Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Swansea City (H) Pre Match Thread

11 minutes ago, Usafox1 said:

Some already want Ndidi dropped. I dare Puel to drop him!

Mental to drop the guy leading the prem with tackles just because of some misplaced passes. Meanwhile everyone else like Albrighton toepoke the ball to the other team for 90 minutes each week and they're in. 

Mahrez can sit on the bench as an unused sub. Need to see Silva starting, possibly with Iborra and Ndidi somehow.

Okazaki can come on as an impact sub later in the match to spell either Silva or Iborra, pushing one of them back to a midfield role. Nacho can come on for Vardy.

Edited by UPinCarolina

As I said in the pre-Everton thread, Simmo for Amartey and Silva for James.

Diabate also for Gray (unless Mahrez fancies turning up, that is)

Toss up between Chilwell and Fuchs as both are mediocre at present.

I'd be inclined to keep Okazaki in as Iheanacho is a more useful impact sub.

46 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Just **** everything up. 

Kasper

Amartey Dragović maguire 

Albrighton                    chilwell

Ndidi        silva

Iborra 

Nacho       Vardy 

No need for a pissy Mahrez or invisible gray. Load the box, stick the ball in it. Waste of time crossing the ball with only Vardy in there. 

I like that side but I would swap positions with Silva and Iborra. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Just **** everything up. 

Kasper

Amartey Dragović maguire 

Albrighton                    chilwell

Ndidi        silva

Iborra 

Nacho       Vardy 

No need for a pissy Mahrez or invisible gray. Load the box, stick the ball in it. Waste of time crossing the ball with only Vardy in there. 

You’ll get my vote when Puel retires, like the look of that a lot. 

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Mental to drop the guy leading the prem with tackles just because of some misplaced passes. Meanwhile everyone else like Albrighton toepoke the ball to the other team for 90 minutes each week and they're in. 

It seems odd how much vitriol he got. Yes, he lost the ball and misplaced passes much too much, but:

- he almost scored a goal;

- he won a penalty;

- he made 4 tackles and won 6 headers, so he did do what his primary job is.

Time for the captains to do their job and focus the players... remind them they are on the crusp of a European spot ( even if that is  just the euro) and they have GOT to focus with or without Mahrez. Same chat needs to be had with Mahrez but maybe seperately....

Manager can say all he wants but this feels like a peer on peer situation.

Captains and vice captains! Time to earn that accolade!

11 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

It seems odd how much vitriol he got. Yes, he lost the ball and misplaced passes much too much, but:

- he almost scored a goal;

- he won a penalty;

- he made 4 tackles and won 6 headers, so he did do what his primary job is.

I think Ndidi's job was made very difficult yesterday by a poor performance from James.  James was lost in that midfield and as a result ndidi was over run.  As much as I want things to go well for James, I think he was the root of a lot of our problems.  But for the first 15-20 mins he couldn't keep up and that left the defence exposed as Ndidi was pulled everywhere and left no link from attack to defense (heightened by the absence of Mahrez).  Ndidi is great at what he does, but needs to have someone along side him that is good at keeping thing ticking over.  For me, that is Silva, possibly Iborra... but not James.

19 hours ago, StanSP said:

same. Expect Silva and Diabate to start and maybe Kelechi (how he didn't score today I do not know). 

Expect Fuchs to come in for Chilwell, too. Latter had a mare today for both goals.

Regardless of who comes in though, it has to be a better performance today. Tempted to say it's our worst performance as a whole all season, maybe on a par with Palace at home. 

Difference was Palace played very well

One bad result in a game played in very difficult circumstances and everyone wants to ring the changes. Personally would go for something like this.

Kasper

Amartey   Maguire  Dragovic   Chilwell (Rock solid for the last month and a half apart from yesterday)

Ndidi       James

Diabate/Gray      Shinji      Albrighton

Vardy

Taking out yesterdays game for me the only player in that team underperforming/in bad for is Gray. 

23 hours ago, goose2010 said:

I would paly Mahrez why wouldn't you it's no difference to the start of the season for me. He is ours he plays he sulks he comes off end of. 

According to the Press Mahrez has gone AWOL. If true, you'll have to find him first!

James was dire last night no doubt but in his defence the conditions might have played a part in that.

On a night like that he was bound to be a bit wary of something going wrong again. I say Coleman for them was worried with the conditions too.

Reckon he's done just enough over the last month not to be written off totally.

Do we think Mahrez will be in the right state of mind for this? I’ve heard he’s been listening to The Smiths on repeat on his IPod. His favourites are ‘Heaven knows I’m miserable now’ and ‘Stop me if you think you’ve heard this one before’ 

Edited by foxfanazer