And his god awful ineffective signings. 

Once we have Iborra, Nacho and Silva all fit and ready to go then I think we'll be good. Shakey has had the worst luck with squad injuries. 

Wish those moaning about King wpuld also do one! The bloke nearly scored today and made some damn good challenges that got us back on the front foot, if that had been N'Didi then everyone would be hailing him as the new Kante. 

There's a big difference between transforming and regressing. 

19 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Shakey has again reiterated in the presser that he knows we are at our best when we high press and come out the traps fast (paraphrased); something he said before the league game with these last season.

That being the case are the players doing what he has been asking?

Its not happened hardly in the last 10 games, and I do remember him saying towards the end of last season  - they were not doing as they had been instructed.

Thats not good. 

This is what we should be doing for sure, this suggests the players are not respecting his wishes as manager.

At the end of the day it is a results business so he's under big pressure having lost 4 of our first 6 but let's have a little perspective, we've had a far from easy start and it's only small margins we've lost by. Sacking him now would be ridiculous. For me, our next 5 games will decide his fate 

Bournemouth away 

West brom home

Swansea away

Everton home 

Stoke away 

These games are huge, no more excuses of having a tough start etc, these will have a huge impact on our season! 

• Like 1

The Club are in a difficult position here.  The Team are under re-sourced (through no fault of Shakey).  Results are dire and performances not good.

So if the Owners choose to bin Shakey early doors, does anyone seriously think our DoF will be able to recruit anyone better?

If Shakey goes, then so must the DoF and entire the Scouting and Recruitment Team (as they are pants of the highest order).   Otherwise nothing will fundamentally change.

I hope Shakey turns this around starting with a formation change next week.  

And when are the Club going to say anything about the Silva situation?  The PR and Communications Team need sorting out too while we are at it.   

• Like 2

Anyone who thought he'd get more than six or max nine points from these matches was living in a fantasy world.

He's a new manager without even lower league managerial experience nevermind premier league experience.

We've opted to train up a new manager at the highest level, something I don't mind since there are few English managers at this level.

If wanted to be a top 10 team we would have coughed up the money for a manager with experience and a reputation.

We didn't. We choose to train up a coach as a manager. This is what you get.

As long as he improves, keeps up above relegation, and we reap the benefits of his improvements over the years then it's fine by me.

12 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

At the end of the day it is a results business so he's under big pressure having lost 4 of our first 6 but let's have a little perspective, we've had a far from easy start and it's only small margins we've lost by. Sacking him now would be ridiculous. For me, our next 5 games will decide his fate 

Bournemouth away 

West brom home

Swansea away

Everton home 

Stoke away 

These games are huge, no more excuses of having a tough start etc, these will have a huge impact on our season! 

Well said.......... agree whole heartedly   :thumbup:

• Like 1

Remembering back two years - was a decent season as I recall

after six games we had 12 points. Considerably easier games and managed to eek out results. Game seven was the 2-5 Arsenal 

IMG_0631.thumb.PNG.5a1c64cd285b7c4c91e4dad506bdeac0.PNG

pretty confident that we won't have conceded 15 by the end of game seven this season. We won't have scored 15 either!!  it's about perspective I think. We steamrollered a very poor Sunderland. rode our luck second half at West Ham. Managed to rescue a point home to Spurs (odd game given the heat that day). Come backs at home to villa and away at Stoke. (Almost managed twice this season but couldn't quite make it). We started the season drinky and king in midfield with NG first starting against Arsenal? (Poss villa). Anyway, the point I'm making is it's fine margins as many have said before. What pleased me about yesterday was we didn't look as impotent as we did at Huddersfield, both physically and mentally. Big game next weekend and shakey has the chance to 'revolutionise' our season with system/personnel in the same way as Claudio did by changing full backs and mindset after the Arsenal defeat. There is a very decent back three in our squad, especially once huth is fit. If we could get silva across the line then he, ndidi and Iborra could be an excellent midfield three with james and king as cover. Chilwell and albrighton could be amongst the best wing backs in the division. Mahrez/gray/slimani/kelechi/vardy - pick any two from 5 up top. 

Just needs shakey and appleton to see it and have the bollux to do it!! 

Edited by st albans fox