Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Vardy to Man Utd

This is classic mourinho and i cant believe everyone is falling for his jedi mind tricks. Leak a story to the press about a mysterious 3 man shortlist to try to get a reaction out of the mentioned players for the big games coming up. Leicester have Uniteds rivals Chelsea.

I can see Man U needing a goal scorer, but this is obviously just speculation by the press. If true, I wouldn't blame him if he went, I'd be disappointed as he still has a lot to offer us.

Good luck Vardy, whatever happens. It would be another interesting chapter in a very interesting story.

Just so pleased we have Ulloh and Musa in reserve.  Our recruitment team are so forward thinking - God we are so lucky to have these guys on board.

Edited by mozartfox
Why not

I’m sure he’d get limited game time and no goals at Man U. No fast break on the shoulder of defenders just tippy tippy football around the box and Vardy looking like he does for England..... A spare part. Terrible move for him.

I'd be devastated if he leaves, he's the embodiment of this team and there's nobody like him. He's becoming less dependent in this system of Puel's but make no mistake he is so important to us and a big game player to boot. I've always worried that he'd leave us as he enters the vintage years of his career where he knows he hasn't got that long left. That said, he won't take any decision lightly and he knows he'll be our main man for several years where as at a bigger club if he doesn't get in I could honestly see his career declining rapidly. I know that sounds silly but his game is all about being confident and being top boy, when he's out of form he's horrific. Thankfully he's getting to the age now where I don't think anyone will pay what we value him at which will be north of £40-50 million.

Won't happen. He's pretty much priceless to us and on a good wage. No one is going to fork out the money it would take for us to accept and offer him a 3 year contract at the age of 31.

From his point of view as well I would not risk anything with the World Cup in the summer. At the moment he should be on the plane and if he stays here he is guaranteed first-team football within a team that builds itself around his strengths. If he goes to Man Utd he will be a rotation player and risks losing his World Cup dream.

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Won't happen. He's pretty much priceless to us and on a good wage. No one is going to fork out the money it would take for us to accept and offer him a 3 year contract at the age of 31.

From his point of view as well I would not risk anything with the World Cup in the summer. At the moment he should be on the plane and if he stays here he is guaranteed first-team football within a team that builds itself around his strengths. If he goes to Man Utd he will be a rotation player and risks losing his World Cup dream.

He is well worth a 3 year contract.  Basically part time until he was mid 20s says his knees have a few years in them yet.

Odd rumour for me tbh, considering they've already got the likes of Rashford and that there already, also Vardy wouldn't be a starter like he is here, he'd be on the bench with Lukaku starting most the time, 

Given he's on good money here and is number 1 upfront here, I can't see him moving to another club where he's going to be 2/3 choice all told. 

Sounds like a filler rumour, that always come about during a transfer window 

10 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

I think Vardy and Mourinho would hate each other. Please don't go Jamie :(

Can't agree with that. I think Mourinho would love him. Great for the dressing room, works hard for himself and the team, scores in big games, winds up other players/opposition fans. 

Just don't see it. Surely this is his chance for playing in a World Cup. He's not going to risk messing that up by going somewhere where he won't necessarily get regular football. He always seems really happy here these days, I don't have any worries about him going anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Cant see it happening but if it did I would need at least a month off work.

Haha, yep. My boss is a Liverpool fan, and he was warned that the Mahrez > Liverpool rumours were true, I would be entering a three month grieving process...