Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Is Shakespeare the right man for the job?

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

Media comments becoming risky & calling out players?!?! Are you high?

He was completely right in what he said about Benny and I guarantee every player in the dressing room completely agrees along with 99.99% of fans.

His attitude towards the challenge & comments after showed discipline and set an example.

Player power is a strange and twisting creature.... never under estimate it's strange and dangerous ability to have a good man sacked 

Benny will have friends in that dressing room they will feel sorry for him and feel that him showing determination and guts ( shaky and 99% will say reckless, but his mates will say determination and guts) has led to him being scapegoated for a shocking performance , there is no way everyone in that group will be happy with how it has been managed ! To believe so shows little understanding of the group mentality and bond appreciation between team-mates 

very few managers in the modern world of soft money Rich players get away with publically calling out players ...  very very few , even Jose got the bullet for doing it 

im just saying these issues have a cumulative effect .... and they cause factions ! 

Another issue is  Mahrez why is he even taking questions about that situation ... leave it to the press team or DOF ... that also will have made some in squad uneasy .... as it can be seen as briefing against potentially the best player in the squad ! It's not a subject he has to talk about ! The press team should advice him to make it off limits ... Mahrez is by proxy being reprimanded in public , and that's never good in a team sport ... it leads to factions  

Im worried for Shaky right now 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

No way in a million could anyone judge that tackle has determined or guts. It was a cowards tackle. A wild attempt which showed no regard for his fellow professional. That might be players there who knew the recipient and they will certainly be on his side.

Throttling your missus and getting arrested by the police in the normal world would have you isolated and shunned... In football La la land it has you get slaps on the back and told how great you are 

wild tackles get celebrated ... Laughed about , banter .... When in fact they are common assault in many cases 

football has a twisted moral compass with dressing rooms ... And getting more twisted by the day 

there will be some (small group) of his mates who all feel he was public thrown under the bus by the manager , he now has to bench every player that manages to evade a red for a naught horrible incident , does he bench Vardy for diving ? Huth for swinging an elbow etc..... Does he call out someone again .... Precidents  are set by such actions 

I really hope I'm wrong , but as someone in the media said to me today .... these are John Carver like moments very harsh but I could see what he meant , I think it was  8pts in 8 games is how we ended last season ?  if we start 8 point is 8 games the pressure will start to rise ......

the next 8-12 games are the biggest of shakys career .... Massive 

16 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Throttling your missus and getting arrested by the police in the normal world would have you isolated and shunned... In football La la land it has you get slaps on the back and told how great you are 

wild tackles get celebrated ... Laughed about , banter .... When in fact they are common assault in many cases 

football has a twisted moral compass with dressing rooms ... And getting more twisted by the day 

there will be some (small group) of his mates who all feel he was public thrown under the bus by the manager , he now has to bench every player that manages to evade a red for a naught horrible incident , does he bench Vardy for diving ? Huth for swinging an elbow etc..... Does he call out someone again .... Precidents  are set by such actions 

I really hope I'm wrong , but as someone in the media said to me today .... these are John Carver like moments very harsh but I could see what he meant , I think it was  8pts in 8 games is how we ended last season ?  if we start 8 point is 8 games the pressure will start to rise ......

Yes, let's arbitrarily look at the last 8 games because they follow 5 straight wins and serve your point better.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

You're reading way to far into his comment. It's exactly the sort of thing Nigel Pearson would say, we're a team who need a manager that says it how it is and that's exactly what Shakespeare is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Player power is a strange and twisting creature.... never under estimate it's strange and dangerous ability to have a good man sacked 

Benny will have friends in that dressing room they will feel sorry for him and feel that him showing determination and guts ( shaky and 99% will say reckless, but his mates will say determination and guts) has led to him being scapegoated for a shocking performance , there is no way everyone in that group will be happy with how it has been managed ! To believe so shows little understanding of the group mentality and bond appreciation between team-mates 

very few managers in the modern world of soft money Rich players get away with publically calling out players ...  very very few , even Jose got the bullet for doing it 

im just saying these issues have a cumulative effect .... and they cause factions ! 

Another issue is  Mahrez why is he even taking questions about that situation ... leave it to the press team or DOF ... that also will have made some in squad uneasy .... as it can be seen as briefing against potentially the best player in the squad ! It's not a subject he has to talk about ! The press team should advice him to make it off limits ... Mahrez is by proxy being reprimanded in public , and that's never good in a team sport ... it leads to factions  

Im worried for Shaky right now 

Mate, you're making a mountain out of a molehill and making wild assumptions that are just fantasy.

You're looking into it far too much if u think there's any unrest in the squad because of what Shakey said or because he answers a question from a journalist about Riyad.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I've had a good long read of the FC Nantes forums this evening while waiting for the Nacho announcement.

Their fans are generally pretty unimpressed with CR so far..

They've done equally as badly in their preseason as we have. W1 D2 L2 vs lower league opposition

Lots of moaning.. rubbish transfer window, no one coming in, players rumoured to be unhappy and wanting to leave.. 

Apparently CR getting paid 5m a year.. Their owner didn't let him bring in a DOF, only a chief scout, some friction there

Double training sessions... playing 5 defenders.. no longer pressing like the previous manager did..

Being overly defensive but end up conceding anyway.. Reluctance to pass the halfway line, 0 goals in the last 3 preseason games..

Even his press conferences providing little useful information has come up again...

Sounds painfully familiar and I'd take Shakes any day :dry:

Edited by brucey

26 minutes ago, brucey said:

For what it's worth, I've had a good long read of the FC Nantes forums this evening while waiting for the Nacho announcement.

Their fans are generally pretty unimpressed with CR so far..

They've done equally as badly in their preseason as we have. W1 D2 L2 vs lower league opposition

Lots of moaning.. rubbish transfer window, no one coming in, players rumoured to be unhappy and wanting to leave.. 

Apparently CR getting paid 5m a year.. Their owner didn't let him bring in a DOF, only a chief scout, some friction there

Double training sessions... playing 5 defenders.. no longer pressing like the previous manager did..

Being overly defensive but end up conceding anyway.. Reluctance to pass the halfway line, 0 goals in the last 3 preseason games..

Even his press conferences providing little useful information has come up again...

Sounds painfully familiar and I'd take Shakes any day :dry:

Put some money on Nantes winning the league.

T  o be fair to Shakey his signings have been better than Ranieri's. He's filled the weaknesses where he feels we have some. If he had managed to get Evans also we'd be a really strong team. I'm not so sure he's finished with signings yet. 

Ignore the pre season games, they don't mean anything really. Fitness is what they're mainly for.

I expect we will see better tonight as they formation starts to take shape. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2017 at 19:41, FireFox said:

I have never thought he was the right man for the job long-term.

^

He has so little experience actually being the/a manager. Yes, he has top-flight experience as assistant and knows the group, but his inexperience as the actual man in charge making the important decisions will cost us. Do I think he can become a great manager? Yes, it is possible, but I don't think he should have started his managerial career as full-time manager of a top-flight club.

If we can improve defensively and keep the intensity of the attacking side then we should have enough to beat the sides around and below us and possibly a couple of the top teams as well.

His big test is next week- a home game will we be expected to win. 

• Like 1

Didn't really feel it when he was appointed, not sure he has what it takes to manage, very good coach, but big pressure for his first real shot at management.

Far, far to early to predict how he will do, but if he picks the form players, not the name, learns from his naivety quickly, I have seen enough tonight, that the players we have, managed right, could do really well this season.

Will he make the end of the season?, don't know, but hope so, sick of the manager merry go round.

Shakespeare wasn't perfect but he took us as near to victory at arsenal as we've been for a while and presiding over a thrilling game. 

He made mistakes just like the players but there were lots of positives too and we could so easily have been sitting top of the premiership tonigHTC had we added the finishing touches to a commendable effort and shown just a little more faith and awareness.

• Like 3

The players were up for it from the start and nobody can say they didn't put a shift in. That is down to playing for Shakespeare.

He has to think about the subs he made, reminds me a lot of Pearson, left it too late and the subs negatively effected our game. I would have gone for Okazaki for Kelechi on 60 minutes.

Then Mahrez for Chilwell and Amartey for James or Vardy. Of course that wouldn't have guaranteed us seeing out the game, but it would have kept our shape, as soon as Amartey came on for Okazaki you could see the attitude change and it was just hang on desperately we stopped playing football. Learn from it and don't make the same mistake again.

• Like 1