Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

On the plus side, I'm currently at my caravan at the East Coast (no, that's not the plus bit) and chatting to a Hull City season ticket holder. He said, with no uncertainty, we've signed a class act in Maguire. This fella believes he'll go on to play for England.

Not a plus for us in Norfolk that's for sure. If you are in Yarmouth gives us a shout and we can have a pint. Your round lol 

I do believe Shakespeare is the right man for us right now. He knows more about the Club and players than anyone.

I'd expect to re establish some of Pearson's methods and get his own people in.  He's hampered by the players left over from last Summer in that if we can't move them out then He's probably restricted in bringing replacements in.

I do expect us to do ok and I fancy a good Cup run this season. As our style is perfect for Cup football.

On Sunday, July 30, 2017 at 00:16, gcxttle said:

Personally, at the end of? the season, once it was confirmed we were safe, we looked pretty spineless, especially in that Spurs game. After a few disappointing performances, gathered, in pre-season, are you 100% sure of the tactics being used or do you have faith? For me, it's tell tale signs of a honeymoon period for a manager, which ultimately kept us last year, but afterwards, it just goes all wrong. I hope I'm judging these signs wrong but I'm just curious to see what other peoples opinions are.

Sorry,..Just cant cant   or wont understand the need for this negative attitude. Typical East midland grumps..I suppose!!

First we have posts, that put down players before their careers get off the ground...

Now we are doing it AGAIN !!  With a new Manager...!!

Foxestalk experts/Pundits....Jesus and then  they have the cheek to criticise the TV pundits.

God help us...We are doomed....

I'll take it further....Should we boo and protest now over the owners.....:unsure:

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Sorry,..Just cant cant   or wont understand the need for this negative attitude. Typical East midland grumps..I suppose!!

First we have posts, that put down players before their careers get off the ground...

Now we are doing it AGAIN !!  With a new Manager...!!

Foxestalk experts/Pundits....Jesus and then  they have the cheek to criticise the TV pundits.

God help us...We are doomed....

I'll take it further....Should we boo and protest now over the owners.....:unsure:

I agree boo the owners every week. Don't give up untill the stadium holds 75k and we get free season tickets. Oh and they give a fifty pound note free with every shirt. Does anything need to be added?

Balti pies.

Edited by sylofox
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I agree boo the owners every week. Don't give up untill the stadium holds 75k and we get free season tickets. Oh and they give a fifty pound note free with every shirt. Does anything need to be added?

Balti pies.

16 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Balti pies.

Its the Balti pies, that does it for me....So here goes....Booooooooo :P

6 hours ago, Bryn said:

I just can't escape the feeling that we needed revolution. The title winners are ageing and have been figured out and I'm seeing no signs that we've adapted.

I think for us to become a perennial top half Prem team we needed an almost entirely new back four (I'd keep Simpson and make Chilwell first choice, plus two new centrebacks) and to move to a midfieid three, with some ability to retain possession but also trigger rapid counter attacks. It's all well and good being lethal on the counter but only having one pace to play at is predictable even if that pace is lightning.

For the future of the club we really need to look to our academy and development squad as well. Outside of the economic leviathans of the game that is the only way to compete at the top; see the likes of Spurs/Monaco/Porto.

When you say revolution, be weary. Cutting a load of players and then signing a load over the course of a single summer rarely works. 

It needs to be a slow replacement of the squad. 4/5 in the summer, 1/2 January and carry on. There has to been continuity. 

Your latter paragraph makes a lot of sense but such thinking is not at our club. We have director level staff in the dark ages who keep their mates in academy roles. 

10 hours ago, cc_star said:

Statto seems to be down at the moment

But I'm sure Shakey's Leicester team was 6th in the league if you take the table as the day he took over through ti the end of the season

Considering the game against Sevilla & two against Atletico where he had to manage resting in a way that he won't have to again.... That's blooming amazing.

My concern is we could be bottom 3 after 6 games (given strength of opposition) and have the stuffing knocked out of us, potentially looking for a yet another manager by October

I doubt it. We have no excuses to not beat Brighton to be honest. Newly promoted or not.

We are gonna line up with Gray, Mahrez, Vardy, Iheanacho and Ndidi against Arsenal and tear them a new one with intensity, pace and skill.

Then all this doubt will disappear.

Pre season performances mean sod all. Players are too busy worrying about fitness and being injury free.

Shakey has shown his tactical acumen, albeit under pressure free circumstances, give him time.

• Like 1

He's had a good taste towards the end of last season, and now he has the opportunity to 'start from the beginning'.

It's quite fair to give him 6-8 games before we judge whether he's the man to take the team forward - although I know some such as on here will criticise him and judge him from the word go,

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's had a good taste towards the end of last season, and now he has the opportunity to 'start from the beginning'.

It's quite fair to give him 6-8 games before we judge whether he's the man to take the team forward - although I know some such as on here will criticise him and judge him from the word go,

Looking at our starting 6 games, I'd give him at least half a season before judging tbh.

Enough games left to dig ourselves out of a relegation hole if worst came to worst.

• Like 1

As long as he keeps us up and our youth team progresses into the first team I'll be happy.

If he can weather the initial storm and beat Brighton and Huddesfield he'll be okay I think.

If he loses the first seven it'll be difficult to argue we should give him more of a chance that we gave to Ranieri.

8 hours ago, brucey said:

Looking at our starting 6 games, I'd give him at least half a season before judging tbh.

Enough games left to dig ourselves out of a relegation hole if worst came to worst.

I agree with you on some points but if we lose to the big teams that's fine but it's how we lose that matters e.g trying, togetherness  but lose like we did to spurs like last season then surely he has to go!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brucey said:

I hope we fans think this way. Our start is so tough I expect a general feeling of depression early on! Got to give the man a chance, he's earned the opportunity. 

His media comments are becoming risky 

once you start calling out players your on the slippery slide to losing the dressing room 

you only need factions to develop and the dressing room will be lost 

right now I'm worried for Shaky ... 

just a feeling I have that the job has all of a sudden become too big for him 

12 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

His media comments are becoming risky 

once you start calling out players your on the slippery slide to losing the dressing room 

you only need factions to develop and the dressing room will be lost 

right now I'm worried for Shaky ... 

just a feeling I have that the job has all of a sudden become too big for him 

The dressing room knows Benalouane is sh*t, don't worry.