Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

10 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I know I'm late to it, as I've been out all day, but is the Bournemouth goalie making acrobatic showy saves which should be simpler, or is he having a blinder? 

The former, a fine gymnastics display :-)

19 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I keep reading this argument that Liverpool have got to where they have by spending less money but the facts don't stand up. £60m on Keita, £66m on Allison and £75m on van Dijk. One equals Man City's record transfer fee and the other two surpass it. Liverpool have spent their fair share which is why if they don't win the league this season it should be viewed as a failure, even if they have played some great stuff along the way.

I saw Klopp was already laying the foundations last week in case they don't win it by claiming they have been the 'team of the season'. Sounds like Spurs in 2016.

I hope Man City win it.

Yeah but they've sold Coutinho for £140m which paid for Van Dyjk and Allison. I can't think of any major feee received for Man City players - on a net basis they far exceed Liverpool's spending. 

I'm not saying Man City are not worthy because of their spending. You still need to spend that money well and have a competent manager - they have all of those things. They've barely built to get to where they are now and have shortcutted their way to the top. I'm not saying it's wrong but it's just why i dont like them more than the scousers .

7 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I keep reading this argument that Liverpool have got to where they have by spending less money but the facts don't stand up. £60m on Keita, £66m on Allison and £75m on van Dijk. One equals Man City's record transfer fee and the other two surpass it. Liverpool have spent their fair share which is why if they don't win the league this season it should be viewed as a failure, even if they have played some great stuff along the way.

I saw Klopp was already laying the foundations last week in case they don't win it by claiming they have been the 'team of the season'. Sounds like Spurs in 2016.

I hope Man City win it.

Why shouldn't any manager,Poch,Klopp,Warnock...whoever shout if out for "their" team

But your right,no matter how you dress it...both Man.city & l'pool have spent Hellava  alot of dosh....

I like L'pool,especially from last season & some early parts of this year....

But Man.city have majority of the time played the smoother,higher quality football,over longer periods,they started their surge some seasons ago..

Who ever ends up lifting the pot,after 38 games they have  proven they deserved it....Since March these 2 were the best and uncatchable!!

I have no ifs,buts,or snidey jealous statements...

Playing tic-tac-toe,on he said they said moments,over the year is a sport for losers...no points are gained,no moral ground retaken...

One of either Pep or Klopps teams will be deservingly lifting the trophy,that is the only thing that counts....

just like next season when Brendan lifts it for us...:scarf:

8 minutes ago, shailen said:

Yeah but they've sold Coutinho for £140m which paid for Van Dyjk and Allison. I can't think of any major feee received for Man City players - on a net basis they far exceed Liverpool's spending. 

I'm not saying Man City are not worthy because of their spending. You still need to spend that money well and have a competent manager - they have all of those things. They've barely built to get to where they are now and have shortcutted their way to the top. I'm not saying it's wrong but it's just why i dont like them more than the scousers .

Not in 2018/19 they don't. Man City have a net spend of £20m but that isn't what I'm saying. My point is that Liverpool's spending tends to be glossed over by folk because Klopp has built a side. And he has but they have spent, even £150m in 2017/18. Whoever wins the league obviously deserves it but they are on a level playing field here, Liverpool are by no means an underdog.

Can see us somehow breaking Man C 12 win run, for Wolves to then do the same to Liverpool next weekend.  Has been a great battle between the two teams, but it would be fun too see the faces on all my Liverpool supporting mates especially if they mess it up on the final day. 

40 minutes ago, shailen said:

I tend to agree.  The other thing I would point out is that Liverpool are a genuinely massive club built up over generations. 

Man City are an artificially massive club.  Really, they have no right to be were they are or to spend the transfer money that they have.  Just dumb luck.

• Like 2

Now we are coming to the dying embers of 2018/19 season,though there still some sparks left to poke and stoke up....

I just want to say...I am already looking towards next season...We will now have it seems some clubs who  to want to give us a run

For our money,and want to prove its them that are worthy to take the Also-ran-top-spot....or even compete with us for an hopeful

top 4-6 spot!!!I

So..Everton,Wolves,Watford,Newcastle,W.Ham..enjoy your summerbreak....plus Chelsea,Arsenal,Manutd,Spurs ,look behind you,

It could be >you <  missing out on the coconut-shy!!!  No matter how much more goes you have,it still has to be paid for.!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

You don’t really support Leicester do you?

Fancy wanting us to lose 5-0.

we’re going to finish either 8th or 9th. there is literally no difference. our season is over, i’d struggle to care too much about our result at this stage of a normal season, let alone a season where our result could give liverpool the title. 

us finishing 9th and them finishing 2nd is at least 8 billion times more preferable than us finishing 8th and them finishing 1st. 

so so obviously i want us to lose. not sure what is so hard for people to understand, here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

we’re going to finish either 8th or 9th. there is literally no difference. our season is over, i’d struggle to care too much about our result at this stage of a normal season, let alone a season where our result could give liverpool the title. 

us finishing 9th and them finishing 2nd is at least 8 billion times more preferable than us finishing 8th and them finishing 1st. 

so so obviously i want us to lose. not sure what is so hard for people to understand, here. 

But..but..why!!!!  Even if you are a blue-scouser

why do you hate so.... the best team North of Nottingham..I just find it so hard to believe..:unsure: or to understand,the world is going mad...:facepalm:

Newcastle don't belong in the same sentence as Everton, Leicester and Wolves. But regardless, look at the state of Man Utd. How the mighty have fallen.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

There is still a Europe to play for, we win both our games and Wolves lose their last game, we get 7th. I want that for us and I don't care who wins the league. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Wasn't there a rule in for retrospective action against dives? Be interesting to see if any will be given for this.

Not a fvcking chance. If Salah doesn't ever get done then no way does Fabinho. 

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Winning our last 3 games against Arsenal, Citeh and Chelsea would give us a fantastic springboard into next season, don't you remember what happened after our amazing finish in 14/15?...

Personally there is no scenario I can think of that would want me to hope we'd lose a game!.. 

Ah, hang on a minute... 

If a win meant we handed the title to the verminous Spuds.. 

Phew... What a ridiculous thought that is!. thank God its totally impossible. 

• Like 3

We need to forget about this season.

Stick potential development players out against man city and Chelsea see what we can use next season.

We cannot for any moment give liverpool the title 

Souness: We had no luck Wednesday :rolleyes: 

Admittedly I never saw last Wednesday’s game but I don’t think I heard about any controversies? In terms of decisions going for/against luck wasn't involved either way - it doesn't even need discussing. It sounded like Liverpool simply didn’t take their chances, Barca did, you make your own luck in that regard  - as I say I didn’t see the game.

Refreshing to see someone linked with Liverpool say they had luck and it was a dive last night though.

What Neville says at the end is how I feel to be honest, at this stage there is no good result as far as I’m concerned, it’s just Man City winning the league is the slightly better option.

I guess I/we’ve gotta be looking at it that whatever we do tomorrow we either derail Man City’s chances with a draw/win or if we lose it continues as it is, out of Liverpool’s hands and we hope Man City beat Brighton or hope Wolves get something against Liverpool on the last day.

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

IF you are true Leicester you will want us to WIN this game against Man City... we can still get 7th spot!! Anyone wanting us to lose can F off! I don’t give a stuff who wins the title, I want us to do the double over Man City for the first time in 2 years by any club!

End of :scarf:

You can be true Leicester and still not want Liverpool to win the league though... 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BirminghamFox said:

IF you are true Leicester you will want us to WIN this game against Man City... we can still get 7th spot!! Anyone wanting us to lose can F off! I don’t give a stuff who wins the title, I want us to do the double over Man City for the first time in 2 years by any club!

End of :scarf:

I’m with you. There is no circumstance ever I would want us to lose even in dark days when we wanted a manager out I would still want us to win first and foremost. This would be the view of most true fans. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I’m with you. There is no circumstance ever I would want us to lose even in dark days when we wanted a manager out I would still want us to win first and foremost. This would be the view of most true fans. 

So many fans this season wanted Puels side to lose games??? To see him gone

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1